Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* CUSTOM 1/4 P1 PREDATOR NEW PICS!! PG458

DAAMMMNNNN!!! Impressive Pic's on the Predator, Andy, Very Impressive Posts my Friend, WOW!

Thanks so much Al :1-1: very kind words indeed and much appreciated :hi5: still laughing over that Aragorn/Legolas gif :clap :lol :lol

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* NEW PREDATOR vs DUTCH PF PICS!!! PG460

Seriously impressive score on that custom Predator Andy :thud: :thud: this came out great and looking forward to seeing what you have planned for him in regards to a possible dio display. Massive congratz dude

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* NEW PREDATOR vs DUTCH PF PICS!!! PG460

Seriously impressive score on that custom Predator Andy :thud: :thud: this came out great and looking forward to seeing what you have planned for him in regards to a possible dio display. Massive congratz dude

Thanks buddy :1-1: really appreciate that as ever and glad you approve of the final product. In terms of a diorama, I'm certainly gonna look into it. I remember when I purchased my Hot Toys Classic Pred figure last year that I was desperate to get him on a diorama base as I wasn't too keen on the HT's version...so I took the kids to the woods and searched for something that I could relate to the Pred and the movie. I came away with a really nice branch and as soon as I got home I was already busting out some poses with my Pred on this branch :lol totally brings out the best in the figure when you can create an environment around it as opposed to just plonking him on a standard base...well, it does for me anyway :) The base that my new custom Pred comes with already has pretty much everything covered in terms of a diorama with water, branches, foliage, etc...so I may extend it further with a backdrop or something like that.

Confirmation that my Pred has now shipped so the wait begins! :tap

this is a masterpiece at the height of the cinemaquette ,congrats :clap

du7ejete.jpg

will you put in a showcase?

this is a masterpiece at the height of the cinemaquette ,congrats :clap

du7ejete.jpg

will you put in a showcase?

Thanks Samuel :hi5: I may indeed put him in a custom made display case...need to see how big this will be inhand and then possibly add a few more details like foliage, more branches, etc...

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *UPDATE* NEW PREDATOR vs DUTCH PF PICS!!! PG460

WOW!! Just the news I wanted to hear Sideshow :clap :clap thank you thank you!!
yba9e5an.jpg

Thanks buddy :1-1: really appreciate that as ever and glad you approve of the final product. In terms of a diorama, I'm certainly gonna look into it. I remember when I purchased my Hot Toys Classic Pred figure last year that I was desperate to get him on a diorama base as I wasn't too keen on the HT's version...so I took the kids to the woods and searched for something that I could relate to the Pred and the movie. I came away with a really nice branch and as soon as I got home I was already busting out some poses with my Pred on this branch :lol totally brings out the best in the figure when you can create an environment around it as opposed to just plonking him on a standard base...well, it does for me anyway :) The base that my new custom Pred comes with already has pretty much everything covered in terms of a diorama with water, branches, foliage, etc...so I may extend it further with a backdrop or something like that.

Confirmation that my Pred has now shipped so the wait begins! :tap

:goodpost: Totally agree dude as having a dio certainly brings out the best in a figure or statue. I'm sure you will come up with something amazing :rock2 On a different not it would appear that sideshow are throwing new statues at us left right and centre lol and is that their new Optimus Prime statue!!?? :horror

:goodpost: Totally agree dude as having a dio certainly brings out the best in a figure or statue. I'm sure you will come up with something amazing :rock2 On a different not it would appear that sideshow are throwing new statues at us left right and centre lol and is that their new Optimus Prime statue!!?? :horror

That's an understatement :lol I must have PO'd about 5 PF's in the last 2 weeks alone :cuckoo: and don't even get me started on what has yet to appear :thud: such as the Amazing Spidey PF, another Hulk PF, the 1966 1/6 Batmobile, the Saruman PF looks really tasty, the Iron Man MK42 Maquette, and the new Doom PF...to mention a few :lol the other main one is the one you mentioned...the Optimus Prime :rock this is done by the same company that brought us the recent Megatron statue that you would have seen at last years Comic Con...Prime 1. So a number of us were relieved to hear the news that Sideshow will also be selling the Prime statue :woo although when it will be officially out for release is another story as those still waiting for Megatron in the US and Europe are experiencing heavy delays :( still, gives us all time to save up for what looks like an epic piece.

So, have you not been converted to 1/4 scale yet? :lol :lol

That's an understatement :lol I must have PO'd about 5 PF's in the last 2 weeks alone :cuckoo: and don't even get me started on what has yet to appear :thud: such as the Amazing Spidey PF, another Hulk PF, the 1966 1/6 Batmobile, the Saruman PF looks really tasty, the Iron Man MK42 Maquette, and the new Doom PF...to mention a few :lol the other main one is the one you mentioned...the Optimus Prime :rock this is done by the same company that brought us the recent Megatron statue that you would have seen at last years Comic Con...Prime 1. So a number of us were relieved to hear the news that Sideshow will also be selling the Prime statue :woo although when it will be officially out for release is another story as those still waiting for Megatron in the US and Europe are experiencing heavy delays :( still, gives us all time to save up for what looks like an epic piece.

and don't forget this on the Horizon

Jean Grey is likely...BUT I want a Mark Brooks Phoenix and Dark Phoenix.

This was the Mark Brooks FB post then reposted by Bullseye on statueforum!!! Now putting on here as it would be a gorgeous looking PF if made!!!

that said I have a Good Feeling this just might be made

and don't forget this on the Horizon

Jean Grey is likely...BUT I want a Mark Brooks Phoenix and Dark Phoenix.

This was the Mark Brooks FB post then reposted by Bullseye on statueforum!!! Now putting on here as it would be a gorgeous looking PF if made!!!

that said I have a Good Feeling this just might be made

WOW :horror I've never seen this before Al...thanks for sharing buddy. I know how much your gonna love this one if it becomes official :exactly: loving the flame/phoenix base :rock

WOW :horror I've never seen this before Al...thanks for sharing buddy. I know how much your gonna love this one if it becomes official :exactly: loving the flame/phoenix base :rock

I just hope we will see her at SDCC14 and you see my point, if they incorporate a light up base for the Flames, this is already a instant Buy but if they did that, Cream!

I just hope we will see her at SDCC14 and you see my point, if they incorporate a light up base for the Flames, this is already a instant Buy but if they did that, Cream!

Absolutely! Love me a light up base! :drool still, one of my favourite Phoenix pieces has to be the Bowen ones..

puduqu9u.jpg

ydyra3e7.jpg

Congrats on the custom predator Andy. Have you POed the Megatron Maquette to go with this Optimus?

Hey Sarv, thanks for the kind words my friend :hi5: unfortunately, I'm not a massive movie Megatron fan so I was always going to pass on that one, not taking anything away from the actual piece which looks amazing. Saying that, I've got a G1 Animated Megatron LSF arriving in a few months which I'm really looking forward to. As for the Prime 1 Optimus, it couldn't have come at a better time as I was so close to buying the original Sideshow Maquette version so now I've seen this new one I couldn't be happier and can't wait to pull the trigger once it comes up for PO :yess:

Ha! Thats a lot of pre orders :horror can only imagine what your collection is going to look like once you finally get to display it all. Still trying to convince myself to order my first PF. I have only 2 hot toy figures to my name so I'm literally starting from scratch. At the moment I love sitting back and just gawping at all the incredible collections on this forum and hoping that one day I can achieve something similar. If I was to get a 1:4 scale piece then as a first one it would have to be Iron Man related. Then I'll be only a few behind you Hahahahaha!!! ;)

F'n loving those Pred vs Dutch pics :rock

Just wanted to update my thread with a quick mod I did last weekend. As most of you are probably aware, there has been much uproar about the way Batmans suit sags around the armpits on the Premium Format. There have been a number of options that people have used to try and rectify this issue ranging from clips, glue and the method that do had come up with which was by using some fabric thread. After initially opting for the thread method, I began to think that maybe in time this may not be the ideal choice as the thread may cause unwanted stress on the suit fabric...so after watching the brilliant tutorials from Raffy and Bmutha aswell as good encouragement from fellow freaks, I decided to take the plunge and try the glue method, which by far, had given the best results of eliminating those saggy pits!! :lol

So how did it go and was it easy? I wouldn't say easy...if anything it can be quite tricky especially when ripping the fabric away from the glue at the beginning and then having to stretch the fabric over his torso to enable you to get the glue in...which in itself is very tricky. Then you have the glue which as you pull away, leaves a stringy trail so If your not too careful, the glue could hit areas in which you don't want it to go. For a first attempt I didn't do a bad job, however, I feel like I could have done better given the opportunity to do it again...

I can only be honest but it's certainly not a mod for those who don't have a steady hand or those who don't have patience and just want to rush it. I think potentially a lot can go wrong although the chances of that happening are dependant on how much glue initially used by Sideshow. Which brings me to the trickiest part of the mod by far...the unglueing of the fabric to release it away from the body! I reckon everyone's Bats statue is different and mine was glued down like a mofo!! so much so that I was scared of ripping the fabric and almost giving up there and then... Once you've got as far as removing the fabric away from the top, you can then begin to peel down the suit...at this point it's putting a lot of stress on the fabric and at times you feel like something is gonna rip but stay with it as the fabric has a lot of give in it!

Applying the glue was fairly straight forward. Like others, I also used a syringe to perform this part of the mod as you get much better control of application as opposed to using the actual bottle of FabriTac glue. I have to agree with the majority of those who have already achieved this mod that the glue takes no time at all to set! It dries pretty fast so once you've left it for abt 5 mins then your pretty screwed if you wanna go back and change something. I found this out when I decided that I could have done one side a bit better but by then it was too late and there was no way I was gonna be ripping the fabric away from the top of the statue again! I remember seeing Bmutha attempt this on his Bats after applying his FabriTac and it proved to be even more difficult to remove than it was compared to the glue Sideshow had used...so in the end I was pretty happy with the results overall but as mentioned, I could have done a bit better given another go.

Okay, so here are some pics of the results of my attempted Bats PF armpit fix....thanks for looking :wave

5asyzeby.jpg

aju7ehyh.jpg

uba5amyp.jpg

Back