Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw blade arm and Rogue's arm need to be one piece and made of metal. That's it, end of story. No need to consult engineering masterminds for some elaborate system that won't work and they won't use anyway. Attach the arm at the shoulder with a really strong magnet or a deep pin.

They think running some rod all the way through this is going to make it sound. It won't. Either the rod will be too thin and do nothing to support the weight, or it will actually be too thick and there will not be enough resin surrounding it (like at her wrist) which will make the resin crack and splinter.

This man knows what he is talking about. If you want to support a statue like this with one point of contact at such an odd angle this is the way to go. Or you could make the body super super light but we know how much collectors like that...

This man knows what he is talking about. If you want to support a statue like this with one point of contact at such an odd angle this is the way to go. Or you could make the body super super light but we know how much collectors like that...

I agree. Great idea. Jacket will hide the seam. Perfect solution for long term stability. Please reach out and pass this idea along hahaha

Well what do you know. Sideshow went with an all metal arm attached directly to the rod running down the saw arm. I said right in the very beginning that this was the ONLY way to do this. All I heard was "all you need is a strong rod through the arm." With a rod as thick as you would need, no way the shallow amount of material around the rod at the skinny wrist would have held up. It would have cracked and splintered. So happy they went this route.
Screen-Shot-2019-05-01-at-11-50-03-AM.jpg
picture coutesy nearmint on Statue Forum

Well what do you know. Sideshow went with an all metal arm attached directly to the rod running down the saw arm. I said right in the very beginning that this was the ONLY way to do this. All I heard was "all you need is a strong rod through the arm." With a rod as thick as you would need, no way the shallow amount of material around the rod at the skinny wrist would have held up. It would have cracked and splintered. So happy they went this route.
View attachment 452208
picture coutesy nearmint on Statue Forum

I’m so glad they do the things the right way. Now just can’t wait to get these statue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back