Ripley Customising

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotham_knight

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just received a Ripley figure and im looking to change a few bits about her to update the figure.

Does anyone have some suggestions as to what would make her better? (other than a new headsculpt)

I thought about changing the body to one of the newer female types but which one?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just gave mine a nice repaint on the eyes and hair. Happy with it now.

HotToysRipleyREPAINTStage22.jpg

HotToysRipleyREPAINTStage2.jpg

That look great and if i was handy with a paint brush i might try it but to be honest id rather not mess up a hot toys figure :/

no-one has any other advice?

Which out of the newer female bodies would suit Ripley? Is there any suggestions as to where i can get a bomber jacket like the one from the movie for her?

Dragon makes a good jacket for her... and a seller in the commerce section has one up now for $20. I think JustinLuck is the one selling it.

I don't see too much reason to do a body swap, but touching up the hair is necessary.

Dragon makes a good jacket for her... and a seller in the commerce section has one up now for $20. I think JustinLuck is the one selling it.

I don't see too much reason to do a body swap, but touching up the hair is necessary.

Thanks ive sent him a PM.

You dont think one of the new female bodies would be better to cover up the elbow joins or the shiney-ness of the old body?

If i want to display her without a jacket you think the sarah connor body would suit better? Is there any other female body options that doesnt have showing joins?

If i want to display her without a jacket you think the sarah connor body would suit better? Is there any other female body options that doesnt have showing joins?

Yep. I just picked up the HT Abigail Whistler body for mine. And even if you're not handy with the paint brush get some acrylic raw umber, water it down until it's inky, and then paint the hair so it's dark brown. Instant improvement. Then seal with a little matte varnish. Use a super fine brush for the eyebrows.

Oh, I got ya... those bodies do look nice, but I honestly hate the loss of articulation. I found it very hard to get natural looking poses out of the Connor figure.

I didn't know Hot Toys made a Ripley figure. Does anyone know if she is still available anywhere? I did a quick search on eBay and Google, but could not find anything. Now I'm wishing I got into this hobby a little sooner. When was she released?

I didn't know Hot Toys made a Ripley figure. Does anyone know if she is still available anywhere? I did a quick search on eBay and Google, but could not find anything. Now I'm wishing I got into this hobby a little sooner. When was she released?

She came out ages ago, there are some sellers on Ebay selling them and theyre not stupidly over priced, i got mine for £117 (roughly $182).

Its a nice figure but the headsculpt does need a little touching up to be more accurate.

I agree with the lot that she isn't a terrible figure just needs some love. Really like the leather jacket look myself and an Indy jacket would work in a pinch. Also if you use a little flat or matte sealer/varnish on her arms it'll get rid of the shininess.

There's one in the 'for sale' section for $150.00.

I just bought one of the Dragon A-2 bomber jackets off of ebay for around $20 shipped. I've been looking for one of those to add to my Ripley for awhile.

Hey thanks everyone! The reason I ask was I was tempted to sculpt the head as a custom figure. I can sculpt, but I don't know where to find her clothing or little accessories. I think I will spring for one if I can't find some loose parts. Thanks again!

There was someone selling a few loose pieces on eBay... but honestly you might be better off buying a complete (not trying to push mine :lol) as the individual pieces can be pricey and its been out for a long while.

Back