Ripley Customising

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is Darren's absolutely beautiful resculpt and paint up of Ellen Ripley. I added the bomber jacket, and had the weapons and the jacket weathered. The last thing I had done was to have he legs extended to make her taller.
IMG_7491.jpg

IMG_7493.jpg

That is a great ripley I have the head sculpt from darren (still unpainted, slacking) and I want to pose her without the jacket in just the t shirt like shes just seen the queen (bricking herself).

I think this sculpt captures that wtf moment perfectly really cool paintjob.

Thanks! And i agree, I think the new Sarah Connor body would look real good on her. I can't stand the elbow joints on her body.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that the old Sideshow body and the newer Sideshow body can be used to create a more accurately-sized Ripley.

1347078488_f1b651740f.jpg
1213589146_68dc1deaba.jpg

Last edited:
Well i was looking at updating the body and bought a sarah connor body to see how it would look, but the colouring is very off compaired to the headsculpt.

The other issue is that the head wont fit onto the new type connectors and im a bit scared to try and fix it myself as ive never done any modifications like that before and dont want to break/damage her...looks like ill just have to use the old body.

The funny thing is that the old Sideshow body and the newer Sideshow body can be used to create a more accurately-sized Ripley.

1347078488_f1b651740f.jpg
1213589146_68dc1deaba.jpg

Did'nt know that good tip, but dos'nt help me with the exposed elbow joints:(

Well i was looking at updating the body and bought a sarah connor body to see how it would look, but the colouring is very off compaired to the headsculpt.

The other issue is that the head wont fit onto the new type connectors and im a bit scared to try and fix it myself as ive never done any modifications like that before and dont want to break/damage her...looks like ill just have to use the old body.

The head connector looks the same as the old connector to me maybe a bit bigger in which case all you would need to do is hollow out the head joint with a dremmel or by hand with a craft knife.

If the body is no good to you I might be interested in it;)

If the body is no good to you I might be interested in it;)

Thinking of doing Pescadero Sarah with it.

Ive got a couple of friends who might be able to fix the fipley head for me, but as i said the difference in skin tone puts me off using that body.

No way to piant the body or is that too much messing about?

Anyway good luck with the custom pescadero post some pics;)

too bad Darren is booked for like about a year and I half (i think, maybe closer to a year though). but the man is great and extremely nice guy! great friend. a worth while wait indeed for those who can wait. I just know he doesn't particularly like taking on new orders at the moment from what he's told me b/c he's so booked right now

OP: If it helps spark an idea (assuming I'm not too late to the party), I painted up my figure a long while ago:

The acrylic "blood" was painted directly to the plastic, with acrylic gloss medium to seal those spots, and also to simulate a sheen of sweat on the forehead. Watery acrylic was applied to the shirt in spots to make it dingy.

I didn't know Hot Toys made a Ripley figure. Does anyone know if she is still available anywhere? I did a quick search on eBay and Google, but could not find anything. Now I'm wishing I got into this hobby a little sooner. When was she released?
Besides the boxed version, the Power Loader set also came with Ripley.

But that's likely to be HELLA more expensive!

Besides the boxed version, the Power Loader set also came with Ripley.

But that's likely to be HELLA more expensive!

The one with the power loader is essentially the same as the standard figure though, it just downt come with the weapons or jump suit jacket.

Theres still some good priced Ripleys out there.

I present franken-ripley

Sorry i dont have work in process pictures as there didnt really seem much point.

I had origionally decided to buy a sarah connor body to use to customise ripley, however the neckpost was slightly bigger on the sarah body compaired to the ripley body.

I tried to puy the ripley body together at the weekend there and low and behold the leg broke, the seller who sold it to me on ebay had stated it was new and mib but it looks like it had been built the let post had snapped and been glued.

So i had to be creative, i took the sarah body and the ripley body took the rubber body off the ripley unscrewed the body post and did the same with the sarah body, exchanged the posts on each body and replaced the rubber body part. Then i took off the sarah shin parts and replaced them with the ripley shin parts (using the knee post in the sarah to replace the broken ripley verison), i had to do this as thats the only way the ripley boots would fit onto the legs, theyve got a different type of foot joint compaired to the newer version body.

Anyway enough yammering, heres a couple of shots of my Ripley on a Sarah body.

119-1.jpg

114.jpg

Looks good on the sarah body think thats the way I'll go on mine.

Are you going to weather the outfit or head?

Back