Robin Williams RIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought he was a pretty darn good comedian. He almost always cracked me up during his routines.

I saw one of his performances doing stand up on tape, I think in Hawaii, and I found him totally unfunny. He was all sweaty, dripping pools of it, acting all manic and I didn't laugh once.His jokes sounded like they were for 10 year old boys in school bathrooms. I couldn't believe anyone found that funny. However, he could deliver lines in movies that were funny and be very funny. He was a PHENOMENAL dramatic actor. His comedy could in no way compare to his drama, and yet people act like he was mostly a comedian. I totally disagree.

His drama was easily on par with about any other dramatic actor you could mention. He was different, but just as great. De Niro, Hopkins, whoever, I think he was just as good. He had profound depth and range.

he is known as a comedian because thats what he did the most. is that simple really.

it is what he loved to do the mmost

well, Robin Williams' wife says he was in early stages of Parkinson's disease:

"Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child - Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid.

Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.

Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.

It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid."

"Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child - Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid.

Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.

Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.

It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid."
Yeah, I just found that out, today. I could see how that, combined with depression, would make suicide look pretty appealing.

Parkinson's? Man. That could have been the tipping point. Then again, we've had Michael J Fox around long enough to show us it's not the end of the story.

But Fox didn't have a history of severe depression and substance abuse. I also read that he'd had his aortic valve replaced in 2009. Health going to hell on top of all that is a much heavier weight.

And I don't find anything wrong with this at all.......

"Genie......You're Free"

BuzKgOoIcAAHYNa.jpg

I can get behind that sympathy. When someone has suffered to the extent that death appears to be the best option, I absolutely hope that it brings them relief, and not just the horror of having ended their life. There's a sub-human kind of cruelty in hoping for the opposite.

But Fox didn't have a history of severe depression and substance abuse. I also read that he'd had his aortic valve replaced in 2009. Health going to hell on top of all that is a much heavier weight.

I wouldn't want to compare personal pain. The only thing that really matters here is to stock up on positive thoughts, outlooks and contacts while you can because you never know when you'll need it in survival mode. We'll never know exactly what tipped the scales in that moment or what the perfect counterbalance would have been.

Wish someone had accidently walked in on him or something while it was happening. Where's a burglar when you really need one! :cuss

I wouldn't want to compare personal pain. The only thing that really matters here is to stock up on positive thoughts, outlooks and contacts while you can because you never know when you'll need it in survival mode.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. I'm not comparing pains, I'm pointing out that depression is exactly the deficit of good thoughts to protect yourself with. He was in no position to handle that kind of news. I don't know if it's what set toppled the house of cards, but I'm sure it didn't help.

of all the celebrity deaths, the passing of robin williams affected me the deepest. i actually felt like crying when i first heard the news, and days later i still am affected by it. he was a major personal hero of mine when i was a kid. it's all the more painful and tragic to consider what a genuinely kind and compassionate human being he was, in addition to bringing joy and laughter to millions through his comedy. RIP mr williams. i will miss you greatly. :(

Back