Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSC better deliver an exceptional Rogue statue if they are going to label her a Maquette.

Sculpt, proportions, paint and pose better be excellent ...or they can just keep their Maquette to themselves.

I'm down with the costume.

I can't tell but I'm wondering if the jacket is mixed media or not?

My only issue is with the face sculpt. From the side angle that we see, she looks like she's been aged up??

Hope to see more angles before I make a decision, as I would rather get just the regular locally.

And regarding the art print, I wouldn't put much hope in its different art direction, as we've seen recent examples where art prints and statues have had nothing alike other then being of the same 'character'.

Looks mixed media to me but will have to wait and see. I would prefer that tbh. I really hope there is an alternate head more akin to the print. Image if we only got one head and it was nothing like the print! :rotfl

Big bases just to hike prices are lame AF.

Honestly I really like the large bases that come with some of Prime 1's various 1/4 scale lines. Though they do get somewhat harder to display.

But again some of us are just making an assumption that the base for Rogue will be big.

Looks mixed media to me but will have to wait and see. I would prefer that tbh. I really hope there is an alternate head more akin to the print. Image if we only got one head and it was nothing like the print! :rotfl

I don't need to imagine that scenario. That's pretty much every single art print and associated female statue that Sideshow has produced. It's seems to be damn near impossible to replicate the faces on those art prints.

They all look much older than the younger art style prints. The style is base on real people. So it’s nothing alike.

I don't need to imagine that scenario. That's pretty much every single art print and associated female statue that Sideshow has produced. It's seems to be damn near impossible to replicate the faces on those art prints.

Yeah, the execution has been wildly different sometimes, which I'm not really complaining about. However this character has two main popular hairstyles, one shown in the print, and the other in the teaser. Surely sideshow won't be so stupid as to miss an opportunity to produce both ohwaitwearetalkingaboutsideshow

Gonna say something kinda sacrilegious here, but I never liked Rogue's '90s look, even as a kid. It never made sense to me from a practical standpoint. She's got a suit that covers most of her body, neck to wrists to feet, but she's apparently cold, so she needs a jacket. The jacket, however, is too warm or the sleeves are too long or something, so she has to roll them up. Why not make the upper portion of the suit a little warmer so she doesn't need to put on a jacket over it?

Gonna say something kinda sacrilegious here, but I never liked Rogue's '90s look, even as a kid. It never made sense to me from a practical standpoint. She's got a suit that covers most of her body, neck to wrists to feet, but she's apparently cold, so she needs a jacket. The jacket, however, is too warm or the sleeves are too long or something, so she has to roll them up. Why not make the upper portion of the suit a little warmer so she doesn't need to put on a jacket over it?

Did superhero customes ever make sense tho lol? Imo her costume is miles better than those swimsuit/battle panty costumes some superheroes have. Rogue’s costume is definitely on more practical side lol

Did superhero customes ever make sense tho lol? Imo her costume is miles better than those swimsuit/battle panty costumes some superheroes have. Rogue’s costume is definitely on more practical side lol

Not often. And it's not practical. That's my point.

I pretty much grew up with the original animated series back in the day. I think that's what got me started in reading comic books in the first place.

So this has always been the costume that I've related to Rogue.

I pretty much grew up with the original animated series back in the day. I think that's what got me started in reading comic books in the first place.

So this has always been the costume that I've related to Rogue.

I grew up with this costume, too (I watched both the cartoon and read the comic books where it featured prominently, as a kid), and like I said, even as a kid, I thought it was rather silly and impractical. I much prefer Rogue's more modern Legacy or New Avengers looks.

Last edited:
It's not a statue I'd buy, but I actually think it looks really cool. Not a fan of a fabric jacket though.

Back