Robocop 1/6 Hot toys vs Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sup3rman

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but i can't go through 100+ pages of threads

I want to buy a robocop 1/6 figure.. i am really confused whether i should get the sideshow one or the hot toys one!! i need some advice from the fine people on this forum!

I like the sideshow one a lil better because of the base he is standing on

need your opinions guys!

thanks

Well one is a 1/4 scaled Premium Format (Sideshow) and the other a 1/6 scaled figure (Hot Toys) IMO the Hot Toys piece is more accurate but the Sideshow piece is larger with cooler stand.

I own both pieces and can tell you that the Sideshow piece lacks accuracy. Its damn nice but the shape of the helmet is funny looking while looking at it dead on. The Hot Toys helmet looks perfect but the mouth area lacks whereas the Sideshow mouth looks perfect.

Its hard to say for sure which one is better but it really depends on how much you want to spend and what scale you want. Oh and btw the Sideshow PF's stand is amazing! Its the best part.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but i can't go through 100+ pages of threads

I want to buy a robocop 1/6 figure.. i am really confused whether i should get the sideshow one or the hot toys one!! i need some advice from the fine people on this forum!

need your opinions guys!

thanks

Though i am not completely sure yet..i might be selling my Hot Toys RoboCop 2 with Gun arm and since you are local i could probally make this happend(if you are interested)..i am still on the fence though..its a nice figure and hard to part with.

Last edited:
The Sideshow Robocop and the Hot Tots Robocop are two different things entirely. One is basically a statue the other an articulated figure.

Either way, you should go with the Hot Toys version. The Sideshow isn't up to snuff, imo. I may be a bit biased because I own all three Robocop figures Hot Toys has put out. Oddly, I don't own the Ed-209.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but i can't go through 100+ pages of threads

need your opinions guys!

thanks

I'd get the sideshow one that's just me.

They're both great pieces but for different reasons.

The sideshow Premium Format is an awesome display piece that people will notice, it's not 100% accurate but the quality and wow factor is there.

The hot toys is more accurate, but it's only a 12" high figure.

You'll pay about the same price for each.

=TheTerminator;1724594]whereas the Sideshow mouth looks perfect.

It looks FAAAAR from perfect. I think the Sideshow PF is horrible. Go with HT or NECA.

It looks FAAAAR from perfect. I think the Sideshow PF is horrible. Go with HT or NECA.

Have you ever heard of the term "opinion"? IMO the NECA one although nice does not look the most accurate to the movie either. I've seen all 3 versions in person and the Sideshow mouth area again IMO is near perfect.

:D

If going for 1/6... I'd say the HT is the one you want as its the only high-end 1/6 version.

The Sideshow piece looks good, but (at least in photos) it looks too silver, you don't get the blues that you saw on screen... but HT was able to get that look on their figure.

If going for 1/6... I'd say the HT is the one you want as its the only high-end 1/6 version.

The Sideshow piece looks good, but (at least in photos) it looks too silver, you don't get the blues that you saw on screen... but HT was able to get that look on their figure.

Actually dude it wasn't until part 2 that he had a more definative blue/purple tint. He was for the most part mostly silver in part 1. I think Sideshow from the neck down nailed this piece quite well.

Yes he had the blue/purple tint in part one but it was very subtle. The Sideshow piece does have traces of blue but it is very little.

Have you ever heard of the term "opinion"? IMO the NECA one although nice does not look the most accurate to the movie either. I've seen all 3 versions in person and the Sideshow mouth area again IMO is near perfect.

:D

Yes and i uttered my opinion got a problem with that tool?

Tool? :lol You carry WAY too much emotion in your posts. By the way calling someone a "Tool" is an insult and is not allowed on this site. ;)

Accusing someone of having some mysterious atheist agenda for no reason is an insult aswell:D.

I never accused you of having an islamic agenda did i?

Last edited:
Accusing someone of having some mysterious atheist agenda for no reason is an insult aswell:D.

I never accused you of having an islam-based agenda did i?

You assume too much. And no what I said (in a completely different thread mind you) was not an insult. It wasn't even an assumption either. You are just too insistant on your views, in your world everything is fact because you read it in some book.

Now leave me alone already. :rolleyes:

Actually dude it wasn't until part 2 that he had a more definative blue/purple tint. He was for the most part mostly silver in part 1. I think Sideshow from the neck down nailed this piece quite well.

Yes he had the blue/purple tint in part one but it was very subtle. The Sideshow piece does have traces of blue but it is very little.

With HT you have a choice. There are three versions of the figure. The paint job on the first version and the latter two are different, each reflecting either the hint of purple and blue tones or the almost plain silver.

=TheTerminator;1725602]You assume too much. And no what I said (in a completely different thread mind you) was not an insult.

It was

You are just too insistant on your views, in your world everything is fact because you read it in some book.

Were you looking in a mirror when you typed this?:lol

Now leave me alone already. :rolleyes:

True i think it's best to avoid eachother on this forum from now on:lol.

END!

I never accused you of having an islamic agenda did i?

Dumb ass quote of the day goes to this guy

Back on topic...Get the Horizon Robocop vinyl kit - Best representation of Weller Robocop PERIOD. Only problem is you have to build and paint it yourself!

I might part with my HT robocop2 with gun arm if the price is right.. Its never been opened out of the box. The box has a little damage to the outter sleeve but the figure is mint.. PM me

Back