Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

I was thinking the same - I'm not certain that the RWOS is on the same surface as the bust. That would be a lot of leg/base to take it all the way down to where the bottom of the Patient Zero base is.

:goodpost:

you nailed it on the head, it's not on the same level as the PZ bust cause then the horse would be waaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion. I would say the bottom starts close to where the artist's left shoulder is.

Yeah, if you draw a line across the picture with your finger from the Patient Zero base, the bottom of the RWOS base would start at about the ring on Tom's index finger. That would either be way too much base or Wilt Chamberlain rear legs on the horse.

I think there's a bit more horse there than that. My guess is that the horse's ... eh ... hind end ... would be about where Tom's shoulder is. Then you've got the back legs. My guess is the rear hooves should be about where the button is in the middle of Tom's chest.

And then there's a base ... and we haven't heard anything about the shape/height of that.

So, while I'm inclined to agree that it's not sitting directly on the desk, I think there's an even chance, depending on the base, that it actually might be. Though, if it's being propped up, I don't think it's being propped up by a lot.

GOD, I WISH THEY'D JUST SHOW US THIS THING ALREADY!

:lol

Last edited:

its definitely higher than the bust... it seems to end where his shoulders begin.

OR it might have a pretty high base like the terminator PF

You know what? Now that I think about it, this thing may need to be on a giant, heavy base. That might be the only way to keep it from toppling over. With the horse rearing up like that on his skinny, little legs, the center of gravity looks like it'll be really high up on the statue. They might need a big, heavy base just to keep this bad boy stable.

Looking forward to this and haven't bought anything LOTR for a long time but this is going to be a costly piece!

I want this so bad, I may cancel Ringwraith maquette. I am going all in with the PFs for the bad guys. I still like the maquette for the good guys.

rwospf.jpg

Wow, that looks fantastic!! :thud:
Time to start making room for this big guy.

I was thinking the same - I'm not certain that the RWOS is on the same surface as the bust. That would be a lot of leg/base to take it all the way down to where the bottom of the Patient Zero base is.

Yeah, I agree...there is no way the RWOS is sitting on the same surface as the buts.

RWOSandTom.png

Can't wait for this baby. :rock

:duff
Bill

This PF is going to deserve a great display base and lighting as it will be the center piece of my collection. Just it size and presence will be amazing. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Depending on how tall the base is I think it's much likely that the RWOS is on the same surface as the bust:

rwosandtom.png
scaled.php

Nice, Boromir! That's kind of exactly what I was thinking, too! :hi5:

Whatever happens, this thing is going to be a MONSTER!

Can't wait!

:clap:clap:clap

These sorts of photo manipulations and attention to detail are the reason I love this board! Amazing, and this is going to be a monster!!

Back