Robocop 3 - Is this bad bod hitting yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nevermind. Just checked the tracking. UPS slacked off and it's still in the local sorting center (where it has been since SATURDAY)... Rescheduled for delivery tomorrow. Bastards. :rolleyes:

IrishJedi said:
Nevermind. Just checked the tracking. UPS slacked off and it's still in the local sorting center (where it has been since SATURDAY)... Rescheduled for delivery tomorrow. Bastards. :rolleyes:
GAH!:maul :monkey2

Okay, sorry in advance for the not-so-great pics. I literally just opened this thing up and snapped a few pics (with and w/out flash) VERY quickly. Don't really care about the Flight Pack itself yet, either. Sorry:

hottoys_robocop3_01.jpg

hottoys_robocop3_02.jpg

hottoys_robocop3_03.jpg

hottoys_robocop3_04.jpg

hottoys_robocop3_05.jpg

hottoys_robocop3_06.jpg

hottoys_robocop3_07.jpg

Enjoy. Gotta run... it's play & pose time! :rock

looks great! it seems as some others have stated, that his helmet does ride a lil higher than it should. sets taller than the 1st HT version. must be the newer headsculpt and electronic details that were added. wonder if i can smush miine down farther lol. don't imagine the head is soft vinyl?

Man that face sculpt looks nothing like Peter Weller (or Robert Burke who played him in Robo 3). I can't wait to see Les do a repaint of it. Weller will always be Robo in my book.

IrishJedi said:
Awesome, can't wait to see what else you come up with.

I'm going to have to live vicariously through you guys for a bit. A decent price on a Hot Toys Batman Begins just came my way and bumped Murphy a bit further down on the acquisition list. Oh well, Hot Toys for Hot Toys seems to be a fair trade-off.

Hmmm... that headsulpt is a real trade-off. On the one hand its really cool they added all the detail for the remove, but it looks nothing like either actor.

Glad I've got the original, I think it looks a enough like Weller to not be distracting. And I don't have to have a box that says Robocop 3 :monkey3

There's a Hero Head Weller sculpt. Saw one on ebay. Looks much closer to Weller and would probably be a good substitute with a good Les repaint. I might just go that route instead of splurging for the Robo 3 figure since I already have Robo 1.

Thats not a bad sculpt Dave, I just wonder what happened with this one? It looks like a lot of the issue is in the funky jaw?

The problem with the Hot Toys sculpt is that the cheeks look bloated and he looks like he's got half a can of Skoal tucked under his lower lip. Also the eyes look painted horribly. Yes folks, one of the few times I bag on my beloved Hot Toys.

I actually think this version's headsculpt has been given a "Ripley" paintjob... If you can look past the awesomely bad paint on the face you'll see an acturate Weller sculpt. Let's see what Les comes up with... He has after all given the best repaint of Ripley out there, thus far... IMO.

I should have this by Monday at the latest! Goodie!

Thanks Grangewallis. I do love good old Ripley! Maybe that is all there is to it. I just love the character.

As for my Robo 3...ONE MORE DAY! My damn shipping says "delivery rescheduled!" ARRRGHGHHH! :banghead It was due today.
I think some guys in Atlanta are playing with it! Anyway, it should be here tomorrow.

Pics to follow. Of course. And a repaint is inevitable.

figuremasterles said:
As for my Robo 3...ONE MORE DAY! My damn shipping says "delivery rescheduled!" ARRRGHGHHH! :banghead It was due today. I think some guys in Atlanta are playing with it!

It wasn't me, I promise! :monkey3

grangewallis said:
I actually think this version's headsculpt has been given a "Ripley" paintjob... If you can look past the awesomely bad paint on the face you'll see an acturate Weller sculpt. Let's see what Les comes up with... He has after all given the best repaint of Ripley out there, thus far... IMO.

I should have this by Monday at the latest! Goodie!

agreed. for the HT sculpt i can see Weller from quite a few angles but it looks almost caricatured. cartoonish. but i can see Weller a bit. that HH sculpt the Dave posted a link to looks more realistic, but i do think this Robo 3 Weller looks better than the generic sculpt on the Robo 1.

I should have this Bad-Boy either today of Monday at the latest apparently! Can wait...

I'll give him some hang time with SSC T-800 & T-1000 with a Predator looking over his Cyborg shoulder!

I already need new shelves... Damn expanding collection!

Alright Grangewallis, HE SHOWED!:chew

Here's mine with a quickly repainted face. Not too much off from Peter Weller....but not dead on either. Close.

HTRobo002.jpg

HTRobo001.jpg

HTRobo003.jpg

Glad to have him at all though. :D

Looks good Les but something about the sculpt still bugs me. Would love to see a mod with the facial skin lifted over where it is fastened at the helmet.

Yeah, there is a lot that bugs me about it. The head is overall too big, too tall, and too smooth, as Weller's face has all kinds of small details to it, but again, I'll take it over nothing.
If modified, it would have to accomodate the helmet segments though. A tougher than normal adaptation job. If you change the chin, you lose that part fitting just right. Tough job.
It does look better in normal lighting, with more realistic shadows.

When Hot Toys made this figure, if only the body was a bit larger overall. He was huge. That would make the head look smaller to the body and make him look much better. He had a smaller head than this. in a way, scalewise, it looks better helmet off, as that reduces things some.

Still...a very cool machined figure. I still recommend it to anyone.

Back