rismo repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, velvet! very good tip about the ears. I will be more mindful of that on the the next ones I do!

I should also note that Locke's eyes will be a little less saturated in future iterations. :)

haha, thanks guys :)

venom, much of the texture comes from pastels. here is the tutorial that I learned with. I pretty much stick to this, but use slightly different colors and I don't follow his order exactly. good luck with it!!

I saw the AMAZING Obiwan repaint Josh (@Small Studios) did a bit ago and it really pointed out how great the sculpt is (but how bad the paint was). So I took a crack at one last week....probably not as good as Josh's, but I dig it :)

BEFORE:
_MG_3142.jpg

AFTER:
_MG_3147.jpg

_MG_3168.jpg

_MG_3166.jpg

_MG_3165.jpg

_MG_3162.jpg

a force to be reckoned with JJ! Amazing! the only thing I'd maybe recommend is adding a bit more detail to the hair and beard. but it may just be the pics. I wish my Robocop had eyes to paint, because your eyes are awesome.

Hey JJ

Thats one awesome Ben!!! Man you may just be out to steal Smalls crown :rotfl

You are truely a talented guy!!!

did a few more John Locke paint jobs. this is one I kept for myself (I have a couple more blank to do for myself, too--Locke obsessed!)

I stuck him on a G1 body but I'll probably swap it out for a narrow shoulder TT when they come in.

_MG_3180.jpg

_MG_3181.jpg

_MG_3183.jpg

_MG_3186.jpg

_MG_3197.jpg

_MG_3201.jpg

_MG_3174.jpg

thanks for looking!
JJ

thanks, fellas! you are way too kind!

thanks for the tip on obiwan's hair, Neehar! after I get some other heads off my plate I'll go back and add some shading. I kinda rushed it a little :)

and thanks for the encouragement, Aaron, but I don't think I could ever top Small Studios. Josh is the king of eyes!!!

thanks, fellas! you are way too kind!

thanks for the tip on obiwan's hair, Neehar! after I get some other heads off my plate I'll go back and add some shading. I kinda rushed it a little :)

and thanks for the encouragement, Aaron, but I don't think I could ever top Small Studios. Josh is the king of eyes!!!

You both are running away with the crown, certainly Josh is one uber talented guy and a great guy to deal with as are you. Hey he will certainly be looking over his shoulder i am sure :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That Locke is just incredible JJ your painting skills are awesome simply awesome, the most natural looking Locke i have seen yet!!!

nice job on Locke! as for swapping to a TT, that is a good idea, although i REALLY like that the arms on the body right now don't have the ugly elbow joints.

thanks guys! you make a me blush! :)

yeah, neehar, samesies on the elbow joints. I have some of the sovereign skins (they are just airing out--hehehehe), so those might look good on a narrow TT. I think that will bring his shoulders up higher and look better overall.

I saw the AMAZING Obiwan repaint Josh (@Small Studios) did a bit ago and it really pointed out how great the sculpt is (but how bad the paint was). So I took a crack at one last week....probably not as good as Josh's, but I dig it :)

_MG_3162.jpg

Rismo, thanks for the shout out! Your Obi Wan :rock Also your other repaints are looking good. I specially like your Locke. Very well done! :peace

Hey rismo, I have one of these blanks, but I don't know what to use to prime it without loosing all the amazing detail. What you use to prime?
did a few more John Locke paint jobs. this is one I kept for myself (I have a couple more blank to do for myself, too--Locke obsessed!)

wow guys, thanks so much for the kind words!

Hey rismo, I have one of these blanks, but I don't know what to use to prime it without loosing all the amazing detail. What you use to prime?

Hi! I just rinse off the heads with water and dry with paper towels then use an air duster to blow off any specs of anything. Then I start laying on very thin layers of a skin tone wash (a mix of Liquitex soft body acrylic paints). There are some great painting tutorials over at OSW that might be helpful. Good luck with him! :)

Back