Robin Williams RIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad that his life came to an end the way it did. :monkey2

I enjoyed his work. My favorite has to be Mrs. Doubtfire.

Thank you for all the great memories, and may he now rest in peace. :pray:

I wonder if he was on any pills. (They do got that suicide warning in fine print in the pamphlets)

RIP

Re: Robin Williams Dead.

Rest in peace... Such a tragedy and my heart goes out to his family. Jus terrible.

It was my first stand-up appearance on Letterman and I had to follow the funniest man in the world. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

I was a punk kid from rural Ontario and I was in my dressing room, terrified. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

I was on the phone to a friend back home when the funniest man in the world ambled by. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

There was no one else on the floor. In shock, I told my friend who just walked by. Only the funniest man in the world. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

I guess he heard me say his name, cause in an instant he was at my side. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

He was a jewish tailor, taking my measurements. He went down on his knees, asked which way I dressed. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

I told my friend on the phone that the funniest man in the world was on his knees before me, measuring my inseam. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

My friend didn't believe me so I said, "Could you talk to my friend, sir. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

The funniest man in the world took the phone and for ten minutes took my friend's chinese food order. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

I laughed and laughed and it was like I was in a dream because no one else was there. No one. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

The place was out of Moo Shoo Pork, and there was nothing he could do about it. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

He angrily hung up on my friend and I was about to thank him when he said I hadn't even tried the jacket on. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

Then the funniest man on earth dressed me, a complete stranger, and i remember he ended with a windsor knot. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

He spoke mostly yiddish, but when he finished he was happy with his job and turned me to a mirror to present myself to me.#RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

No one witnessed any of this. No one. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

The funniest man alive was in my dressing room a good half-hour and was far funnier than the set I had to do soon.#RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

ll of a sudden it was, had to. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

When he left my dressing room, I felt alone. As alone as I ever remember feeling. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

Until today. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

Unacceptable. #RIPRobinWilliams— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) August 12, 2014

I don't usually post in these types of threads and this one in particular hits a little close to home, but I just wanted to say RIP Mr Williams.
My dad was a huge fan of Mork and would make us watch it all the time..

Depression / mental illness does not discriminate. Rich / poor / famous or not, it can strike anyone.
People suffering from it spend every day struggling, every day just trying to get through, it really is debilitating and I sincerely hope that his family and kids can get through this.
Dealing with something like this is devastating enough but having to do it so publicly must be truly horrific.

People are awful. Robin's daughter was being harassed on Twitter and had to quit.

People really are disgusting sometimes.
I have no idea what was said but harassment to any extent must be terrible.

I love many of RW's film and he made Disney's Aladdin, one of my fave disney films.
x :peace

Last edited:
Twitter, youtube and so on - full of absolute scum if the comments are anything to go by.

Seems you have to go to niche places like this to be in normal decent company (for the most part)

People are awful. Robin's daughter was being harassed on Twitter and had to quit.

I was wondering which comedian or which celebrity was going to be the first one to make a rude, gross comment.

and it didn't take long, it was Rush Limbaugh who said some nasty things about him, he recently suggested that Robin Williams's "leftist" views" led the comedian to kill himself....:slap

I was wondering which comedian or which celebrity was going to be the first one to make a rude, gross comment.

and it didn't take long, it was Rush Limbaugh who said some nasty things about him, he recently suggested that Robin Williams's "leftist" views" led the comedian to kill himself....:slap

It wasn't Rush who drove Zelda off Twitter it was a few subscribers who tried to send doctored picts of Robins dead body.
Neither political side has a monopoly on stupid quotes when tragedy rears it's head in the news.

Would've liked to have seen this interview:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 126
Yeah, I knew that Williams and Reeve had been buds.

Man, what a shame. I read up on how they found him and the whole suicide by pants belt just really sucks all around. The guy had such a legacy and now his death will overshadow that. I can't imagine taking my belt, wrapping it around my neck and going through that kind of suffering.

I thought this was a nice little tribute of his work and legacy,

15608746-mmmain.jpg

Back