Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

Sounds like BS to me, this was on the under 25 list months ago and is again now, no way they did not sell those last 25 in all that time as fast as it got to the low stock warning after the EX sold out.

Agreed, they shouldn't be so deceptive

Agreed, It's not that hard to count inventory.

My Waitlist for the Ex just converted. Is this worth getting? They want $800.00
That's a nice chunk of change for it. Especially in one shot. They wouldn't allow me to Flexpay it. Not sure I wanna keep it?

It was definitely well worth it to me and I'm sure others will agree that it's one of the best PF figures (of any line) to date. I would also say that it's one of the most impressive LOTR pieces period. Whether or not it's worth it to you? :dunno

Either do it RIGHT or DON'T DO IT at all. That is all I ask. This "we are lucky they do it at all" mentality is no way to be. I would rather they did stop if they F it up all the time or play with the numbers. How hard is it to track your own inventory.

I already had this discussion the last time they pulled this earlier in the thread and I won't go over it all again. The system could be accurate and reliable, but it just isn't. It would be nice if they could fix it for us.

Why does it bother you though? Why does it have to be reliable?

In my opinion a statue this expensive....? You want it or you don't.

I really hate some of SS practices when it comes to QC but as far as numbers go, unless it has an edition size it's fair game in my opinion. They promised you nothing in terms of numbers.

I accepted the Waitlist Converted Ex. Couldn't pass on it. All the Reviews I read on it were Very Positive. Figured I would never be able to get it again at retail. So, shelled out the bucks! Look forward to getting this!

I accepted the Waitlist Converted Ex. Couldn't pass on it. All the Reviews I read on it were Very Positive. Figured I would never be able to get it again at retail. So, shelled out the bucks! Look forward to getting this!

Good call you won't be sorry it's a great PF.

Good for you, I hope you like it. I thought SS did a good job with the details on this one and it's pretty big so there's a lot of impact when you look at it all set up.

Why does it bother you though? Why does it have to be reliable?

In my opinion a statue this expensive....? You want it or you don't.

I really hate some of SS practices when it comes to QC but as far as numbers go, unless it has an edition size it's fair game in my opinion. They promised you nothing in terms of numbers.

Why does it have to be reliable? Is that a real question or are you just hopefully playing devil's advocate?

If it is not reliable you can't count on it so what good is it. Yea, I prefur they have it, but come on, get it right. The vast majority of other online stores can handle it, why not them?

Price of the piece means nothing, they could do it on a $5 item and still mess someone up. The point I am trying to make is I don't want it just improved for ME, I want it fixed for EVERYONE.

The very fact they have a low stock warning IS a promise that they will keep an eye on stock and let you know. It is a false sense of security they perpetuate when it is not done properly. I understand a hot selling item may not be updated quite fast enough, but everything else is fair game. That is why I still prefur the old stock bar they had years ago. You always knew where you stood at any given time. Without that it creates this mystery game we have to play.

Even if they don't massage the numbers, the very fact that there are descrepencies can lead to the appearance of impropriety where their probably is none. What good does that do anyone?

Low stock is low stock, not low stock at our warehouse, but there are 10K more on the way from China. If they are using it for that too on these limited and open ES pieces, that just leads to even more confusion. There should be a different notice for those.

When did it convert for you? I waited a long time for mine and thought I was one of the last ones. Kind of shocked to see more of them after selling out so fast.

We have found a Lord of the Rings Premium Format Figures Dark Rider of Mordor - Exclusive Premium Format Figure for you!

Your wait list reservation # for this is due to become a live order on 2013-08-27. Your item will then ship out to you shortly after that!

IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS ITEM, please cancel it as soon as possible through your online account.

Or we can help you if you call us at 1-855-SIDESHOW or 805-214-2157. Also, you can get a hold of us via our Live Chat option through our website during normal business hours.

IF YOU DO WANT THIS ITEM please make sure your shipping and billing information is up-to-date on your order. If you originally requested a payment plan or you need a ship quote, please contact us before 2013-08-27 by phone or through Live Chat!

Best regards,

The Sideshow Customer Service Team

Low stock is low stock, not low stock at our warehouse, but there are 10K more on the way from China. If they are using it for that too on these limited and open ES pieces, that just leads to even more confusion. There should be a different notice for those.

People return statue's all the time. Stores return batches of statues. I totally get why you pissed but not on a open edition.

Like I said it's fair game. If you're only going to buy things once they get low stock warnings you're in the wrong hobby. Side show have no obligation to help let you figure out what pieces you want to buy in what order.

People return statue's all the time. Stores return batches of statues. I totally get why you pissed but not on a open edition.

Like I said it's fair game. If you're only going to buy things once they get low stock warnings you're in the wrong hobby. Side show have no obligation to help let you figure out what pieces you want to buy in what order.

First World problems :lol

1st world indeed, nice to know we have these kinds of problems and not some real problems.

No way these are just returns, it got low too fast after the EX sold out for it not to be sold out now or at least on waitlist. It is not an open edition, we just don't know what it is limited to. That is another BS tactic, limited to what, 100K or until they stop selling?

I am in the wrong hobby because I expect an industry leading business to be run well? So your idea is just to not rely on the stock checker for fear it is not accurate? So you agree with what I said, it is unreliable so you can't trust it, so what good is it. You agree with me by not agreeing with me, odd argument.

IMO they do have an obligation when they say they will warn you. That is my main point of contention and frustration. The whole point of it is EXACTLY to help figure out what to get and in what order, what other use is it?

IMO they do have an obligation when they say they will warn you. That is my main point of contention and frustration. The whole point of it is EXACTLY to help figure out what to get and in what order, what other use is it?

Basically you want to take risks on pieces then blame sideshows policy when it back fires. That's the only reason I can see you being pissed off.

When my hardware store say's they have a certain lawnmower in stock and I go down in the afternoon to grab it and it's gone I don't start shooting up the store in anger. I just missed out. :rotfl

If they get it back in....I'll buy it then. :wink1:

There's also the possibility of Sync problems between the systems. If someone buy's a statue the warehouse may only update weekly.

Basically you want to take risks on pieces then blame sideshows policy when it back fires. That's the only reason I can see you being pissed off.

When my hardware store say's they have a certain lawnmower in stock and I go down in the afternoon to grab it and it's gone I don't start shooting up the store in anger. I just missed out. :rotfl

If they get it back in....I'll buy it then. :wink1:

There's also the possibility of Sync problems between the systems. If someone buy's a statue the warehouse may only update weekly.

I am not pissed at SS and I am not taking it personally. I simply point out that it does not work as well as it could so you can't rely on it as a result. Why people don't seem to want it to get better when it can is what I don't understand. They could have a tracker right on the item page no problem at all, and they DID. Why take it away?

As for your lawnmower analogy, if I call somewhere and they have an item in stock why would you not tell they guy to hold it for you. THEN I would be pissed if was sold out. If they had a low stock warning(which is what we are talking about) for a lawnmower and DID NOT CALL me and they sold out or DID CALL me when they had a ton just to get me in the store, can't you see the problem with that system?

And I understand there can be an anomaly once in a while, but a system that updates once a week? What is this the 70s? Real time or at least 24HR is the norm now and most of those are not as critical as collector pieces are.

I don't want to keep clogging up this thread as it is not DROM specific, so I will say it one more time. System needs to be improved, can be improved, and should be improved. Why would anyone be against something that helps all collectors? Please stop thinking it is just ME pissing and moaning, I piss and moan to improve it for EVERYONE:lol

I'm not getting your logic on this either?
If it says Low Stock, that's when you'll buy it.
But if the Low Stock turns out Not to be Low Stock and you bought it, you're upset?

I'm not getting your logic on this either?
If it says Low Stock, that's when you'll buy it.
But if the Low Stock turns out Not to be Low Stock and you bought it, you're upset?

Probably an es-junkie. If everybody was like him nothing would sell: "I'm NOT ordering ANYTHING before I'm sure it will be a sell-out - and if I don't get a notice before something is about to be sold out I'M GONNA BE PISSED AS HELL"

Back