Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Elvis Bilboard images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity0408

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I am really hoping that this is an okay place to put this. I honestly can't find anything on the net that even relates to it.

One of my friends gave me a very interesting project to research. I typically deal with antique collectables (my most recent was a 1928 Arcade Fordson toy tractor that someone wanted to know the range of value). This current project is not an antique (at least not in my definition), but it is pretty rare. One of his family members has in his possession 30 (folded - it is how they come) mint condition billboard posters that are aprox 20x40 featuring the Rock and Roll Hall of fame's celebration of Elvis Presley sometime from 1998 to 2000. These particular billboards were never hung because The Hall of Fame decided that they did not like the picture used on them. So basically, these were never actually seen by the public (I am not sure if they were remade or if they just did not hang any that year) and my friends has 30 out of the 50 that were made that year.

I know that there is more to this story, and my friend is asking his family member about it. He is also trying to get me an image. I have no idea where to look. Since they were never actually hung, there is nowhere I know of that I can reference. I don't even really know the search terms. I put in "billboard", and I get an actual blank billboard or an electrical one. When I put in "image", I get a tarp (which these are not - I don't believe) not something that is pasted on it.

If you have questions that might help figure out either value or where (besides ebay) I can look to get more answers, please ask and I will relay them to my friend. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Just so you know, this is a toy and statue collector board. You may have luck on some kind of Elvis collector or poster collector board.

Yes that is true, but since this forum's description is
"For general discussion of any collectible that wouldn't be considered an action figure and is not covered by another forum, including statues, busts, props, art prints, etc. Including but not limited to: Bond, Hellboy, Star Trek, Simpsons, Planet of the Apes, Highlander, Musicians, etc."

I thought it might fit, so that is why I am asking. It is art and it could be considered a prop. It is a poster (which could also be considered an art print), although a very large one.

I do appreciate your advice, and I thank you for it. I am looking for more places where I might be able to look (yes, Elvis collectables work, but most of them are looking for merchandise directly connected to him through his estate). I have not been able to find any forums that come remotely close to what I am looking for, with the exception of this one.

Back