Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

Were you at the show today to see them in person? All I could think about was how this and Sauron would like incredible next to each other.

no unfortunately I wasn't. When the statue was first revealed, I liked it but didn't love it. Only liked it from one angle that I planned to display it in. However, as I've recently just passed the one year mark of collecting, I'm quickly learning that simply liking a statue is not enough. And I absolutely love the Sauron PF and think it'll be sufficient as a centerpiece for my collection.

Think it through..i would get the weta sauron instead, and save the $400 for something else. Tons of other lotr coming.

While the Weta Sauron is nice, it'll be out of scale with my other LOTR PFs. And I only collect baddies.

no unfortunately I wasn't. When the statue was first revealed, I liked it but didn't love it. Only liked it from one angle that I planned to display it in. However, as I've recently just passed the one year mark of collecting, I'm quickly learning that simply liking a statue is not enough. And I absolutely love the Sauron PF and think it'll be sufficient as a centerpiece for my collection.

What is it that you didn't like on the wraith? Is it because the clothing was'nt good or badly positionned by the sideshows staffs?

My concern is the rearing horse. I just hope its not to much.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

honestly to me from a distance, it does just look like a piece of cloth on a horse. And the pose looks very awkward from most angles.

honestly to me from a distance, it does just look like a piece of cloth on a horse. And the pose looks very awkward from most angles.

What else should it be? The Ringwraith is a piece of cloth on a horse :lol :dunno

This looks great in person and was done properly for something in this scale.

Clothing is usual for the PF line. If you guys prefer sculpt, PF is probably not your best choice to collect. If its well done like the GTG, im ok with clothing. Im a huge fan of the maquette ( got them all except GTG), but if a statue is great with the PF, im getting it. Wraith with clothing if its well done, could make the statue closer to real life. Can't say that with the PF ML, but with gandalf rising his staff, almost feels like im in moria with him. :)

not an oversized random chunk of cloth; would of preferred it to be sculpted

I'm the opposite. I don't think I'd be considering it if it was fully sculpted

Clothing is usual for the PF line. If you guys prefer sculpt, PF is probably not your best choice to collect. If its well done like the GTG, im ok with clothing. Im a huge fan of the maquette ( got them all except GTG), but if a statue is great with the PF, im getting it. Wraith with clothing if its well done, could make the statue closer to real life. Can't say that with the PF ML, but with gandalf rising his staff, almost feels like im in moria with him. :)

I agree with the clothing being real....just like in the film!:clap

I thought the sculpt of the horse is VERY well done. I would get it just for that reason.

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

One word ... Well, in fact two ...

first of all, thanks for the pics.

then ... FANTASTIC !

Last edited:

No problem. This is a pretty damn impressive piece.

The base looks a little bit better with more shade than on pics we have seen before.

Same thing concerning the horse, which seems more darker.

Could you confirm me that it's not just an impression ?

Honestly, I had to lighten up the pics just a little to get it to look like it did to the eye.

This thing needs to sell out so I can WL it :monkey4

Great shots Josh, this is definitely my most anticipated PO of 2013 :D :yess:

Back