Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

If this comes out right it will be my first LOTR purchase. I really want some of the older PF's but I don't have the funds to pay after market prices right now.

If this comes out right it will be my first LOTR purchase. I really want some of the older PF's but I don't have the funds to pay after market prices right now.

most of the older lotr PFs are selling at a significant discount in the after market...

We were discussing this image from the Spooktacular calendar a few weeks ago, speculating that it may be the steed in this PF...

img0713y.jpg

source

Turns out this is a horse from the new Indiana Jones statue, featured in this production blog video:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?cat=26&ref=footer&prod-blog&ssc

Last edited:

Oh man, good news that Indy continues on. I was worried about some of the perhaps perceived weak sales there. So do we get a truck to go in front of this as well :)

Wow, I was actually right for a change, I had the maquette pegged as indy when it was first show.

want the wraith more though.

Loving the look of the RW PF, but I'm not too sure about this Indy maquette (if that's the format it is.)

I'm not really a fan of the swirly, comic book style the maquette line has taken. But I'll try to stay cautiously optimistic. As an Indy collector, I'll definitely be keeping an ear to the ground to see how that one develops.

If it's a PF, won't the Ringwraith be mostly cloth which should keep the cost around $500

If it's a PF, won't the Ringwraith be mostly cloth which should keep the cost around $500

Don't forget the horse...No cloth there. Just picture the Morgul Lord PF sitting on a horse.... This thing's gonna be massive..

I'm expecting it to be the price of two PF's.

If they plan to charge above $600 for this PF, then they better spruce up that horse to have some fuzz on it so the texture feels like a horse! I hope they'll not go cheap and make the horse hide smooth like polystone!

I understand people may feel this is 2 PFs for one. I'm not sure if I'd buy just a horse without a rider though were it offered (the same would be true if people were offered just the bike and no trooper). The reverse I feel is ok (the rider by himself can be bought).

Last edited:

If they plan to charge above $600 for this PF, then they better spruce up that horse to have some fuzz on it so the texture feels like a horse! I hope they'll not go cheap and make the horse hide smooth like polystone!

I understand people may feel this is 2 PFs for one. I'm not sure if I'd buy just a horse without a rider though were it offered (the same would be true if people were offered just the bike and no trooper). The reverse I feel is ok (the rider by himself can be bought).

There won't be any fuzz on the horse and it will be quite a bit more then 600

Yeah as awesome as this is, if it comes in at $750...i'll probably pass and just end getting the ring wraith maquette

If they use the fake fuzz it will start coming off eventually and look bad. No matter how good it looks initially it will start coming off and people will be upset. Polystone horse is the only way to go.

I love your spook siggy, Josh! I'm jealous! :lol

Thank ya Ween. RD did a great job on it. :rock I'm ready to rock this through spook then I need to get a really good LOTR sig made. Gonna sport my favorite story of all time for a while after that.

Fuzz?! :panic: :lol Like the toy horses had when we were young ... eh, no! :sick

That is a non-issue, SS has more creative sense than that no doubt; I do wonder about the materials though, perhaps a new ABS debate. :slap

most of the older lotr PFs are selling at a significant discount in the after market...

I was thinking about Lurtz, Berserker and the orcs. They seem to be fethcing higher prices. :dunno

Back