Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

:lol Ok, well we will see what I can find when it comes time to purchase. I won't be sad if that means just getting a regular.

This statue is amazing! I forgot I had preordered from a vendor until getting a shipping notice the other day. It arrived in hand yesterday and I was floored by the awesomeness. It's HUGE

This statue is amazing! I forgot I had preordered from a vendor until getting a shipping notice the other day. It arrived in hand yesterday and I was floored by the awesomeness. It's HUGE

that's a lot of money to forget about! :lol

Urk, its getting more and more tempting to buy this PF. I'm considering selling either the Diablo Overthrown EX or Conan the Prize EX to help fund this :O

It almost feels like this statue will start a new direction for my collection if I buy it. Where I sell the smaller stuff and have fewer, but bigger statues. Less is more, or something like that?

It almost feels like this statue will start a new direction for my collection if I buy it. Where I sell the smaller stuff and have fewer, but bigger statues. Less is more, or something like that?

That's exactly where I'm going with my collection at the minute. Less but bigger pieces that fill up a larger area. I see these collections where everyone has things stuffed on shelves and it's like a sensory overload. It almost takes the value away from them. You don't get anytime to soak up the awesomeness of everything.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to have that type of collection but I feel for me BIG quality over quantity is the way I want to go. I'm also thinking about getting some expensive canvas art for each piece. To make it a shrine.

I'm culling to about 8-10 large pieces total. The Dark Rider is my favourite statue of all time. I'm hoping Sauron can equal him or even better!

I'm a bit disappointed with the Hulk Maquette. He fits my criteria but I just can't stand the crappy paint job and the lack of detail for something so expensive.

Hello everybody,
I’m Peter from Germany and for quite a while a non-writing but reading member of this forum. As I’m not a die-hard-collector as most of you, I really have not much to contribute.

But yesterday things changed. I received my DRoM EX and as I have read and viewed every single post and picture on this thread for weeks now, I was prepared for a hard/nice time putting this statue together; especially I was wondering about the belt/dagger/scabbard thingy and the draping of the robes.

When examining and ironing the different robes (I really don’t like the crumbled look some of you prefer) I was finding two things I found important to share with you because in my opinion these might affect the way of exhibiting this amazing statue.

First Thing (and it was mentioned a while ago by Radagaster in some way but never really answered or commented by anybody:
The part of cloth (I think it was the one packed separately) which has those nice hems looked very strange to me. It seemed that while putting these together at the factory they may have forgotten to stich them together at the upper part, at least it was with my piece. I took a few minutes and stichted them together so that the loose ends of the hems came together in a kind of 90 degrees and so they formed a beautiful outer sleeve. I have tried to take some photos of it and hopefully you can see and understand what I mean.

P5150015.JPG

P5150016.JPG

P5150020.JPG

The second thing already can be seen as well on these photos. While fumbling around with this piece of cloth and the scabbard of the sword, I was very unhappy that the scabbard was more or less invisible. Many comments on this thread and ALL pictures shown so far do not show the (hidden) sword/scabbard end part. I was asking myself: could this really be the way to put the cloth onto the statue and display the sword/scabbard?

I examined the cloth very carefull and found what I was looking for: a small hole, exactly the size of the scabbards diameter was cut into the cloth. You might have to stretch the cloth a little bit to find it.Now I was able to fix the sword/scabbard exactly as I wanted it to be (and in my opinion was supposed to be).

P5150021.JPG

I hope you can see it from the pictures what I mean and how I drapped cloth/outer sleeve and scabbard/sword. Would be great if some of you find this rare post of mine and the hints useful. To me it adds more to an already outstanding statue which for a long time will be the crown jewel of my small collection!

P514001.JPG

P.S. If you need more photos and/or explanations please let me know via this thread.

I lit this up from the bottom with some LED's. It casts a kind of spooky shadow on the roof like something out of a bad dream.

I'm going to have a play around and see how to light this bad boy.

I lit this up from the bottom with some LED's. It casts a kind of spooky shadow on the roof like something out of a bad dream.

I'm going to have a play around and see how to light this bad boy.

That looks great mate, have you tried that look with the pointing hand? I think it would really suit the whole spooky lighting thing you have going on there :)

Just made the last payment and I'll have the DR next week.:yess:

Jeez, I feel like I just paid off a car loan.:lol

Urk, its getting more and more tempting to buy this PF. I'm considering selling either the Diablo Overthrown EX or Conan the Prize EX to help fund this :O

That's what happened to me after I bought the Raiders Indy PF. I slowly sold all my 1/6 stuff and over the years bought 1/4 scale. They cost more and take up more space but it look 10x better having 4 PF's on a shelf then a bunch of smaller stuff mixed together like I used to have. I agree less can be more.

Just made the last payment and I'll have the DR next week.:yess:

Jeez, I feel like I just paid off a car loan.:lol

Nice, you're going to love it. :clap I still like looking at mine.

It's hardly cheap that's for sure. I may get one more large pricey statue like this, but after that no more. Sauron quite possibly, if I'm not feeling it then maybe Galactus as I like that one a lot too.

Only other one I might break for would be Ghost Rider on his bike...
The power of Christ would compel me, :lol

It's hardly cheap that's for sure. I may get one more large pricey statue like this, but after that no more. Sauron quite possibly, if I'm not feeling it then maybe Galactus as I like that one a lot too.

If you could only choose one, I'd get Sauron. Great companion piece with the DROM. Although I would definitely recommend getting both :hi5:

If you could only choose one, I'd get Sauron. Great companion piece with the DROM. Although I would definitely recommend getting both :hi5:

Are there any pics of them sitting side by side? I have Sauron on preorder and don't know if I can swing adding this guy right now. I would prefur the exclusive, but don't know how long it will last.

Hello everybody,
I’m Peter from Germany and for quite a while a non-writing but reading member of this forum. As I’m not a die-hard-collector as most of you, I really have not much to contribute.

But yesterday things changed. I received my DRoM EX and as I have read and viewed every single post and picture on this thread for weeks now, I was prepared for a hard/nice time putting this statue together; especially I was wondering about the belt/dagger/scabbard thingy and the draping of the robes.

When examining and ironing the different robes (I really don’t like the crumbled look some of you prefer) I was finding two things I found important to share with you because in my opinion these might affect the way of exhibiting this amazing statue.

First Thing (and it was mentioned a while ago by Radagaster in some way but never really answered or commented by anybody:
The part of cloth (I think it was the one packed separately) which has those nice hems looked very strange to me. It seemed that while putting these together at the factory they may have forgotten to stich them together at the upper part, at least it was with my piece. I took a few minutes and stichted them together so that the loose ends of the hems came together in a kind of 90 degrees and so they formed a beautiful outer sleeve. I have tried to take some photos of it and hopefully you can see and understand what I mean.

P5150015.JPG

P5150016.JPG

P5150020.JPG

The second thing already can be seen as well on these photos. While fumbling around with this piece of cloth and the scabbard of the sword, I was very unhappy that the scabbard was more or less invisible. Many comments on this thread and ALL pictures shown so far do not show the (hidden) sword/scabbard end part. I was asking myself: could this really be the way to put the cloth onto the statue and display the sword/scabbard?

I examined the cloth very carefull and found what I was looking for: a small hole, exactly the size of the scabbards diameter was cut into the cloth. You might have to stretch the cloth a little bit to find it.Now I was able to fix the sword/scabbard exactly as I wanted it to be (and in my opinion was supposed to be).

P5150021.JPG

I hope you can see it from the pictures what I mean and how I drapped cloth/outer sleeve and scabbard/sword. Would be great if some of you find this rare post of mine and the hints useful. To me it adds more to an already outstanding statue which for a long time will be the crown jewel of my small collection!

P514001.JPG

P.S. If you need more photos and/or explanations please let me know via this thread.

Are there any pics of them sitting side by side? I have Sauron on preorder and don't know if I can swing adding this guy right now. I would prefur the exclusive, but don't know how long it will last.

I don't believe so. Sauron has only been shown at SDCC by itself. I can assure you that both of them side by side is going to have some major presence in your collection room

I don't believe so. Sauron has only been shown at SDCC by itself. I can assure you that both of them side by side is going to have some major presence in your collection room

:exactly::goodpost:

If you have the DROM I would go as far to say that Sauron would be a must buy they would look amazing in any collection, 2 of the most detailed pieces done by sideshow imo.

I keep flip-flopping over whether or not to get Sauron. I love the amount of detail, but like many am waiting to see the in-hand paint aps. I am also concerned about having the space to display him properly.

Sauron IMHO will be the king of the LOTR statues...unless they come out with a 1/3 scale or bigger this is it....nothing will change my mind in regards to the Sauron PF even with this great DROM piece

Back