Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

What are the prices for reg and EX?
I thought they are both priced at 799.99

What are the prices for reg and EX?
I thought they are both priced at 799.99

They are both the same price. But for Regular Edition, most of us can buy it from our local retailers thus saving on the shipping and import taxes if we are international customers.

i am looking on side show and its not showing up why is that . all so if you order now does this mean you will not get it in till around next year am i reading some here right ?

Its not up for PO just yet. It won't be up until Thursday. As far as to when it will ship late this year early next is a good guess.

Its not up for PO just yet. It won't be up until Thursday. As far as to when it will ship late this year early next is a good guess.
ok i see so gives me time to order and time to find some cash :yess:
boy this is becoming worse then gambling for me my god

Looks amazing.now trying to justify spending that much on something.

seriously though congrats to everyone getting this.its the def centerpiece for anyones collection

I knew someday there would be a reason why I passed on the Witch King PF, decided not to get the Emperor PF, and passed on getting the Cobra Commander PF....today my patience has paid off. This will be THE centerpiece of my LOTR collection. What an amazing statue. Can't hardly wait!

It's an amazing statue, but I can't see it being the center piece of peoples LOTR collections? I want it too, but I don't see it being the center piece per say. Considering it's not a main hero or villain.
I will add it nicely to my line up.

But for me this is optional. Having Gollum, Frodo, Gandalf and Aragorn, and the Sauron Weta Statue were enough for me to say THIS IS LOTR.
All the rest have been optional.

This will be too. It's just that it happens to be a damn tall statue and a dude on a freaking horse!

My opinion only. I actually prefer this look without the sword. To me this makes him look more creepy and unearthly. Something so scary where he don't need a sword to rip out your soul. The personification of death.

300084_press06-001.jpg

Ok so i brought this up to the spouse and told em how awesome this piece was.... i was then asked why it was so expensive given that their isnt a ton of detail and the main character is basicly a piece of cloth... is that fact that its taller really make it "worth" 800 dollars? when statues normally fall into the 300 ish range? Not trying to diss it as i do enjoy this just looking for some justification.

well, not sure about the posture of the horse too.

he seem's to much on his back, looks like he's going to fall.

sometime sideshow takes weird decision about posture, morgul lord is another example.

Yeah pose of the horse looks awkward to me. What's up with Sideshow and poses :x

Speaking as somebody who's been around horses their entire life, I can pretty much guarantee that if that was a real horse rearing at that angle, carrying a rider that size, and with it's hind legs in that very awkward position, it would be on the floor on it's side/back very quickly. The balance and weight distribution is all off (a bit like with the twisty Morgul Lord). That said, it's clearly still an awesome looking piece. Very nice indeed. :)

Glad to hear a chime in from and expert.

Oh well......

It's an amazing statue, but I can't see it being the center piece of peoples LOTR collections? I want it too, but I don't see it being the center piece per say. Considering it's not a main hero or villain.
I will add it nicely to my line up.

But for me this is optional. Having Gollum, Frodo, Gandalf and Aragorn, and the Sauron Weta Statue were enough for me to say THIS IS LOTR.
All the rest have been optional.

This will be too. It's just that it happens to be a damn tall statue and a dude on a freaking horse!

This could very much be a center piece for a lotr collection. The ringwraiths are as much an iconic piece of lotr as anything.

Ok so i brought this up to the spouse and told em how awesome this piece was.... i was then asked why it was so expensive given that their isnt a ton of detail and the main character is basicly a piece of cloth... is that fact that its taller really make it "worth" 800 dollars? when statues normally fall into the 300 ish range? Not trying to diss it as i do enjoy this just looking for some justification.

Because Sideshow decided to raise prices on everything.
I'm sure there are reasons. It just sucks.

Now they figure they have these oversized PF's and can charge 2 grand for them.
So that makes stuff like this seem like a steal now.

I do think it's slightly overpriced.

Hell, I got that FREAKING huge Medusa 1/4 scale statue which looks just as amazing maybe even more so then most Sideshow PF's and the footprint of Medusa is just massive. Yet it still cost less than then this thing!

Yeah but these horses are magical....they don't fall over in that position! :yess:

Plus maybe even if that could happen in real life with a horse, I'm sure it's just one of those split second rearing ups or quick stop and would be back down on his feet in a second.

Because Sideshow decided to raise prices on everything.
I'm sure there are reasons. It just sucks.

Now they figure they have these oversized PF's and can charge 2 grand for them.
So that makes stuff like this seem like a steal now.

I do think it's slightly overpriced.

Hell, I got that FREAKING huge Medusa 1/4 scale statue which looks just as amazing maybe even more so then most Sideshow PF's and the footprint of Medusa is just massive. Yet it still cost less than then this thing!

Honestly that is probably the most honest answer i could hope for... was just trying to convince myself otherwise with some valid points :dunno

Price seems ok to me, guess I'll have to display him to the side. I'll hold off ordering til an ES pops up. Don't want bloating.

Scale comparison

WOW

Taller than Gandalf. Damn. Now I have to figure out a new display option if I want my PF's lined up in a row with him.

Running out of ceiling height along the top of my cabinets lol

I really like the statue but the price is about $150-200 more then I was expecting. But it would be impressive next to Gandalf.

I want this piece but for 800 is steep plus the 100 shipping to down under is going to cost me a pretty penny still getting though as i got gandalf the grey i hope the price drops to 600 i can keep dreaming.

Back