Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, me too.

Sideshow releases statue with plain base - "Good old boring SS not doing anything innovative. Same bases over and over".
Sideshow releases statue with elaborate base - "Good old SS, now making elaborate bases no one wants and inflating prices".

Or they could just make something in between and please everyone. :)

Yup, me too.

Sideshow releases statue with plain base - "Good old boring SS not doing anything innovative. Same bases over and over".
Sideshow releases statue with elaborate base - "Good old SS, now making elaborate bases no one wants and inflating prices".

Here's my issue. They state in an interview they created a whole Sentinel and broke it apart for the different X-Men characters. Amazing idea in theory.

Now, the X-Men are revealed and we have:

Wolverine - damaged Sentinel hand
X-23 - damaged Sentinel hand
Magneto - damaged Sentinel head
Rogue - Danger Room, potentially damaged Sentinel related (the arm and buzz saw)
Emma - damaged Danger Room or Cerebro chamber in appearance, with Cerebro on base
Mystique - rubble with the damaged X-Mansion logo
Psylocke - a black disc and a pink flower

So, every single piece (except Psylocke) has a battle-related base, whether it be battle in the Danger Room, battle in the Cerebro chamber or battle outside the X-Mansion. Psylocke get's a base that does not go with any of those, and quite literally only is cohesive with Dark Phoenix from 2016 (silver disc and fire).

This is my issue with Sideshow and their bases.

Here's my issue. They state in an interview they created a whole Sentinel and broke it apart for the different X-Men characters. Amazing idea in theory.

Now, the X-Men are revealed and we have:

Wolverine - damaged Sentinel hand
X-23 - damaged Sentinel hand
Magneto - damaged Sentinel head
Rogue - Danger Room, potentially damaged Sentinel related (the arm and buzz saw)
Emma - damaged Danger Room or Cerebro chamber in appearance, with Cerebro on base
Mystique - rubble with the damaged X-Mansion logo
Psylocke - a black disc and a pink flower

So, every single piece (except Psylocke) has a battle-related base, whether it be battle in the Danger Room, battle in the Cerebro chamber or battle outside the X-Mansion. Psylocke get's a base that does not go with any of those, and quite literally only is cohesive with Dark Phoenix from 2016 (silver disc and fire).

This is my issue with Sideshow and their bases.

People hated the X-bases from the older PFs but honestly when it came to consistency and also ease of display, I didn't mind them. I might buy some of the new Xmen but they aren't going to display that well with my older ones...esp a piece like the new Rogue. I do hope we get some Xmen that don't actually exist lol. I mean Rogue, Psylocke, Emma...these are all just new versions of existing PFs.

People hated the X-bases from the older PFs but honestly when it came to consistency and also ease of display, I didn't mind them. I might buy some of the new Xmen but they aren't going to display that well with my older ones...esp a piece like the new Rogue. I do hope we get some Xmen that don't actually exist lol. I mean Rogue, Psylocke, Emma...these are all just new versions of existing PFs.

Where’s Beast, Iceman, Archangel and Nightcrawler :huh

But, they weren't consistent either. Jean, Psylocke, Rogue and Gambit all had the red/black X bases. Then they gave Wolverine, Storm and Cyclops nature-environment bases. Then we had Wolverine no. 2, Sabretooth no. 2 and Dark Phoenix with silver dog bowl bases. Apocalypse has a high-tech base.

Yes... so many characters they should do

It is quite infuriating that we get multiples of Cap, Thor, Widow, etc, but no Hank Pym, Wasp, Black Knight, Quicksilver, etc.
We get multiples of Emma, Mystique, Sabretooth, Psylocke, etc, but no Angel, Beast, Ice-Man, Mr Sinister, etc.

So some argue that female statues sell better than males ones (unless it's the big guns like Wolverine, etc).....but then why won't they give folks like Kitty Pryde or Polaris a shot?

We're getting a dozen repeats (if you include Supes, Bats and Wondy in the DC line) and you can't tell me that Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Doc Strange, Namor wouldn't be worth a shot for SS? They apparently don't even want to finish the G.o.t.G either.

Don't even get me started on the FF.

Pretty sure Marvel gives them a list of characters they can make and the lesser characters don’t make the cut.

Have to agree. With all these great looking X-ladies ...it would be great to have Angel, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Storm, Kitty, Havok, Polaris and etc. in PF form, too.

Back