Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith PF?

Within the year I hope to see:

Ringwraith PF for LOTR

Daredevil PF for Marvel

Long time coming for these most requested characters. Make the fans happy for both licenses.

I'm preparing myself to be let down, but I'm really hoping to see a peek at this one during Comic-Con - we've waited far too long for this PF

I'm just happy to know it's on the way! :rock

I think it a pretty safe bet that we will get an LOTR announcement during SDCC though I don't believe it will be the Ringwraith PF. More than likely SS will save that announcement for Spooktacular or B&W Friday.

:lecture

Within the year I hope to see:

Ringwraith PF for LOTR

Long time coming for these most requested character. Make the fans happy for the LOTR licenses.

word! :naughty

okay, so assuming we get a regular ringwraith (cuz that's what it sounds like) - what are some ideas for an exclusive??

okay, so assuming we get a regular ringwraith (cuz that's what it sounds like) - what are some ideas for an exclusive??

Guru's already come up with one idea, though I suspect it is much too ambitious to ever see the light of day.

Of course you realise that you have just setup SS for the must have exclusive.

The Reg is the ML in normal Ringwraith garb, while the Ex is the ML with add-ins for full armour and morning star when he faces Eowyn.

Personally, I'd be surprised if there is an excl. Seeing as the Ringwraith's are already the most awesome bad guy characters ever created for LOTR....does it really need one? :confused:

while the switch out full armor sounds awesome, I'm afraid it is too good to be true, I'm curious as to what you guys think of "regular" exclusives (even though that is an oxymoron)!!

Have to say if Guru is right about the Reg/Ex then we will be paying $350 for this baby purely for the simple reason SS knows we will pay it for a 2 in 1 PF statue!! :horror

The headless "hood" can be held up easily by having a very thin but stiff material sandwiched between the fabric layers.

To be honest, it should be one of the easiest PF's to develop and manufacture.

Body can be lightweight like the Boba Fett PF but with Polystone armored pieces (gauntlets, boots, etc.) Sword would be plastic (to provide some flex and giving so as not to break.) Simple black fabrics used for outfit and cloak, heavily weathered.

As previously mentioned, there are no intricate embroideries, no multiple combination of different fabrics, and certainly no sculpt or subsequent paint apps involved.

I figure the Ringwraith will indeed be of the Witch King during the encounter on Weathertop and the exclusive would be the short sword (long knife?) that he used to stab Frodo.

Base would reflect the Weathertop look as well.

I agree with alot of what you say FaF but i certainly dont think this woulkd be easy to make and develope,yes the materials that make up this piece are few and relatively simple but its how these are used and executed,take the robe for example,the way its sits,creases etc on the Wraiths body will be very hard to pull off imo and this has me a bit worried frankly.
Theres alot thats qiute straight forward about this piece but how do you bring them together to make the awesome piece we all want?......its no easy task

The headless "hood" can be held up easily by having a very thin but stiff material sandwiched between the fabric layers.

To be honest, it should be one of the easiest PF's to develop and manufacture.

Body can be lightweight like the Boba Fett PF but with Polystone armored pieces (gauntlets, boots, etc.) Sword would be plastic (to provide some flex and giving so as not to break.) Simple black fabrics used for outfit and cloak, heavily weathered.

As previously mentioned, there are no intricate embroideries, no multiple combination of different fabrics, and certainly no sculpt or subsequent paint apps involved.

I figure the Ringwraith will indeed be of the Witch King during the encounter on Weathertop and the exclusive would be the short sword (long knife?) that he used to stab Frodo.

Base would reflect the Weathertop look as well.

A Weathertop Ringwraith PF certainly works for me, and that's actually an excellent idea for an excl. And who knows perhaps SS will actually give us the metal swords they've been promising for almost 4 years now. :D

Have to say if Guru is right about the Reg/Ex then we will be paying $350 for this baby purely for the simple reason SS knows we will pay it for a 2 in 1 PF statue!! :horror

No doubt it would be awesome, but I very much doubt I am right. If there is an Ex, it will likely be something simple and or seperate.

Having said that, I won't at all be surprised if there is only a Reg.

I agree with alot of what you say FaF but i certainly dont think this woulkd be easy to make and develope,yes the materials that make up this piece are few and relatively simple but its how these are used and executed,take the robe for example,the way its sits,creases etc on the Wraiths body will be very hard to pull off imo and this has me a bit worried frankly.
Theres alot thats qiute straight forward about this piece but how do you bring them together to make the awesome piece we all want?......its no easy task

I'm not saying it would be easy, but simply easier due to the less complicated outfit/costume, lack of headsculpt, definitely simpler paint apps, and very limited number of accessories required.

I can also see the possibility of a PF Ringwraith on Steed in the future as well, when viewing my palantir... ;)

:lol:rotfl:lol

because my friend you are a genius! :duff

And you sir, are a man who recognizes talent.....:lol :naughty

I'm not saying it would be easy, but simply easier due to the less complicated outfit/costume, lack of headsculpt, definitely simpler paint apps, and very limited number of accessories required.

I can also see the possibility of a PF Ringwraith on Steed in the future as well, when viewing my palantir... ;)

I think your palantir is on the fritz 'cause SS already addressed this issue....there won't be any 1/4 scale horses.

Unfortunately it's a must have figure.

Still, until we see what they have in mind ,then (like SS's 'answers' on LOTR), it's all speculative as to the product justifying the price .

Here's hoping for a low ES

Unfortunately it's a must have figure.

Still, until we see what they have in mind ,then (like SS's 'answers' on LOTR), it's all speculative as to the product justifying the price .

Here's hoping for a low ES

A Ringwraith PF with a low ES?......not very likely Dave. It would have to look like a piece of crap for that to happen.

Back