Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

No I'm not. Tolkien stated quite categorically that the ringwraith's mounts were real, living, breathing horses, not ghosts/wraiths.

'Because they are real horses... these horses are born and bred to the service of the Dark Lord in Mordor. Not all his servants and chattel are wraiths! ' --Gandalf, Many Meetings, FOTR

:lecture

The ringwraith is a wraith and may very well weigh nothing. Once more, it's also fictional.

The nitpicking I see on this forum is shameful.

No I'm not. Tolkien stated quite categorically that the ringwraith's mounts were real, living, breathing horses, not ghosts/wraiths.

'Because they are real horses... these horses are born and bred to the service of the Dark Lord in Mordor. Not all his servants and chattel are wraiths! ' --Gandalf, Many Meetings, FOTR

:lecture

Real horses have red eyes? :cuckoo:

Wow. That is gorgeous!

I'm REALLY hoping that some of the parts of the bridle are actually made of real metal chain and real leather straps. Much of the tack seems to be sculpted directly onto the horse, but some of the straps and chains that aren't touching the horse look like they might be made of real chain and leather (especially in the HD pics). Fingers crossed. If those reins are sculpted polystone, they'll be very fragile, so I'm hoping for multi-media. For coolness and durability. :pray:

I'm also pleased that one of the more horrible details of the wraith's horse seems to have been captured. There's one fleeting close-up shot in FOTR where we see the horse pawing at the ground and it looks as though the nails used to affix the horseshoes were way too long, and were driven up ... all the way through the hoof and are sticking out of the top. So unbelievably horrible, but such a great detail that tells you everything you'd ever need to know about how evil they are in Mordor.

Yeeesh.

:ogat

i think the EX is the red eyes light up feature... that would be awesomeeeeeeeeee

Looks amazing, such a detailed and good looking statue.

But pose - wise, i do prefer the walking SSW one.

Interested to see the price too - even though i said i may only get GTG as my only PF, i'm now imagining a display with GTG, Frodo and this! Maybe Gollum...

He's not talking about the horses. It's a statue for the love of god, not real life.

Right... and, because it's not 'real life', nobody's allowed to express an opinion on it? The whole purpose of this forum is discussing stuff that isn't real, for god's sake. lmao.

"Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who."
-King of Swamp Castle/Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Looks amazing, such a detailed and good looking statue.

But pose - wise, i do prefer the walking SSW one.

Interested to see the price too - even though i said i may only get GTG as my only PF, i'm now imagining a display with GTG, Frodo and this! Maybe Gollum...

:lol:lol And this is how it all starts. You just can't own one PF there must be companion pieces.

Everything is F-ing brilliant and EX ordered.

Ill definatly be getting this but i hope that he is nice and stable with the height and rider weight and a small circular base i hope he is stable and doesnt have a tendency to tip over.

:exactly:

Yeah, I'm wondering about stability, too. His center of gravity looks pretty high ...

Here's hoping the base is extra heavy. I suppose they could embed a hunk of metal in there. Or maybe the horse body could be partly hollow to cut down the weight up top.

Back