rismo repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoa, thanks TGM and Jessica!

Here's my first stab at repainting Sideshow's Indy. I'm not entirely happy with the results. I think I can do a little better. We'll see....

For posterity here are a couple of shots right out of the box...

_MG_2814.jpg

_MG_2816.jpg

And repainted.....

_MG_2865.jpg

_MG_2861.jpg

_MG_2848.jpg

thanks for lookin'!
JJ

looks fantastic JJ! only comment I'd say is that it looks a little... chalky. i don't know how else to describe it. hair could use some definition - may some drybrushing with a lighter shade.

The thing looks AMAZING as is though!

Thanks, Neehar! I think you're right. Probably could use some highlights on the hair and maybe some spotgloss here and there.

I would have to agree with Neehar on the chalky effect. Also Fords eyes are hazel. You may have them down but in the pic you posted they look brown. Other then that looking good.

Thanks, Neehar! I think you're right. Probably could use some highlights on the hair and maybe some spotgloss here and there.

That's what I would say... a bit of gloss to add some shine, especially to the hair. But really great repaint, very realistic looking :rock

Interesting thread. :D

aaaaand how did I miss this thread!?!

PHENOMENAL WORK! Can't wait to see more from you. If HT DX TDK Bats does not happen or is not perfect, I will be buying the Medi and shipping it to you pronto! :D

It's become quite a place for customs has it not? or was it always like this?...

Interesting thread. :D

It's become quite a place for customs has it not? or was it always like this?...

Well I have been around here for about a year and a half now and I have to say the customs just keep getting better and better. I have never known the talent to be so great as it has been of late.

Thanks, fellas! I'm learning :)

I tend to go nuts with the dull coats because I feel that often 1/6 heads look too...well, toyish, if they have any sort of shine anywhere but the eyes. But I'm realizing this is not always the case with hair. Or sweaty brows :)

Also Fords eyes are hazel. You may have them down but in the pic you posted they look brown. Other then that looking good.

Thanks! You are right, I painted them to look brown intentionally. This was just a personal preference. My own eyes are also hazel, but usually photograph brown because there is more brown than green in my iris. And when Harrison Ford is depicted artistically, like on illustrated posters etc, his eyes are usually painted brown, so this was part of my reasoning. On my next Ford I will try out a more realistic hazel. But.....if I suck at it or they just don't feel right I may go brown again :)

rismo said:
On my next Ford I will try out a more realistic hazel. But.....if I suck at it or they just don't feel right I may go brown again :)

:lol:lol:lol That's the spirit!!!

Seriously though, great work rismo.

aw thanks guys. you're awesome! :)

thanks to all the awesome advice here I sat down with this head tonight and realized there really wasn't enough contrast between his hair tone and skin tone and that his hair lacked definition.

here is v2....

_MG_2919.jpg

_MG_2920.jpg

_MG_2921.jpg

unless I unload him on some other poor soul, I think I might turn him into a young Jack Ryan bash or something.

thanks again for all the helpful feedback, fellas!!
JJ

Thanks, fellas! I'm learning :)

I tend to go nuts with the dull coats because I feel that often 1/6 heads look too...well, toyish, if they have any sort of shine anywhere but the eyes. But I'm realizing this is not always the case with hair. Or sweaty brows :)

Thanks! You are right, I painted them to look brown intentionally. This was just a personal preference. My own eyes are also hazel, but usually photograph brown because there is more brown than green in my iris. And when Harrison Ford is depicted artistically, like on illustrated posters etc, his eyes are usually painted brown, so this was part of my reasoning. On my next Ford I will try out a more realistic hazel. But.....if I suck at it or they just don't feel right I may go brown again :)

I agree dull paints are great, my fav. example is the Hot Toys Rambo M65 Jacket one, he looks great the way he is, and if he came out shiny it would have turned out terrible.

thanks! I use testors dullcote, but I go through it faster than my local hobby shops can stock it, so as a back-up I'll use krylon matte acrylic, which is much easier to get. I think this Ford head was all krylon.

what type of dull coating that u used rismo....??its great

Back