Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

what a massive disappointment; I so thought it'd be today too

Definitely SDCC. this is going to be a huge epic piece. SS isn't going to waste the reveal on a random Thursday evening.

except didn't they say pre-order will be up before SDCC?

There's an excellent chance they wait to reveal this until ComiCon ... and I actually think that's what's probably going to happen. But ... to play Devil's Advocate, they might want to get this out there a little sooner. Why? Here are a couple reasons I came up with ...

A) It was supposed to be revealed months ago (last year, I thought). But, for one reason or another (I've heard they ran into production/engineering issues) it's been delayed. So they may want to get it out there as quickly as possible so they don't further delay the release schedule of stuff in line behind it.

B) They might be revealing the Sauron LSF at ComiCon and may not want to cannibalize LOTR sales by releasing two large, expensive pieces at the same time. It might be better for them to space those two big pieces out a bit.

Like I said, they'll probably wait till ComiCon ... but if they don't, I also won't be surprised.

Just my two cents. :peace

Q.- Hey guys, I was hoping that several things could be confirmed if that is ok. When will we see Ring Wraith on Steed, Cave Troll, Juggernaut and Sauron Premium Format updates?
A.- You’ll see the Dark Rider of Mordor Premium Format figure between now and SDCC 2012. Cave Troll and Juggy are having a contest to see which beefcake, big boy will appear next, and so far it’s a pretty even battle. As for Sauron – well, a dark lord will appear precisely when he is ready, [...]
----
I think that we are going to see it next Thursday, becouse I don't believe to see another statue and the Dark Rider before CC

Q.- Hey guys, I was hoping that several things could be confirmed if that is ok. When will we see Ring Wraith on Steed, Cave Troll, Juggernaut and Sauron Premium Format updates?
A.- You’ll see the Dark Rider of Mordor Premium Format figure between now and SDCC 2012. Cave Troll and Juggy are having a contest to see which beefcake, big boy will appear next, and so far it’s a pretty even battle. As for Sauron – well, a dark lord will appear precisely when he is ready, [...]
----
I think that we are going to see it next Thursday, becouse I don't believe to see another statue and the Dark Rider before CC

There goes all my spending money this year :gah:

STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD. Every time I see it bumped I get all excited. Whoops I just did it myself :)

I agree about the scheduling with SDCC. It makes TONS of sense for SS to ramp up Tolkien this year and what better way to do than to have a massive LSF scale Sauron there. I think that's spot on. But they did have Ben and Maul LSF together so they may not care about the sales effect. But really even if they do release the RWOS PF before SDCC is there any way they don't bring it anyway? I don't think so. So I vote that we get this pre-order before SDCC and they showcase both pieces at SDCC with Sauron pre-ordering in November.

I suppose tomorrow is the day when we will finally see this beauty in all its black and evil glory!!!!!!:pray:

Well, we're supposed to get a LOTR preview this week according to their facebook page. So its either a new statue which I would be totally ok with or the RW PF which I would be totally ok with.

Sauron is now a legendary scaled statue?

Game over man game over.

your waaaaaaaaaay late to the pary, old news.

Well, we're supposed to get a LOTR preview this week according to their facebook page. So its either a new statue which I would be totally ok with or the RW PF which I would be totally ok with.

seeing as SS planned to release this long ago, I don't think they want to slow down the line even more by waiting that much longer........I hope anyways, I wanna see how much this is gonna cost.

your waaaaaaaaaay late to the pary, old news.

seeing as SS planned to release this long ago, I don't think they want to slow down the line even more by waiting that much longer........I hope anyways, I wanna see how much this is gonna cost.
i hope not to much .

I wanna see how much this is gonna cost.

I really want this piece...even if it comes in at the price I think it will, it will be the most expensive SS LOTR piece I will have ever bought. :thud:

But if it come in with a higher price tag, I'll be heartbroken. :( :monkey2

On the other hand, if it come in cheaper...I'll be one happy bunny. :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc

:duff
Bill

Back