Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW CUSTOM GLASS DISPLAY CASES FOR ALL SCALES*

That's what i call professional cases, but you will need lights on top, to give those statues more life.
i was searching for some plinths, but nothing out of the ordinary. hope someone can come up with a good design.
grats bro!

Thanks Wei :hi5: Yea, already suggested that these cases will need a light source from the top so i've suggested adding a second base with LED's for the top like it is for the bottom base...dont think it should be a problem :dunno

Yea, plinths will just add the finishing touches to these cases although having the space to display it plus having children running around them are certainly factors i will have to keep in mind! :slap :lol

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW CUSTOM GLASS DISPLAY CASES FOR ALL SCALES*

Beautiful cases Andy, love the craftsmanship.

Regarding the lights, whilst the LEDs along the bottom make the case look nice, I'm personally not a fan of lighting from the bottom when it comes to lighting up figures, as I find it makes them look like sh-t (their faces in particular). They need to be lit up from the top. I guess you're going to be including lighting from above as well though,so you'll have the option of both :) and since these are for your busts, maybe the busts look good with lights along the bottom.

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW CUSTOM GLASS DISPLAY CASES FOR ALL SCALES*

Beautiful cases Andy, love the craftsmanship.

Regarding the lights, whilst the LEDs along the bottom make the case look nice, I'm personally not a fan of lighting from the bottom when it comes to lighting up figures, as I find it makes them look like sh-t (their faces in particular). They need to be lit up from the top. I guess you're going to be including lighting from above as well though,so you'll have the option of both :) and since these are for your busts, maybe the busts look good with lights along the bottom.

Hi Nuri, thanks my friend :clap Completely agree in regards to having the light source from above. As mentioned earlier, I have suggested to the supplier that he builds 2 bases with built in LED's, which will basically fit in the top and bottom of the case...

I have displayed 1:1 busts before in cases with just a light source from the bottom...its not too bad to be honest but like you said, you will definitely need lighting from above especially for PF's and Maquettes :exactly:

Here are a few pics of how I used to display my MKIII, not a major difference...

Here is with lighting from below only...
ubezudu8.jpg

And with lighting on both top and bottom

3y2aqemy.jpg

Bare in mind though that these lights weren't the strongest light source...I'd imagine some Dioder lights from IKEA would be a heck of a lot brighter!!!

Last edited:

Love the new display cases Rob :clap gonna looks sweet once you have your statues inside!!

By the way, just showed my friend those pics of your IM MKII LSF and his jaw literally hit the flaw! That is one of the best Collectibles I've ever seen! Kudos to you my man on a fantastic collection!! :clap:clap::bow

so the smartypants cases have arrived eh:lol
looking good mate.yeah I was thinking about top lighting,but as you know what hasn't had anymore release/shipping info,i'm hanging on,then i'll see.
i'm sure james wont have any probs sorting above lights on your next order.not the lightest of cases these are they.:lol

OMG you never stop :D

Awesome bro.

Love the new display cases Rob :clap gonna looks sweet once you have your statues inside!!

By the way, just showed my friend those pics of your IM MKII LSF and his jaw literally hit the flaw! That is one of the best Collectibles I've ever seen! Kudos to you my man on a fantastic collection!! :clap

Thanks for the comments Tone, was gonna try and experiment with the cases this evening but have been roped into going to the cinema with the better half :(

Glad you and your friends like the MKII :rock it is amazing!

so the smartypants cases have arrived eh:lol
looking good mate.yeah I was thinking about top lighting,but as you know what hasn't had anymore release/shipping info,i'm hanging on,then i'll see.
i'm sure james wont have any probs sorting above lights on your next order.not the lightest of cases these are they.:lol

Hey Chris, James is actually a really sound guy! Wasn't at all how I expected him to look :) he's actually just emailed me and said the LEDs in the top shouldn't be a problem so that's good news for the next few orders!

OMG you never stop :D

Awesome bro.

That's what she said! :lol
Thanks Carmelo :)

Awesome cases pal! With the top LEDs they will look great!

So you sold all your acrylic cases? Would that include the T2 on harley case?

Mate could you help me out and maybe point me in the direction of some plinths? I want a stand alone display for my 1:4 Batman, I was thinking of using the master studios lighthouse case on top of a plinth! I had a quick look onikea but couldn't find any plinths. So now i'm stuck. haha :lol

roll on 29th im so excited mate hehe

Very awesome display my friend ;)

Mate could you help me out and maybe point me in the direction of some plinths? I want a stand alone display for my 1:4 Batman, I was thinking of using the master studios lighthouse case on top of a plinth! I had a quick look onikea but couldn't find any plinths. So now i'm stuck. haha :lol

Best bet is to get one made. That way its the exact dimensions you need. That's what I'm doing as I have the same idea as you, except I won't be using the master lighthouse case as its too small for 1/4 figures, so I'll be getting a custom one made, but a simple plinth shouldn't cost you much as its essentially just a tall box (unless you want something really fancy out of timber).

Okay...the Moderators and Admin are aware of L.W. Studios, their products and this thread.

Roberto has chatted with Admin regarding his collection.

So let's stop all the talk about recasts.

Don't make me turn this thread around and we go home without ice cream. :mad:

Last edited:

Hey Platty, thanks my friend...have I sold my T2 on Harley display case??? Absolutely not! :lol there was an uproar over on OSB/Facebook when I said I was selling my cases and everyone mentioned the T2 display and said that I should never ever sell it! So it looks like it will be my only acrylic display case that's stays, ironically it was the first one I made

uterabun.jpg

Okay, let me look into the plinths for you and I'll get back to you via PM. Alternatively, you can get in touch with Nuri (xplOsive) as he too is building his own cases and has some great ideas which I'm sure you'll find very interesting :hi5:

roll on 29th im so excited mate hehe

Mate, are your referring to the IMAX Thor triple bill movie marathon? Don't worry dude, I'm bringing my pillow and toothbrush so I'll be there :yess:

Very awesome display my friend ;)

Appreciate that Darth, thanks pal:hi5:

Best bet is to get one made. That way its the exact dimensions you need. That's what I'm doing as I have the same idea as you, except I won't be using the master lighthouse case as its too small for 1/4 figures, so I'll be getting a custom one made, but a simple plinth shouldn't cost you much as its essentially just a tall box (unless you want something really fancy out of timber).
Hey Nuri, I'm sure Platty will get in touch with you as your probably looking for something very similar in terms of displays :wink1:

Mate, I'm not surprised there was an uproar! That thing is just incredible. Honestly, I've been collecting a long time now and it's not often things make my jaw drop anymore but that display does. It's just perfect, the lighting and everything. Well if you do ever sell it, it will be going to a crazy T2 fans home in me! :lol

Thanks a lot for the help on the plinths, you too xplosive!

Love the custom cases, they look fantastic! :clap

Mate, I'm not surprised there was an uproar! That thing is just incredible. Honestly, I've been collecting a long time now and it's not often things make my jaw drop anymore but that display does. It's just perfect, the lighting and everything. Well if you do ever sell it, it will be going to a crazy T2 fans home in me! :lol

Thanks a lot for the help on the plinths, you too xplosive!

Hey Platty and Nuri, i have sent you both a PM each with some research into plinth displays :hi5:

Love the custom cases, they look fantastic! :clap

Thanks Jay, will post some pics up shortly of my MKIII Bust displayed inside the case....actually looks pretty neat if i do say so myself :lol Was a bit sceptical about changing over from Acrylic to Glass but i'm loving the finished look! :)

Look forward to those pics. I thought glass cases would be nicer than acrylic because once you've got the glass polish out (like I did on the weekend with the Detolfs) and polished the glass, it makes a much cleaner & clearer display. A bit like a HD display!

Look forward to those pics. I thought glass cases would be nicer than acrylic because once you've got the glass polish out (like I did on the weekend with the Detolfs) and polished the glass, it makes a much cleaner & clearer display. A bit like a HD display!

:lol Your so right! If you can imagine picking up a detolf off the ground then you get a rough idea of how heavy my display case is! Its a beast! Once i got the case over the bust and into position there were finger prints everywhere!!! :horror bit of Autoglym window cleaner and the sheets of glass were clean and crisp!

I have certainly made my decision that once my new family home has been bought that glass display cases are the way to go with my display room! :lecture As mentioned a few posts above i'm also in discussion with my supplier to help build me some plinths to give my statues/busts/figures that museum look that i've always wanted...i used these pictures as a reference...

3ysyhage.jpg

2e4e7uhu.jpg

Back