Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *MY NEW CUSTOM IRON MAN MKVI 1:1 LIFESIZE BUST*

Hey, man -- are those glass, not acrylic? Aren't they heavy? I plan to make one like that for the 1:1 1989 Batman Cowl Replica I ordered. Would have wanted acrylic instead but it's too pricey.

Epic display btw, my friend!

Thanks Michael :clap Yes, these cases are indeed glass. The supplier I use offers some ludicrously cheap prices for these cases so I changed from acrylic to glass displays instantly! Yes, you are right...they are extremely heavy! :exactly: Lucky for me i'm a big guy :lol so i'm used to lugging around heavy stuff - just ask Ski! :lecture:wink1:

My acrylic cases were good but not particularly solid, especially when some of my display cases were extremely large! Also the price for acrylic materials have increased considerably so I was eventually going to be priced out of making my own cases anyway.

I think the glass gives for a better museum-style display anyway, plus they are easier to clean! :lol

esahe8a6.jpg

2anehaty.jpg

equ8uge9.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *MY NEW CUSTOM IRON MAN MKVI 1:1 LIFESIZE BUST*

Man, do you ever stop?? LOL

Congrats, you're on a roll! :rock

So when are you hiring me to do a repaint for you? :lol

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *MY NEW CUSTOM IRON MAN MKVI 1:1 LIFESIZE BUST*

Thanks Michael :clap Yes, these cases are indeed glass. The supplier I use offers some ludicrously cheap prices for these cases so I changed from acrylic to glass displays instantly! Yes, you are right...they are extremely heavy! :exactly: Lucky for me i'm a big guy :lol so i'm used to lugging around heavy stuff - just ask Ski! :lecture:wink1:

My acrylic cases were good but not particularly solid, especially when some of my display cases were extremely large! Also the price for acrylic materials have increased considerably so I was eventually going to be priced out of making my own cases anyway.

I think the glass gives for a better museum-style display anyway, plus they are easier to clean! :lol

esahe8a6.jpg

Thanks, man! Yeah, I just heard back from an acrylic case supplier, and a glass aquarium fabricator who can custom-make glass cases for collectibles, both of whom I contacted for estimates. Glass is charging as low as 15% of what Acrylic cases would cost for my 1989 Batmobile, Tumbler and Bat-pod combo, and my POd 1989 cowl replica! Acrylic supplier told me it's pricey coz the dimensions are so big they can't use anything thinner than 5mm or some parts would sag.

Your photos are convincing -- I'll go glass then! Thanks buddy! :wave

That IM piece is great Roberto! Totally blows away Sideshows attempt

Very nicely done. Has a museum look.

That came out fantastic! Congrats! :clap

How many customs do you going on at the same time? :lol

Thanks, man! Yeah, I just heard back from an acrylic case supplier, and a glass aquarium fabricator who can custom-make glass cases for collectibles, both of whom I contacted for estimates. Glass is charging as low as 15% of what Acrylic cases would cost for my 1989 Batmobile, Tumbler and Bat-pod combo, and my POd 1989 cowl replica! Acrylic supplier told me it's pricey coz the dimensions are so big they can't use anything thinner than 5mm or some parts would sag.

Your photos are convincing -- I'll go glass then! Thanks buddy! :wave

Its been like that for just over a 6 months Michael here in the UK. Building small acrylic cases for 1/6 scale figures is fine but when your building for 1/2 and 1/1 scales then it all gets a bit pricey.

Glad you like the glass cases my friend, they really are impressive and the pics really don't do it justice. Just make sure you start working out those arms cos the weight will be heavy! I'm currently having a glass case built for one of my LSF's. However, rather than build a lift off top I have designed it so it has a sliding door, which will make life much easier!

You know I think my head would explode if I walked into you home and saw your collection. Beyond impressive. Really love your 1:1 scales and customs. and thank you for your kind words, it's collectors like you that inspire me to want to keep collecting.:hi5:

Looks good, bud. You truly are an Iron Man Freak!

Congrats bro, I really like that custom bust. Looks great.

Thanks so much Mambs :clap really appreciate the kind comments as ever

Congratulations again my friend, awesome as usual

Thanks Carmelo...P.S send me a PM regarding the name plates :clap

Great stuff man! Yeah, it's a shame that SSC's first IM movie 1:1 busts don't have the reactor. To me it's like making a 1:1 forearm+fist of Wolverine without his claws.

I wish I could visit your home so I could drool over your collection, buddy!

Hey Michael, yea...it is a shame...hence why all us Iron Man fans are eagerly anticipating the release of the MKVII 1/1 bust in January! :exactly:

Next time your in London my friend you can visit anytime!! :1-1:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *MY NEW CUSTOM IRON MAN MKVI 1:1 LIFESIZE BUST PG3

Like many have said, this bust outshines Sideshow's Mark III. And my favorite armour, too! Love the gloss on the faceplate.

Congrats, Andy, but I hope they stop at Iron Man 3 - otherwise I can picture IM busts even in your bathroom. :p

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *MY NEW CUSTOM IRON MAN MKVI 1:1 LIFESIZE BUST PG3

Another awesome piece for your collection..wish i had your job man! Cngrats again!

Damn Andy. Just one after another. This thread is just constantly banging with gorgeous new statues and busts. Beautiful custom bust you have there. Congrats! Looking forward to the in hand pics :hi5:

Man, do you ever stop?? LOL

Congrats, you're on a roll! :rock

So when are you hiring me to do a repaint for you? :lol

Hey Kev, thanks pal...can't stop dude :panic: tried going cold turkey for a few days but I was soon back on the habit and ordering a new piece a day later! Must have something to do with my new fragrance called Addiction by Calvin Klein :lol

That IM piece is great Roberto! Totally blows away Sideshows attempt

Thanks pal :clap really appreciate that

Very cool! How big is your house man?!

Thanks Eam...well it's about time you get a cab from Southampton and see for yourself! :lol you got a cup of cha with your name written all of it waiting for you! :lol

Very nicely done. Has a museum look.

Thanks so much bro...that's great to hear as that's the kinda display I'm trying to achieve :hi5:

That came out fantastic! Congrats!

How many customs do you going on at the same time? :lol

Thanks Eric...got a few more customs arriving in the next few weeks, one which I'm particularly excited abt and I've also been approached by a very talented sculptor on Facebook who saw my Iron Man collection and has proposed a possible project in commissioning a new Iron Man armour in 1/2 scale which hasn't been released by anyone so this has left me really excited...:panic:

Looks nice.

Thanks BR

Last edited:

And some more pics if the completed MKVI 1:1 Bust

se5u2amu.jpg

e3a6eza6.jpg

y9uta2a4.jpg

nu5a5yru.jpg

And a pic comparison next to the Sideshow MKIII 1:1 bust...

e4ybujed.jpg

Love that custom Mark6 Rob :thud: was laughing at the comment above abt having Iron Man stuff displayed in your bathroom haaaahaaa! classic! But so true!!!!

I actually received my two glass display cases for my MKII and MKIII busts!! :rock Here are a few quick snaps

myvesyha.jpg

3eqajusy.jpg

Man you have got the art of displaying a collectible down to a tee. Simply beautiful displays :clap

Back