RIP Crocodile Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Steve Irwin, the "Crocodile Hunter" from Australia, was killed by a stingray while filming a documentary. I always figured it would be a crocodile that got him, but I was wrong...

:rip

Nope. Never let a croc got the best of him. Cheatin' stingray bastards though, he was out of his element!

RIP mate

Yeah I just now read that on yahoo...Thats to bad to hear. But like you said Batty, at least he died doing something he loved..

Rest in peace Crock Hunter!!!

Heard it on the news. Alwys thought that a croc would eat him but a singray is also a way to go. He did what he loved.

Rest in peace steve.....

I just found out when I was browsing the IMDB birthdays tonight and came across Beyonce Knowles and someone said it in her message board of all places. I thought it was made up. But then I checked msn.com. :(

I am still in shocked. I always enjoyed watching his shows. He has two really young kids with his wife too. :(

I heard about it about an hour ago just before the bell for the end of the day rang. My friend got a txt msg from his older bro.
Pretty schocking yeah, hes just not the sort of person you would think could die if you get what I mean. He did this stuff everyday, it just made you think he was too good at it, invulnerable
And so an Aussie Icon dies.
RIP.

It is pretty amazing how well he did for himself, the fact that you all knew him too from other countires.He definately made something of himself, doing what he loved, which is the most important part

Wow that's really sad... I had no idea until I read this.

Guy was crazy, but he sure made it work for him... too bad he died so young.

He'll be sadly missed by the Australian people - even those who knocked him.

It is weird to think that I shed a tear for this bloke, who I unfortunately did not get to meet (even though Australia Zoo is about an hour away!)

RIP mate - I'll have a beer for you.

Scriff

:duff

Yep only 44 years old, it's a shame, you see so much of him on tv over the years and his obvious joy for his job, it was kinda infectous. He'll definately be missed.

Crikey! This really bites! Or stings, in this case.

I really loved his enteraining way of presenting us with the most dangerous animals on the planet and pretend he's petting kittens.
Poor Tammy too. Stuck somewhere in some jungle and then beeing tracked down and hearing that your husband has died...

RIP Steve. I'll dearly miss your crazy antics :monkey2

I was shocked when i saw the news online. Couldn't believe it at first, thought it was some joke. Always found his shows entertaining.

It is just so sad to see him die just like that. I too always had the impression that if he were to get seriously hurt, it would be from a croc not a sting ray!

A very sad day and loss to the wildlife community. His kids are still so young, what a cruel end so soon. :monkey2 :monkey2

Wow, it's odd, kind of reminds me of the commercial making fun of him where he got bit by a snake and died, except this actually happened.

I guess the only thing to do is drown our sorrows in a good beer.:duff

Very sad to hear about this. I have watched him for years. He may have been a little over the top at times, but I believe it came from a true passion for what he did.

RIP Steve. :monkey2

I thought it was some kind of joke when I read the title of the thread but I'm really sad and shocked that he died so young and so suddenly! I love his shows on Animal Planet! He's so funny and sometimes dangerously over-the-top! I always thought that every single episode of his show was an accident waiting to happen!

Sigh......I guess that's life! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

This is very very sad news indeed. I loved watching his programs and I even watched Colllision Course in the theatre on opening night. Very Very sad...I really appreciated his enthusiasm and love for what he did. RIP Steve Irwin.

Cheers,

Brad

I can't believe it.... He was always very careful...

Steve was a good guy and as it had already been said... his love for what he did was infectuous and entertaining. He was always the most fun person to watch on Animal Planet and he will be missed... not just by Aussies, but the rest of the world.

RIP Steve..... Have fun chasing white Crocs in heaven. :monkey2

Here's to you....:duff

A very sad day indeed. Me and my best friend are crazy about reptiles and we worked at a pet store for a couple years. I can't tell you how many impressions of him we did when we were with customers. I will miss his love and enthusiasm for all living creatures.

Crikey
Isn't she a beaut
Have a look at this'n
Danger, danger, danger

We'll miss ya Croc Hunter.

Well Steve, here's to you Mate. :duff

You still are and will always be the undisputed, undefeated Croc Hunting champ... and the Irwin Family will now carry on with your legacy.

Back