{ Roman General } ACI Toys 1/6 Warriors ACI08 *Anniversary Product*2012 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing's for sure, the neck looks way too long.
I'm sure the first thing I'll do once I get mine is to take it apart and see what fixes the figure needs.

Yeah, he does have a bit of a giraffe neck. But, it can be masked more if the cloak is pulled up higher and he is wearing the helmet. But trimming some of the neck off of the sculpt would help.

I got my figure today from toyshomeb2. The figure is great, in spite of all the small flaws (which are already reported in this thread).

Unfortunately, my set was missing one of the leg armors:

The box was sealed, and in otherwise good condition, so this seems to be an error from the manufacturer. Since this is a limited edition set, parts are not available anywhere. I hope I can find a resolution with the seller, because I really don't want to return the item :pray:

I got my figure today from toyshomeb2. The figure is great, in spite of all the small flaws (which are already reported in this thread).

Unfortunately, my set was missing one of the leg armors:

The box was sealed, and in otherwise good condition, so this seems to be an error from the manufacturer. Since this is a limited edition set, parts are not available anywhere. I hope I can find a resolution with the seller, because I really don't want to return the item :pray:

That is horrible:horror. I would contact the seller and ACI promptly to try and get the missing piece. There were some being parted out on eBay a few day ago. Maybe there will be some more once the US retailers start to get theirs if you have a difficult time from ACI or the seller. Good luck man.

Man that sucks but i have had missing parts with hot toys as well before. Hopefully like hot toys does most of the time they'll sort it out.

I've already contacted the seller so hopefully they can get the missing part from ACI, without having me ship the entire set back to hk. If not, I'll have to wait for the missing part to be available on ebay, which could take some time.

I would also try and contact ACI....and then if thats not an option just wait for TA to break this down and be quick on the draw....

I've already contacted the seller so hopefully they can get the missing part from ACI, without having me ship the entire set back to hk. If not, I'll have to wait for the missing part to be available on ebay, which could take some time.

Bryan of ACI has a presence on the OSW board. If the seller can't sort it out you might try contacting him via a pm on OSW. Sorry to see you got the QC dud so far, it takes the gloss off the purchase somewhat. I'm sure the seller or ACI will be able to sort this out for you without having to resort to part outs.

I was curious about how Robbie would fix the straps. . .if he feels glue is the best solution, then I reckon I should go the same route. I might do hot glue instead of superglue in case I ever want to take him apart and put him in the box, though. I also want to get the head to fit tighter on that neck plug somehow.

My straps sit in well enough once it's posed. They'll fall out just handling the figure though. I'm going to set and forget, but if I wanted to affix them better I'll be using double-sided tape. I don't want to leave anything permanent on there.

My head is sitting on there nicely too. I haven't played around with it enough to say for sure, but just wiggling it about a bit it seems fine.

ACI Toys Facebook said:
Dear Customers,

Thanks a lot for your appreciation to the ACI Roman General Figure. Recently we have limited numbers of the figure released in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore as CNY pre-sale. Main shipment to worldwide will start from April 2013 onwards depends on locating area. We are sorry for the delay!

ACI Toys

You got to be BLEEPING kidding me! :gah:

This is one of the rare times when I really "..can hardly wait.." for it. Very excited. However, the place I ordered it from lists it as 'Arriving in April'. Bummer.

This is one of the rare times when I really "..can hardly wait.." for it. Very excited. However, the place I ordered it from lists it as 'Arriving in April'. Bummer.

You're in for treat! But you need to be a bit zen about the time and effort it takes to assemble the figure into full costume. I've put together a few WWII military figures, which can be finicky - but this was probably more frustrating because of how poorly the connecting rods/spikes secure one part to another. You'll have just got one part right only to find something else has come apart or fallen off. When I eventually did get it all assembled it presented as a very impressive figure. As others have said, it is a real centre piece.

The head shape isn't quite right - I found it looks way more like Crowe with the helmet on. But when I look at the figure I'm very happy with the likeness - not 100% but unmistakably Crowe.

Any thoughts about swapping out the ACI head for Denny Kim's when it is released?

IMINIME Presents
THE ROMAN GENERAL
418732_474065859324713_444338806_n.jpg

Head Sculpted by Hyun Ji Kim
Painted by Joong Woo Park
Produced by Denny Kim

Roman General Painted Headsculpt $110 + Shipping - ORDER HERE! https://www.iminime.net/shop/step1.php?number=46

393051_474065855991380_307546063_n.jpg

16581_474065862658046_93880481_n.jpg

409401_474065882658044_1902649404_n.jpg

553542_474065899324709_1812864974_n.jpg

181865_474065902658042_1530176954_n.jpg

599613_474065919324707_1251372877_n.jpg

1478_474065925991373_388333554_n.jpg
[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

The paint looks great. To my eye it's probably a 10-15% better sculpt overall, but at over 80% of the MSRP of the full figure set, I'll pass.

if it cost that much then that's just ridiculous....I'm loving it though....more and more pub this figure gets we may get a licensed figure one day

1478_474065925991373_388333554_n.jpg
[/CENTER][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

he look a bit chunky in that hs.... i like the ACI sculpt better...

Back