robbiethepainter's "August 11th Rad BMX bike..." stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: robbiethepainter's 7-3 "Amsterdam" and some paint work

Fantastic job on that Leo head, even though you said on Insta that your not comfortable with painting them.

Re: robbiethepainter's 7-8 "Nightcrawler Camera"

I've been working on getting the lettering solved on these cameras for a while now. I think I have got it figured out, fingers crossed. Some of the smallest lettering is .25mm tall and can still be read. Im actually surprised with what I could accomplish on these. I wasn't really sure if I could do it.
LsjWeLp.jpg

vsqCiBq.jpg

4PDTFMP.jpg

That is sick. Awesome work man. Can't wait to snag this.

I've been working on getting the lettering solved on these cameras for a while now. I think I have got it figured out, fingers crossed. Some of the smallest lettering is .25mm tall and can still be read. Im actually surprised with what I could accomplish on these. I wasn't really sure if I could do it.
LsjWeLp.jpg

vsqCiBq.jpg

4PDTFMP.jpg

Rocco's Sculpt
Rainman's clothing
TrueType Slim
My older glasses and paint
Rocco nailed this one I think.
I wish the subtleties would show. Looks so much better in hand.

vcCzM7u.jpg

Re: robbiethepainter's 7-16 "Bowling Pins & Nightcrawler"

I just don't know how you do it? :dunno

What do you do for a living because this is top notch quality work and leads me to believe you do something similar in the real world to be this good.

I just don't know how you do it? :dunno

What do you do for a living because this is top notch quality work and leads me to believe you do something similar in the real world to be this good.

Well I'm "trained" in technical theatre design and production which has given me opportunities to work on not only tons of models for scenic design (I'm a member of USA Local 829 for scene design) but also have been a props builder professionally for theatre for several years. But I also was trained in studio arts as a sculptor and painter. I've been sculpting on and off since I was a kid. My grandma got me clay when I as five and basically I never stopped. I also live and breath making stuff. There is also a good chance that I'm a high functioning person with Aspergers. Which causes social issues but also makes me crazy driven, sometimes. So to sum up, yes. :)

Here are the finished glasses in the last pic. Added the nose pads which I've never done before. Tricky.
I think I have the process down now so I can move forward in the Nightcrawler sunglasses.
RKAc56z.jpg

IxmWPdi.jpg

0P8u96C.jpg

Back