Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not paying $750 or more for another standard sized PF. This MAQ money grab is an easy pass for me.

There’s still 4 or 5 of the 90’s team still missing

C'mon. You know that not finishing lineups is standard operating procedure for sideshow. Want an FF PF lineup? No can do. Want a original Avengers PF lineup? Not gonna happen. You think sideshow is going to finish the Lee X-MEN PF lineup? You should know better than that. At best you can hope sideshow makes a sideshowified PF of the characters they left out of the Lee lineup. That's what everyone is reduced to now. It's no different with their DC license. Want to finish your classic Big 7 JL lineup? Wait for a sideshowified Flash PF. Hell, if we're real lucky it'll be a MAQ and we'll have the privilege of paying $200 more for it. You can probably forget about a Martian Manhunter PF. Will sideshow even go there? A MM PF may never see the light of day. This is just the way it goes with sideshow.

Hmmm not sure about the face with some of these real life portraits. Why is this simple character a maquette? I thought maquette was for huge characters. Cable should’ve been a maquette and not this one. Hope for a second younger attractive coh. But need to see more angles of the face to decide.

The real question is when will sideshow just start labeling all PFs MAQs? Why leave another $200 per statue on the table when they can simply change any PF to a MAQ and rake in the money?

Really hope for maquette prices the ex will be a must have and the Es will be really low. Then the reg they can make as many as they wish for all who doesn’t want to pay for the ex. Still in shock rogue is a maquette and cable is not.

Can't wait to see more!

facecompareroguereg.jpg

popcorn.gif

Not paying $750 or more for another standard sized PF. This MAQ money grab is an easy pass for me.

Exactly. I understand wanting to do big creative things to a base/sculpt on a character like Magneto or Juggernaut or thanos. They are first time sculpts, highly sought after, and 2 of those 3 were going to be large anyways... so why not shoot for the moon. I really hate to shoot down or seem like I’m bashing their creativity too, because if they pictured this statue with a crazy base, they should be able to make it the way they see it... but to me it feels gimmicky to just plug an onsomble/team character on a crazy base. They know collectors will want to finish the team. I can’t help but agree that it feels like a stunt/cash grab.

I feel like sideshow may just be making a play from going from the great mid range collectible that looks great and won’t break your bank... and moving on to something else. I know Marvels value has skyrocketed, I know warehouse costs have gone up, but when you hear the prices people in the custom industry pay to get these things reproduced per unit. And 50 are being made instead of 5000.... you just know that these price hikes aren’t only about “increase costs”. There is nothing that would have changed to double the cost within such a short period of time.

All that being said, the piece looks stunning so far. I hope I will be able to buy it, but I won’t if it is in the so-far established “maquette” price range.

New Emma looked great and then they showed the EX head and the hair from the front...pass. I'll stick with my Barbie version lol. This actually looks pretty great. I have the first PF but if they knock this out of the park, I'll be tempted. BIG Rogue fan. But the cost is also a concern for me as well. Definitely not dropping $600-$700 for another Rogue when the first one I got was what, like $350? I forget but twice the cost is just not worth it for me. Ill stick to buying any new X-men they release. Still, I'm intrigued and definitely looking forward to full reveal.

New Emma looked great and then they showed the EX head and the hair from the front...pass. I'll stick with my Barbie version lol. This actually looks pretty great. I have the first PF but if they knock this out of the park, I'll be tempted. BIG Rogue fan. But the cost is also a concern for me as well. Definitely not dropping $600-$700 for another Rogue when the first one I got was what, like $350? I forget but twice the cost is just not worth it for me. Ill stick to buying any new X-men they release. Still, I'm intrigued and definitely looking forward to full reveal.

Rogue was $299 if my memory serves correct. Guessing maquette will be $700 and up....for a supposedly more “complex” base.

I had the PF, never liked it that much, and sold it for about $900 a while back. I figured a company would eventually make a better version. The head sculpt on this new maquette doesn't look great. I dislike that they tease just enough to disappoint. If that's a good angle then I'm afraid for the rest. I'll track the progress on this statue but my expectations are very low. I'm beginning to see a trend of passing on recent Sideshow X Men statues. Hopefully XM makes a Rogue. I have the XM storm on PO for close to $950 and I feel glad to get one and can't wait to have it. Never thought I'd spend that much on a statue. With Sideshow, I feel like they're trying to gouge me for cash with poor designs. I liked the part where it was just a full page saying Rogue maquette, and then they showed the statue. Cringe.

from the angle previewed, the sculpt looks like the chick who played Lady Jaye in those GI JOE movies. She was also in John Wick.

I don't really care if there's a better sculpt, if she's $700 plus I'm not getting her.

So maquette just means bigger base?

I hate big bases now with space being tight. That’s why I buy more ss now. Then off course this new rogue becomes a maquette with a massive base. Will ss make 2 versions for the fans? One with a smaller base and less expensive?

I hate big bases now with space being tight. That’s why I buy more ss now. Then off course this new rogue becomes a maquette with a massive base. Will ss make 2 versions for the fans? One with a smaller base and less expensive?

You wish. Imo that'll never happen.

Frankly we should wait to see if this piece will even have a bigger than normal base, and at the moment we're all just making an educated guess (though probable) that because it's being called a 'Sideshow Maquette' it'll be a far more expensive piece.

We all saw what an educated guess was worth in relation to the belief that Mystique was definitely coming with a long haired alternate headsculpt based on that promo pic.

Back