Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think as prices go up people are bound to have more hesitations or "nitpick" over things like engineering and materials more.

Especially when we don't know what the finished product will look like, or if it will start to lean after 6 months

At the moment it's not knowing what the figure of the statue is going to be made out of, and also not knowing the engineering that has been done to possibly hold up a Polystone figure in the air for an indefinite period.

All this is unknown and yet it's almost up for preorder. So if that's a nitpick, fine. I'll be nitpicking until we know for sure.

This is the thread of mass complaints. Always find something to nitpick. Don’t like a statue, don’t pay for it. Period. Jesus people have nothing better to do that complain like a bunch of ninny’s.

I'm pretty sure this is a discussion forum isn't it? That means you're free to discuss things and volunteer opinions....or are you saying that it should only be positive opinions and we keep quiet about things we don't like?

In other news, I was looking at the pics of this piece......close one eye, then use your finger to cover Rogue's eyes and nose. That mouth, yikes!!!

In other news, I was looking at the pics of this piece......close one eye, then use your finger to cover Rogue's eyes and nose. That mouth, yikes!!!

Hmm, you might be on to something there. It is mostly the mouth, or more the 'cheek folds'.

I'm not AS concerned with materials. If the paintjob is good, I would be happy. I am way more concerned with how this is constructed. This piece has crazy potential for leaning. My cyclops PF is leaning like the tower of Pisa but it only cost $300 if I remember correctly. At $715, I would be pretty damn pissed if my statue started leaning after a year or two.

I'm not AS concerned with materials. If the paintjob is good, I would be happy. I am way more concerned with how this is constructed. This piece has crazy potential for leaning. My cyclops PF is leaning like the tower of Pisa but it only cost $300 if I remember correctly. At $715, I would be pretty damn pissed if my statue started leaning after a year or two.

Agreed. To be honest as long as it looks like the proto, I'd prefer a vinyl body because it's lighter and I'd be less worried about leaning. Don't everyone freak out, I said if it looks like the proto. Who knows though, maybe they've mastered some new engineering technique :dunno

Annnnnd... breaking the $699 barrier at $715! And prices just keep going up. POed, but I know this ain't gonna go well with collectors.

Annnnnd... breaking the $699 barrier at $715! And prices just keep going up. POed, but I know this ain't gonna go well with collectors.

oh snap! no hesitation...good on ya! I will admire this piece from afar for now. I think any 1/4 scale over $570 is a bit too rich for my blood (unless its Hulk).

George Clooney was masterful on the Golden Girls and Quentin Tarantino did an awesome Elvis on the show as well...they should get their own statues!

But Magneto maquette ex was $750 and just about everybody said Rogue would be more. The $699 barrierwas already broken. But still - it's a lot of $$$ and for a EU collector who doesn't feel the need for the ex, I gonna look for a good price from a local seller.

But Magneto maquette ex was $750 and just about everybody said Rogue would be more. The $699 barrierwas already broken. But still - it's a lot of $$$ and for a EU collector who doesn't feel the need for the ex, I gonna look for a good price from a local seller.

Hah, maybe so but Magneto is crazy expensive too. These prices are just nutz to me. I can't fathom them being this expensive. I'm pretty shocked people still order these things like popcorn.

Yep, that's pretty much correct. I believe I was in the minority who said it'll be cheaper. Well I said somewhere between $700-$750 USD anyway.

But given that the price for this is pretty much identical to the Iron Man Mark 3 Sideshow Maquette, I'll definitely be preordering the regular locally as I was able to get a far more reasonable price than ordering it direct from Sideshow.

Yep, that's pretty much correct. I believe I was in the minority who said it'll be cheaper. Well I said somewhere between $700-$750 USD anyway.

But given that the price for this is pretty much identical to the Iron Man Mark 3 Sideshow Maquette, I'll definitely be preordering the regular locally as I was able to get a far more reasonable price than ordering it direct from Sideshow.

I will look to order regulars moving forward as well given these asinine prices:rotfl Someone mentioned ebay discounts. how do people get those?

If you’re acting like a ninny don’t be surprised when you get called a ninny. First, ppl complained about price. Then it was not enough swap outs. Now that the price was less than expected, those same folks are complaining about...engineering [emoji23]. What’s next I wonder. It’s comical, the ninny’s. It’s like watching an episode of golden girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what the **** is a ninny?

A silly, stupid, foolish person. Guess I'm showing my age.

Hey! I take great umbrage with that.

I'm may be silly, and somewhat foolish, but I'm definitely not stupid........ but then again I am buying vast quantities of statues of comic, game and movie characters :dunno

hah, more power to ya brotha! I def don't blame anyone for ordering if they can swing it. It's a beautiful piece. If I didn't have the first Rogue PF, I would PO this no question!

Yeah for me I only started collecting when the Hulk vs Wolvie Dio came out. I actually had forgotten about Sideshow for many years when I first stumbled upon it. Wasn't financially viable at the time. Many years later I don't know how but I stumbled upon it saw the Dio and ordered and the rest is history that was in 2016.

Since then I've bought 7 framed prints.

6 statues currently (Red Sonja EX 2017 version, Wolverine EX 2017 version, Captain Marvel, Dr.Doom, Thanos EX Maquette, Hulk vs Wolverine EX Dio)

Current P.O. (Magneto Maquette, Black Widow EX and Captain America EX PF, Thor 2018 version EX PF, Rogue EX Maquette)

The last 2 I'm probably going to add are X-23 and Psylocke.

Juggernaut and Cable are most likely depending on reveal.

End Goal is to do Avengers and X-Men between PF's and Maquette's and major villains.

I'll pick up Mystique if I have enough reward points and it's still available at some point because I want one and I do like it I just don't love it.

Well, Rogue has been my fave female character for over 30 years and since money isn't a problem for this ninny, I decided to preorder the EX.
I did that because I'm hoping the portraits will surprise me when in hand, and/or someone will do a custom portrait for the piece once it's out.

Back