Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE KING HULK PF PG 75

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOMISED SIDESHOW ABOMINATION PF

Lovely massive piece. Congrats Andy :yess:

Thanks Matt :hi5:

Wow awesome! I'm looking for the mag head jim lee style. I had fb the guy but have not heard back yet? Love the old man head! Which is your least favorite of all the coh's? Including the stock xm mag head. The sosa masked mags head is still in the works right? Any update painted pics of it?

Hey CBG, that would be Kev DarkSpidey that you messaged right? Yea, hes a great guy and will get back to you for sure buddy :)

What is my least favourite portrait? That's really easy to answer ;) For me personally, i didn't like the original XM heads at all :( now whether this has something to do with receiving the custom Sosa unmasked head before the actual statue (in which case i had time to appreciate the quality of the sculpt and paints) but upon receiving the statue, i immediately chose the Sosa head as my first choice of display...then when i changed to the XM portraits i did feel slightly underwhelmed about them...if i was to pick my least favourite then it would have to be the XM masked portrait :(

c2492507476937a05b4a0d966a22ad02.jpg

Hulk's a great addition! Congrats!

Hey Alex, thanks for the kind words buddy :) He is awesome for sure :hi5:

Last edited:
Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOMISED SIDESHOW ABOMINATION PF

Another weekly update and this time it's a piece that i've wanted for quite a while in regards to collecting my favourite old school Sideshow pieces...not to mention one of, if not the biggest Marvel Premium Formats by Sideshow Collectibles. It's the 1/4 scale Abomination Premium Format! :horror

Now when i first saw this piece inhand, i was totally blown away by its size! I mean, i remember my first impressions of when i first got the OG Hulk or the OG Thor PF's and how huge they were in 1/4 scale...but the Abomination has to be one of the biggest 1/4 scale Marvel pieces for sure by Sideshow. The baseis just rediculous and finding somewhere to take pics of it, let alone display it, was an ordeal for sure!

It's the reason of late why i've decided to concentrate on collecting my favourite pieces from Sideshows classic old school period cos statues like this Abomination are just not made in the same way in my opinion, definately not by Sideshow anyway! I mean the pure size of this piece, the weight, the paint apps and the overall presense just blows me away and certainly reminds me how amazing this hobby makes you feel when discovering statues like this one!

So a good friend and fellow collector of mine knew that i've been on the look out for Abomination for quite a while and so i was so grateful that he offered me the chance to buy it for literally a steal, especially taking the secondary market prices into consideration...and not just that, this piece in recent times has become somewhat scarce and extremely difficult to track down :(

Ideally, i had been searching for the Exclusive version of the Abomination PF but paying almost $3-400 more for the what in effect is the Water Hydrant (which is the Exclusive part that he holds in his left hand) was out of the question so my friend only had the regular which i was still over the moon about. With that said, it wasn't going to take me long to think of something for him to hold in his hand :lol In the end i thought of the most simplistic thing i could think of and something that would relate to the base - which was having him holding a chunk of rock which he's ripped out of the ground for example :) I'd still like to customise a Water Hydrant still but on the Exclusive version, the left hand is actually sculpted differently due to the way he's holding the Water Hydrant so trying to get him to hold any object on the regular version wasn't easy as it looks...so for now the rock will have to do :)

Basically, all i did was to sculpt a basic rock shape out of styrofoam (basically the material had to be lightweight if it was to stay in the hand) and as i sculpted the shape, i literally had to take into consideration of how his fingers were positioned so that it would fit in nicely once completed. Once the sculpt had been completed, i had it sent off to get painted and customised. I think something like Tile Adhesive was used to toughen the styrofoam thus making easier to paint over plus maintaining its lightness so that it would just fall out of the hand once in position.

...and here is how it looks now :) Totally in awe of the size still every time i see it!

9094ee50f17195835a452f556d28bd6e.jpg

d990bb75669885dfd7e905d297d9cf18.jpg

a58cd78728d980e6f06e38f7cc3fd275.jpg

b7f59caa146034be9e653d0247dc8cc1.jpg

541d3cc0e336bb3ea414c58ddb748643.jpg

One small negative about the statue if i was to be ultra critical would be Sideshow's decision to have Abomination wear blue swimming trunks :slap I mean WTF?!?! I mean the whole story of Abomination (from what i know) is that he's a military guy that is exposed to the same gamma radiation that was used on Bruce Banner and thus creating The Abomination...is that right? So why would he have tiny blue Speedo's?! :lol :lol Anyway, i even went to the extreme to start experimenting with changing his pants to some military style combats and so far here's a WIP pic...

0510ee1aa77dfb36252b579f12f065d4.jpg

Not too bad but still lots of work :) So that's it for another week...hope you like the pics and thanks as always :wave

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOMISED SIDESHOW ABOMINATION PF PG

Your custom rock looks amazing man! The pants are a great idea too. Congrats on this one. It's always been one of my favorite SS statues (that I've never owned).

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOMISED SIDESHOW ABOMINATION PF PG

YEY,you got him finally buddy:clap.congrats .....it took a long time coming,nice rock BTW:wink1:

Congrats my friend Andy ;)

Looks awesome Andy and massive :)

congrats buddy

Looks really great Andy. Congrats.

Good Stuff..................

As always :)

The rock and new pants look awesome. Very tasteful upgrades. Love it.

Realy great idea with the rock stone! Nice job Andy :clap

Your custom rock looks amazing man! The pants are a great idea too. Congrats on this one. It's always been one of my favorite SS statues (that I've never owned).

Thanks so much for the kind words Alex :) Appreciate that bro! Yea, i'd been scouring eBay for a while and had no luck when it came to this bad boy and then all of a sudden i got one for a great price from a great buddy of mine so the wait paid off in the end :)

YEY,you got him finally buddy:clap.congrats .....it took a long time coming,nice rock BTW:wink1:

Hey Chris, thanks again for all your help on trying to get me one buddy :) almost pulled off the Exclusive but in the end i saved mega bucks with opting for the Regular so thats alway's a good thing lol

Congrats my friend Andy ;)

Thanks my friend Adam :hi5:

Looks awesome Andy and massive :)

congrats buddy

Thanks Matt :) Yes, it' crazy big! Even now i still can't get over the sheer size of him lol and i thought the OG Hulks were big! :thud:

Looks really great Andy. Congrats.

Thanks Yoga :hi5:

Good Stuff..................

As always :)

Thanks Dave for the kind words :)

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW SIDESHOW HULK PF EXCLUSIVE

Wow, love your mods (as always) Andy!
But you say it's huge... could you post something else next to it to show the size?

Hey, awesome Abomination mods! The rock and custom pants make him look greater than he already was. How'd you do the pants?

Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW SIDESHOW HULK PF EXCLUSIVE

Wow, love your mods (as always) Andy!
But you say it's huge... could you post something else next to it to show the size?

Thanks so much Marc for your kind words bro :) Yea, its easily the biggest Marvel Premium Format released by Sideshow...which is the reason i can't get another collectible to display alongside it on the table! :lol :lol but here's a quick comparison pic that i found on Google to show how big Abomination is next to some of the other Sideshow big hitters...the OG Hulk PF and the Thing PF :horror

6db15d1b8f236a9ccdc6fc1a5dc7556b.jpg

Hey, awesome Abomination mods! The rock and custom pants make him look greater than he already was. How'd you do the pants?

Hey buddy, thanks for taking the time to view my thread and for your great comments :hi5: The custom pants are still a work in progress but i literally cut away at a pair of combat shorts that i owned but no longer fit me, and basically created a pair of shorts (which i have to say was more luck than good craftsmanship) :lol and then weathering them was pretty straight forward although i'd like to have another go at the weathering as mine looks to symmetrical in the way i've cut away at the leg seams :( Hopefully i'll be able to revisit this project before the end of the year as i've recently finished modding my Sideshow OG Thor Premium Format and my new Hulk Premium Format also...and exclusive pics can be seen of these on my Instagram page by clicking on the icon below my username :)

Ohhhhh... my.....!!!!!! Tx Andy!!!

thanks for the reply! yeah i actually have an abomination on the way and I want to make pants for him too. Did you have to sew the pants on him or use any velcro?

Ohhhhh... my.....!!!!!! Tx Andy!!!

:lol anytime Marc :) Got the Iron Studios Iron Man MK43 1/4 Scale statue arriving today so i know your excited for that one ;) Will do my best to get some good pics and of course will let you know my thoughts :)

thanks for the reply! yeah i actually have an abomination on the way and I want to make pants for him too. Did you have to sew the pants on him or use any velcro?

That's awesome news bro :hi5: Congrats on what will be an epic addition to your collection :) For the pants, i had to use velcro as its a much easier way of removing them just incase any alterations need to be made - plus i'm useless with a needle and thread :lol I could ask my wife but i'm already in the doghouse with her due to me constantly bringing in more and more boxes of statues! :lol :(

Back