Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

Thanks! He said i'll get 20% off of the Sauron too, so I have nothing to complain about from now on with pre orders.

That's really cool. All the comic shops in my city markup prices on the ss stuff

The closest one to me is 50 miles away and that's Alter Ego. There are a few others, but they don't sell high end stuff.

well, the RWoS lost out to the droids. I was able to use my NRD and transfer funds to the droids.

Figured I would stay focused on the statue line.

well, the RWoS lost out to the droids. I was able to use my NRD and transfer funds to the droids.

Figured I would stay focused on the statue line.

Haha, that's what I was waiting on too! I decided I would splurge on one of these two, sort of my center piece to my collection. Those two droids are just so iconic, I had to bite on them. Plus, my wife and I are having a baby, and at nearly 3 ft tall, an evil, bloody horse and cloaked rider pointing a sword at you might be a bit much! The droids will be far less scary-looking!

I don't collect Star Wars myself but I have to admit that seeing the two droids on the sandy base brings me right back to 1978 and the beginning of A New Hope.

...Plus, my wife and I are having a baby, and at nearly 3 ft tall, an evil, bloody horse and cloaked rider pointing a sword at you might be a bit much! The droids will be far less scary-looking!

Kids are not intrinsically born scared of a lot of things, a lot of times they are "taught" what to be "scared" of. And often times what kids are actually scared of doesnt make sense. Two friends of mine were scared of the Christmas tree and Alf respectively when they were little. :dunno

I was taken to see the original Clash of the Titans as a little kid/toddler and i loved every minute of it. :D

...or maybe thats whats messed me up ever since... :lol

Was quite surprised to see that the EX version is still available to order, do Lord of the Rings stuff generally hang around for a while before selling out? :dunno

I think it's the price.
Not an Icon character your really must have.

Seems LOTR will never achieve the status of Star Wars so yes I do think LOTR stuff hangs around longer. We have the price, the impending Sauron, some questions on the pose and scale (not for all mind you) and I think a legitimate concern of the piece breaking down the line due to its weight. Now unlike the C3P0 and R2D2 piece, the likelihood of the RWOS coming with a good paint job is much higher. I would be concerned about variance between proto and final product with those droids.

Seems LOTR will never achieve the status of Star Wars so yes I do think LOTR stuff hangs around longer. We have the price, the impending Sauron, some questions on the pose and scale (not for all mind you) and I think a legitimate concern of the piece breaking down the line due to its weight. Now unlike the C3P0 and R2D2 piece, the likelihood of the RWOS coming with a good paint job is much higher. I would be concerned about variance between proto and final product with those droids.

:goodpost:

I agree 100%

Heck, nothing can match Star Wars when it comes to collectors and the collectible market. That's a category unlike any other. So many people have been hard-core Star Wars collecting for 35 straight years.

Pop culture has never seen a phenomenon quite like it, I'd say. Even the enormous popularity of comic books (and the related toys/collectibles) tend to ebb and flow. But Star Wars never seems to let up. Just keeps steaming along. It's amazing, really.

The price and the posing keeps me back from buying this one. The horse should not be standing up THAT much.. Have we seen anywhere in the movies such a scene with the horse standing up, why the need now?

The price and the posing keeps me back from buying this one. The horse should not be standing up THAT much.. Have we seen anywhere in the movies such a scene with the horse standing up, why the need now?
I want this but do agree that the standing horse has been a bit of a hurdle because I don't really remember them that way

i decided after wasting tons of $$ and time for the 3 lotr riders with nothing but broken pieces to show for it...that i will never buy another horse statue from sideshow, it just wont last the way they insist on hard sculpting the tail onto the main statue. And at $800? hah!

Did u order one too fuzzy? :wave

Yeah bro, a few minutes after it went up. There was no hesitation on this one : P I may get a 2nd one if Sauron doesn't come with an imposing pose.

You order this?

Back