Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

It's sucks that this figure has this problem, and now reputation. I still like it a lot and will keep mine, I'll just display it in such a way to reduce stress if possible. Will watch to see how this plays out with SS though.

I'm going to keep my order which starts payments next month, but I'm still concerned. It's way too much money to be spending on something that has an issue like this.

It would be nice if SSC would say something other than We are aware of it, and none of the ones we have show the issue.

They won't recall a line unless it's a mass problem, which I don't think this is. It's obviously a few isolated cases.

We might get lucky and get a $20 gift voucher to spend on sale items only....:hi5:

They won't recall a line unless it's a mass problem, which I don't think this is. It's obviously a few isolated cases.

We might get lucky and get a $20 gift voucher to spend on sale items only....:hi5:

It didn't sound like a few isolated cases, then again, I haven't been taking a tally.

If you read the Statue Forum thread, there's abut 20 people talking about it but only about 3 with an actual problem which is par for the course on these websites.

So even though it looks like a problem, it's probably only a few guy's that caught wind of the the thread or the usual guys that "was going to buy this but not now" type posts.

Remember there was over a thousand of these made. There will be trouble with a small few but from what I've read (and my own experience) it doesn't seem like a massive problem as yet.

If you read the Statue Forum thread, there's abut 20 people talking about it but only about 3 with an actual problem which is par for the course on these websites.

So even though it looks like a problem, it's probably only a few guy's that caught wind of the the thread or the usual guys that "was going to buy this but not now" type posts.

Remember there was over a thousand of these made. There will be trouble with a small few but from what I've read (and my own experience) it doesn't seem like a massive problem as yet.

Well that makes me feel better. I don't get a chance to get in here and read the threads that much.

It didn't help that I was talking about getting one in a PM to someone and they started talking about the cracking issue. That was the first I heard about it a few weeks back.

Even then, what is being done about those small few? Screw em? Can they return them for a full price this much later?

Just because only a small amount are defective, that does not mean they can not comment on how they would help out those few that have been affected.

And if nothing is even really said/done for those few, then...in my mind...that just speaks about their willingness to work with customers.
If I paid 60 bucks and it cracked a little down the road...ok whatever. When you see people paying around 800 bones for this and then it's main supporting elements are starting to crack 6 months later...then what the hell?

If I buy this now and it happens to start cracking form no fault of my own...what happens? Just out 800?
Now I am more than willing to buy a cracked one or have one crack, then I can just fix it...but if that is the case, this thing needs to be discounted quite a bit.
Also if it was a random piece falling off or cracking, I would not mind all that much, but since it is basically a structural support...that is a no-no. :nono

Last edited:

Death is upon your doorstep.

1510521_10202800358672607_1897423853_n_zps84725098.jpg

Mines all good. And he's the reg version.

only thing I hate about this is how clean the hood is, should be torn up like the other edges of the robe.

only thing I hate about this is how clean the hood is, should be torn up like the other edges of the robe.

Nah, it looks better the way it is. If you take a spray bottle and shape the hood you can make it look really sleek with some nice flow to it and make the head more rounded.

From memory in the movies the hood wasn't torn.

If anyone's still thinking about this, Corner Store Comics has a 15% sale going on right now and you can pick this bad boy up for $625.59 + shipping. :rock

So I received an email from SS regarding my DROM PF. Mine was one of the ones that started to crack. They are more than willing to make an exception and replace it (past the 30 day policy) but it will be a regular Edition. The email said they don't have any EX versions left and I personally really like displaying it with the EX hand. I'm really not sure what to do here. I think I'm going to ask about keeping the EX hand but I'm not sure if they will let me do that.

They should totally let you keep the ex hand.

I guess it's good of them that they'll replace it for you. Will you have to pay for shipping?

Wonder if/how long they will do this for everyone with crackage.

So I received an email from SS regarding my DROM PF. Mine was one of the ones that started to crack. They are more than willing to make an exception and replace it (past the 30 day policy) but it will be a regular Edition. The email said they don't have any EX versions left and I personally really like displaying it with the EX hand. I'm really not sure what to do here. I think I'm going to ask about keeping the EX hand but I'm not sure if they will let me do that.

Why are they not sending you just the horse?

Why are they not sending you just the horse?

I'm going to call them tomorrow and find out. Unless each horse is made to fit to a specific base. Additionally, my horse only has one peg and the base has one too. So it's possible that a new one will crack again.

Back