Robocop 3 - Is this bad bod hitting yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if that alternate sculpt (Frontline?) was sculpted to accomodate the helmet? If not then it would just be interchangeable to swap between helmet on/off versions.

Here is a look at him as he should look...
Robo002.jpg

More rounded than tall. More "details" in him. Skin issues I guess. But it makes the character.

dekadentdave said:
Wonder if that alternate sculpt (Frontline?) was sculpted to accomodate the helmet? If not then it would just be interchangeable to swap between helmet on/off versions.

That I could live with!

Wow, Les that does make a huge difference. But think the biggest issue that bugs me is the extra roll around the jawline. It just thows the whole thing out of whack... although possible more in photos than in person.

galactiboy said:
Wow, Les that does make a huge difference. But think the biggest issue that bugs me is the extra roll around the jawline. It just thows the whole thing out of whack... although possible more in photos than in person.

I tried. It's a tough repaint. Even though it is simple.
I was put off by the smoothness. Maybe I should have gummed up the skin some. It needs a Darren pass. :D
But, that jaw is large. It looks ok in the helm gear. Just too wide.
Why can't they scale this stuff down right!?!?!?! SO CLOSE! No cigar.
Still...he looks mighty cool on my shelf.

With his big ole Robo head.
If it were bobbing a bit, picture would be complete. :lol

Still, I'd get one guys. He is cool. The accessories are amazing!

great repaint Les!! it just seems they gave us too damn much sculpt! the forehead is too tall and chin too wide/long. still ur repaint is IMO, 100% better than the Robo 1 generic.

In hand and I love it... I think I am experiencing buyer remorse though... I wish I'd gotten the 1st Figure issue... The the color of the armour is better and the head is tighter and not as big looking... PS: I love the triple full-stop... In all my typing...

hey was the HT Robo w/ laser arm more like version 1 or this newer version 3? i seem to recall it was basically Robo1 but w/ gun arm.

grangewallis said:
Nice Job Les - Get the air-brush out and thin out those cheeks... Can you put the helment on yet?

Don't use an airbrush, but your thought is mine! :D
As for the helmet, it fits great. In fact, he looks great with it on.
I have settled down some from my initial response to my Robo, and he now seems to be kicking some serious butt on my shelf. I think, he rules! :rock
So, forget what I said. He looks too cool standing there.

I'll post another pic when I can. He's just to my right as I type, watching. Gun raised and ready. I think he's a keeper.
Now, if only I had gone after pre-battled ED. Dumb me. :monkey2

Oh well....
Clarence Boddiker and Dick Jones will have to do.

figuremasterles said:
Don't use an airbrush, but your thought is mine! :D
As for the helmet, it fits great. In fact, he looks great with it on.
I have settled down some from my initial response to my Robo, and he now seems to be kicking some serious butt on my shelf. I think, he rules! :rock
So, forget what I said. He looks too cool standing there.

I'll post another pic when I can. He's just to my right as I type, watching. Gun raised and ready. I think he's a keeper.

Oh well....

I'm will you on this one Les... I love the figure! I love the springs on the calve pistions... That's great thinking on the design teams part! Love Hot Toys!
I also love how smooth and clean the armour is. I think I started to Blofield stroke it at one stage!

I'll take some pictures next week to show him off better!

Hey Les on an off note: How did you do the Superman Returns Heel lift?... I asked once in your Custom Forum, but I think I got lost in all the post with that one.

grangewallis said:
I'm will you on this one Les... I love the figure! I love the springs on the calve pistions... That's great thinking on the design teams part! Love Hot Toys!
I also love how smooth and clean the armour is. I think I started to Blofield stroke it at one stage!

I'll take some pictures next week to show him off better!

Hey Les on an off note: How did you do the Superman Returns Heel lift?... I asked once in your Custom Forum, but I think I got lost in all the post with that one.

Oh lord! It's in here somewhere...You know who knows? Pjam! That dude can go right to it!
If I can find my detailed post, I will quote it here.

In the mean time, how's this?
Talk about your wild tag teams!!! :D

PredEld024.jpg

Robo rules! :rock

I just scoped the whole Superman Returns thread, and my own. I just can't find that....so....

Here goes....

Needed: Boots/feet inside, needlenose pliers, long stick of chopstick, napkin/cloth/kleenex for stuffing, cup of microwaved, very hot water. Towels to dry off with.

Get the cup of hot water, you can use a coffee cup, and microwave it...

Then, assuming with the feet popped off the figure to work, and them still inside the boots no doubt, you, one foot at a time (the whole process, one foot at a time), dip the whole shebang down into the very hot water with some needle nosed pliers. Try to keep this to the outside of the boot.

After about a minute, pull it out, and dry it off quickly, then then reach in with the needlenose pliers, and pull/work out the foot out as carefully as you can by grabbing the post and pulling and working it out.

That done....

You can use folded cloth, napkin, whatever will fill out the inner base of the boot, using tongs or sticks, I used a chopstick, and mostly in the heel area, and pack it all down well. Then, you go through the whole heating thing again, only in reverse.

You then heat the boot again, trying not to dip it where the water gets inside for sure this time, and then, carefully, push the foot back down into the boot. You have to feed the toes down into the boot first, and around that corner, then push and cuss and pound on things, just don't break that post! And it eventually pushes into place.

The whole point is filling out the heels which don't the way the toy is made. But, it would in real life, so it will work.

Do this to both feet. Don't put the wrong foot in the wrong boot. Don't laugh. I did. :lol

Then, if you smoke, do so. :D You'll need it! (I don't, but you will need a rest after it all. It gets kind of nervewracking)

This will make your figure taller, and amazingly, in better proportions when standing.

Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Your the best... Thanks!

Btw Love your new Sig and that Predator is unbelieveible... Look like a labour of love or a habour of love went into that one! lthe facial hair looks incredible too!

figuremasterles said:

Oh well....

please give some more pics of Robo 3 Les. i'm going nuts trying to decide between 3 or an ealier version.

Mookeylama said:
please give some more pics of Robo 3 Les. i'm going nuts trying to decide between 3 or an ealier version.

Here you go, hope this is not too late...

HTRobo005.jpg

HTRobo006.jpg

HTRobo007.jpg

HTRobo008.jpg

HTRobo009.jpg

HTRobo010.jpg

HTRobo011.jpg

I didn't change hands, or dig out the box and add the jetpack or gun arm because I am just not interested in that stuff now. It is VERY well made, and I like having them, but I got this for just plain ROBOCOP, (note the repainted tag on his base, no 3 there...)

Hope this gives you some more ideas of this version.

Only thing is, the photos don't capture the finish at all. He is AMAZINGLY well painted. Beautiful paint job. Every seam painted cleanly too. Perfect. No smears or mess anywhere. Plus, I got one without too much blue on it, so he looks more first movie than these can look. My buddy that got one months ago, his is very blue all over. Mine is about like movie one. The helmet is perfect. Just enough.
These photos actually bring out the blue that is there, more than it looks to the eye.

Also, in the first movie, he actually had purple highlights too, but they were very subtle, but that is not on this figure. The lighting occasionally makes it look like it's there though. Kinda cool.
I really like posing his head....double jointed neck allows for some very Robo poses...

Love this guy!
:rock

thank u very much Les! those really helped. my biggest complaint w/ 3 is that his helmet rides too darn high. shows some nose that it shouldn't, but the pros outweigh the cons. more accessories, a head that kinda looks like Weller (well moreso than robo 1) alowing for helmet off poses (gunshot too! missing on 1 sculpt). i think i'm going w/ 3!!
hey Les, do u think there'd be a way to dremel/thin out the inside of the helmet so that it would set lower on his head? don't wanna ruin it tho.

Mookeylama said:
thank u very much Les! those really helped. my biggest complaint w/ 3 is that his helmet rides too darn high. shows some nose that it shouldn't, but the pros outweigh the cons. more accessories, a head that kinda looks like Weller (well moreso than robo 1) alowing for helmet off poses (gunshot too! missing on 1 sculpt). i think i'm going w/ 3!!
hey Les, do u think there'd be a way to dremel/thin out the inside of the helmet so that it would set lower on his head? don't wanna ruin it tho.

Whew! I would be scared to do that dude! He has the chinguard, which you'd have to cut some off the tops, to allow for a lower helm setting, and they lock onto areas on his back helm area, then the helmet itself locks into place. If you dremel that all up to fit lower, it won't lock down. Might look chewed up inside, and not ever set still or centered. It does snap on. Might think about that.
From straight on, he looks fine to me. Nose doesn't show at all.
Food for thought.

Well, crap, I totally missed this thread!!! That figure looks awesome!!!!!!!! The headsculpt is kinda meh, and that jawline isn't too great, but obviously it's salvagable. I guess he'll become my next conquest. And luckily, he's all over ebay!:devil

Back