{ Roman General } ACI Toys 1/6 Warriors ACI08 *Anniversary Product*2012 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why folks would have high expectations with Enterbay, QC-wise. Doesn't seem like they've done much to warrant it. My one experience with them has reinforced that idea. But yeah, if companies are out there promoting themselves to be the high end standard, and if they've seemingly got the resources to pump out quality products but don't, I think there's more reason to complain. But to me, if a figure is good it's good.

It is funny where people decide something is worth complaining about. For example nobody seems to mind Sideshows's floppy bodies (at least the Star Wars figures I have suffer from not being able to stand up on their own) - but as soon as Enterbay has a problem with floppy bodies everybody goes ballistic.

Yeah, exactly my point. Enterbay is a good example. The MIB figs had problems, and they were just thrashed across the board. Even though they LOOKED great. They looked spot on. Best sculpts in the business. But some had glue on the suits, a few had one leg longer than the other. But the thread was an absolute whine-fest.

Here, you have the same thing, but people are like "eh, I can fix it myself".

I think the main difference is with ACI, you can't send it back. They don't have a CS department, they're not a retailer. Enterbay is. People whine only because they know someone is there to listen. I know Bryan is around here, but he doesn't really respond to QC issues, not that ACI has a lot of QC issues to respond to, but that's not my point.

I see that a lot. With these no-name bootleg companies that pop off, like Phicen and FigureFun and VTS and Alpha Toys and Very Hot and POP Toys and ZC World, these faceless companies, put out crap that falls apart and/or looks crappy, and people are like "eh, whatever". . . but your Enterbay/Sideshow/Hot Toys, these companies that HAVE CS people that respond to emails, face endless complaints about product. It's a completely backwards system.

Yeah, exactly my point. Enterbay is a good example. The MIB figs had problems, and they were just thrashed across the board. Even though they LOOKED great. They looked spot on. Best sculpts in the business. But some had glue on the suits, a few had one leg longer than the other. But the thread was an absolute whine-fest.

I think the main difference is with ACI, you can't send it back. They don't have a CS department, they're not a retailer. Enterbay is. People whine only because they know someone is there to listen. I know Bryan is around here, but he doesn't really respond to QC issues, not that ACI has a lot of QC issues to respond to, but that's not my point.

I see that a lot. With these no-name bootleg companies that pop off, like Phicen and FigureFun and VTS and Alpha Toys and Very Hot and POP Toys and ZC World, these faceless companies, put out crap that falls apart and/or looks crappy, and people are like "eh, whatever". . . but your Enterbay/Sideshow/Hot Toys, these companies that HAVE CS people that respond to emails, face endless complaints about product. It's a completely backwards system.

So...you're complaining about the lack of complaining about a figure that warrants complaining. Dafuq? :dunno

It's not a backwards system at all. If something is not right it gets mentioned regardless of the figure from what I see. The difference is the size of the company. The three you have mentioned are the largest at the moment. Companies such as ACI are trying to get their name out there and will only do so with quality products such as this.

Look at the Head Play knock off True Types. When they were $20, people could live with problems a bit better. Now they are trying to get Hot Toys value for them and the tune will quickly change at $50 a pop. They will surely not sell as many and will start receiving great numbers of negative feedback if the issues remain (ie. loose joints).

With this figure - it is by far a great quality figure with only two flaws. Hand pegs - an $8 fix at most or free if you have dozens of extra pairs lying around like I do.
The armor straps - they stay in fine once posed. If you change poses or swap parts they WILL fall out or at the least attempt to. Can again be easily fixed as Lejuan said with double sided tape for about $1.00.

Doesn't give ACI a pass for not being perfect, but once you own this figure and see what ALL they got right you will be impressed.

The helmet, the cloak, the armor, the details, the paint, the sculpt, the body, and the accurateness of the overall look makes me :thud: this figure. Also, the retail price on this figure is probably just over 1/2 of what a company such as Hot Toys or Enterbay would have put it out for.

I have figures from Hot Toys, Enterbay, ThreeA, Sideshow, VTS, Dragon
and a few customs in my collection. This rates only behind my Doc Holliday Rainman custom out of all of them in my eyes.

Last edited:
I bought the Kaustic Plastic - Lavarius, Roman Army Legionnaire to go with General Maximus. Hopefully to receive by the end of the week.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the review!
Actually, I think the KP body looks pretty good dressed up in the legion's garb.
The TT ankles usually look like crap exposed and don't give much balance.

Decided to mess around with the armor last night and ended up gluing the seams at the shoulders of the chest armor (there are small tabs there that I ran a bead of glue). It did great. It also aligned the armor so that the tabs now fit much tighter. I ended up just putting a dab of glue on two tabs to make them as tight as the other four. I am glad I did it, now when I move it around or change poses everything stays put:yess:

For you Rez....... While I was working on it I changed the head and snapped a few quick pics. I really prefer the ACI sculpt to the Kings Toys. The KT sculpt is a bit pin headed to me and the helmet falls forward on it covering his brow.

009_zpsa4db2686.jpg

013_zps80d23299.jpg

012_zps2999b9ce.jpg

011_zps6e43fc96.jpg

Should have pics of the KP Legionnaire tonight with the ACI General.:panic:

Decided to mess around with the armor last night and ended up gluing the seams at the shoulders of the chest armor (there are small tabs there that I ran a bead of glue). It did great. It also aligned the armor so that the tabs now fit much tighter. I ended up just putting a dab of glue on two tabs to make them as tight as the other four. I am glad I did it, now when I move it around or change poses everything stays put:yess:

For you Rez....... While I was working on it I changed the head and snapped a few quick pics. I really prefer the ACI sculpt to the Kings Toys. The KT sculpt is a bit pin headed to me and the helmet falls forward on it covering his brow.

009_zpsa4db2686.jpg

013_zps80d23299.jpg

012_zps2999b9ce.jpg

011_zps6e43fc96.jpg

Honestly whoever says the kingtoys head is better than the Iminime or ACI for that matter is smoking some good stuff.

Thanks man! It does look a little pinheaded. I wish I had mine already to decide if Im keeping the KT head or not.

009_zpsa4db2686.jpg

013_zps80d23299.jpg

012_zps2999b9ce.jpg

011_zps6e43fc96.jpg

Back