RIP Gunnar Hansen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP :(

leatherface.gif

I've never seen the movies, but I've seen documentaries about the series and he seems like a gentlemen. RIP.

Yet we lose another movie icon…sad news indeed.

I was fortunate to meet him at a conventions years ago. A really cool, laid back guy he was.

Rest easy Leatherface.

Yeah sad new... I met him 3-4 years ago at a convention and he was a nice guy. Had a full blown conversation with him on what went on during filming and he also gave me some insight on Texas Chainsaw 3D before the film came out. A really cool guy. Sad indeed.. RIP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I got to work with him on Texas Chainsaw 3D, as I was the stills photographer. He was super cool. A real pleasure to talk with. They rebuilt the whole Sawyer house and I made sure when he arrived on set to take his picture from one of his most iconic scenes. Gunnar.jpg

TCM is my favorite horror movie, without there even being a close second.

Hansen always seemed like an up the middle, normal, but good guy in everything I've ever seen, documentary-wise.

His Leatherface will probably never fully get the respect that is due. The character was amazing, but he was a huge part of that.

Marilyn Burns last year, now Gunnar Hansen. Quite a few cast members from that movie no longer with us, and some of them not really that old. Paul Partain was only 58, Burns was 64, Hansen 68. At least they left something we will remember them by.

Watched the original as a kid and it scared the hell outta me! R.I.P.

Back