Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

I thought these were all leaning as designed, hence the way the rider is looking down pointing ?

I thought these were all leaning as designed, hence the way the rider is looking down pointing ?

They are not supposed to lean so much so that one of the legs is lifted from the base. And the lean gets more and more with each passing day/week/month. :slap

Yes, mine, too, was mainly supported by the (now cracked) left leg. Even if the other leg has another peg, it doesn't help much to support the weight because of the leaning position. I think the whole figure design itself is disbalanced, the weight should have been equally distributed.

I believed it is only a matter of time before cracks start to show on the leg of the horse on my statue. The leaning is getting worse. :horror

Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

My own words of doom from 3/30/2012:

As for the RWOS - I'm still worried about the whole horse rearing up thing. That's potentially a lot of weight for two skinny polystone horse legs to be supporting.

Do we know if there is any support (metal frame etc...) under the polystone in the legs? Or will the cracking continue until "tumble-time"?:horror

I remember thinking 'OMG, that horse is completely upright so badass' when I saw the promo pics for the first time. Kudos for SS being so bold to tackle such a dynamic pose. But now...
Never bought the RWOS myself, but damn I am gutted for you guys. The ultimate LotR piece representing the entire story should hold up for decades!

ps Didn't Gandalf on Shadowfax have a similar issue?

It may have but I don't think it was too many. it put most of the weight I believe on the tail.

Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

My own words of doom from 3/30/2012:

Do we know if there is any support (metal frame etc...) under the polystone in the legs? Or will the cracking continue until "tumble-time"?:horror

The crack in the leg of my DR goes through more than half its diameter and I'm afraid there is no metal frame as far as I can see. This would have gone a long way but, alas...

My DROM EX is fine. The rider is pretty light himself so it's not like there is a lot of weight being placed on the horse. There would need to be a structural defect to begin with for it to break under that minimal weight.

Over time it may crack under it's own weight.
This is really unfortunate, I still love the figure though.
One way to take some pressure off would be to hook some fishline around the horse and anchor it, this may work better in a cabinet. At least that way your not chopping at the legs, unless you already have cracks then you may have to hack at it some.
Like to see what SS response is to this...

I checked my regular version (with 2 pegs) today and so far no cracks.

Well im glad I chose Sauron to get first now, was saving up for this but will defo be giving it a miss! For sideshow to say its nothing to do with them now its been longer than 30 days is taking the piss!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Over time it may crack under it's own weight.
This is really unfortunate, I still love the figure though.
One way to take some pressure off would be to hook some fishline around the horse and anchor it, this may work better in a cabinet. At least that way your not chopping at the legs, unless you already have cracks then you may have to hack at it some.
Like to see what SS response is to this...

I doubt that. It is very light.

Have you seen the previous posts, those cracks happened from the weight of the figure...horse & rider. Which would suggest it can happen to any others in the future.

I hope not, but it's now a definite concern.

They are not supposed to lean so much so that one of the legs is lifted from the base. And the lean gets more and more with each passing day/week/month. :slap

Sounds like more of a problem with your statue. The pin on mine was tough to get in and a very snug fit. If mine were a little loose I'd have probably stuck it down with something.

I can see the cause of the cracking also being do to moving it around quite a bit, if you arange your statues around and lift it by the base without holding the horse for stability in the process.

That makes sense. I tend to shift/slide mine around every now and then but only to get a better look at it or to futz with the robes.

I guess that brings up another question: have the owners of a cracked DROM moved theirs around quite a bit since owning it? Like actually picking it up.

Sounds like more of a problem with your statue. The pin on mine was tough to get in and a very snug fit. If mine were a little loose I'd have probably stuck it down with something.

The pin wasn't loose from the start. It's tight. I have a total of 19 PF statues so I will know it if there's a problem when I first received it but it was ok initially. The lean started recently.

And I'm not one who moves my statues around. I don't even re-pose my 1/6 figures so definitely I don't move the statues. :)

Back