Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand NWA for their influence and breaking new ground and while not genre I listen to, I have heard their music. But LLCoolJ? I don't recall hearing anything by him and seeing in a Scream sequel? :dunno That is worse than Green Day.

Way way too many artist and bands got in before Judas Priest.

If youre opening it up to rap LL goes in.

Huge impact. great longevity and a nice catalog of hits for maybe 25 yrs.

About time that Judas Priest is considered. That could definitely open the door for Iron Maiden. If attitude is sufficient for someone to be rock and roll, then Nina Simone has to go in. If Bon Jovi gets in, while neither Foreigner or Depeche Mode does, then that will make zero sense. In other words--Bon Jovi is a lock. Meters, MC5, Eurythmics, the Cars, and Dire Straits all totally deserve to be in. I think the only locks are Radiohead and Rage, though neither deserves to get in year 1 of eligibility.

Foreigner, Boston, Moody Blues, Frampton, Todd Rundgren, Pat Benatar, The Guess Who, Thin Lizzy, Judas Priest, The Zombies, The Scorpions, Def Leppard, Chubby Checker, Carol King, Joe Cocker, J. Geils, Motley Crue, The Monkees, Three Dog Night, Steppenwolf, Bryan Adams.....

Unbelievable that there are so many who should be in and they continue to induct groups/people that most have never heard of or are not in the genre.

Ultimately it's a popularity contest, they'll be plenty of people that will or will not get in for whatever reason deservedly or not.

Genre, it's all inclusive now. To say RUN DMC are not the kings of rock would be a mistake.

52133-Run-DMC-King-of-Rock.jpg

Those 3 absolutely lived the rock star life.

:duff

Back