Rogue Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone notice she has a Giraffe neck???

6826_press06-001.jpg

been thinking of letting mine go, especially after seeing this picture:confused:

I already have the first three and Rogue will be a gorgeous addition; along with the Mystique PF. I can hardly wait for mine to arrive. :monkey5

you guys may want to consider not letting yours go cause I think she will be the one to get out of all of them.

I'm looking at the one we have here at the house, and I don't see a giraffe neck. I think what you might be seeing is the highlight onthe highly reflective paint. In that photo, it runs down the neck, catching your attention. the pain is a really nice touch; it catches highlights the way comic book artists have been drawing for years, as well as that "spot black" thing they do, when a form turns around into shadow. I think the muscles at either side of her neck are falling into shadow, giving the illusion that her neck is too long.

Ours is standing next to Emma Frost,and their necks look about the same length. I know this was on display at San Diego, where lots of people got good photos of it. Why not do a google search and check some of those out. I'd suggest not base your decision of a single photo, that might be playing tricks with your eyes.

You know, if anything, the photoshop that Adam did on the statue looked better than the painted proto. For some reason the proto looks like she hadnt gotten much sleep and her eyelids are too dark. Can we get someone who has the face closeup compared to the photoshop Adam did?

Man, I never noticed the neck before. Here are some pics I took, and the last one makes the neck look very long.

IMG_9381Large.jpg

IMG_9382Large.jpg

IMG_9384Large.jpg

I'm still keeping her, I really like this line.

Yeah.. it's like the realized the face was behind the glove so they raised her neck a bit.

Put a scarf over her extended neck, call it a Premium format, and problem solved.

Can't do that to fix anything. The AH! pieces are smaller than 1/4 which is the set standard for PFs. They are an in between size for pieces very unique but close. Rogue is 5'8" which is 68" divided by 4 equals 17", just Rogue herself. The piece is 16" overall including base. Most of the AH! bases are a couple of inches which makes her 14" slightly over 1/5 scale. :D

Can't do that to fix anything. The AH! pieces are smaller than 1/4 which is the set standard for PFs. They are an in between size for pieces very unique but close. Rogue is 5'8" which is 68" divided by 4 equals 17", just Rogue herself. The piece is 16" overall including base. Most of the AH! bases are a couple of inches which makes her 14" slightly over 1/5 scale. :D

I have the three AH pieces and would not even consider giving them up. Their sizes are very nice for the original prices which were charged. They are nice and elegant and I feel the perfect size for display. Besides if they were any larger who knows what hanky panky would be going on out there. :monkey5

Back