Rick O’Connell Premium Format Figure – The Mummy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These flicks especially the first two were fun adventure popcorn movies. I think the third one was just lacking Rachel. I've seen the first one countless times and always thought it was one of those movies you could turn on midway through and just watch if you found it on tv.

Looking at Fuzzy's pic breakdown I think he's in there, but needs to lay off the twinkies. The cheeks are definitely to plump and the head/face in general should be slimmed down. I also think the indentation or whatever it is above the right eye looks way overdone. Again I will say I see the character in there, but I think it could be better. A little tan wouldn't hurt either.

EDIT: to be slightly more fair, this sculpt is apparently from tomb of the dragon emperor judging by the outfit. Looking at some pics of him in that movie his face was a bit fuller, but nothing like the sculpt.

:drool :drool :love :drool :drool

rachel-weisz-catwoman.jpg

Yes, I was going to say this as well... I was just looking at some pics of the 3rd movie,, he is a bit fuller and slightly older... Sideshow's lighting is not helping either. It's really pushing those shadows in deep.

The Mummy is awesome. Great cheese. Probably the last really good adventure movie ever made. So ____ you guys. :lol

Ditto. I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic about this one. I enjoyed the movies (well, the first two anyway) and I feel that the sculpt isn't that far off - although the paint and lighting do NOT help.

I'll wait for the full reveal before I make up my mind.

I loved the first movie and i have funt with the second one
third it was terrible and not watchable
i always wanted a figure of o'connelbut i am not sure for a premium
i think the sculpt needs some tweaks because this is brendan with extra weight
i make some manipulation but i am not sure about it

The Mummy was a forgettable Indy wannabe that always came across as more of a made for TNT or ScyFy flick than any of the "real" movies it was trying to copy. No interest at all. What's next, a PF of Noah Wylie's "Librarian?"

The Mummy was a forgettable Indy wannabe that always came across as more of a made for TNT or ScyFy flick than any of the "real" movies it was trying to copy. No interest at all. What's next, a PF of Noah Wylie's "Librarian?"

The point about The Mummy and Indy is valid I think, once you have the undisputed champ the other seems very unnecessary.

:peace

The point about The Mummy and Indy is valid I think, once you have the undisputed champ the other seems very unnecessary.

:peace

I think thats one of the reasons I liked The Mummy so much is that it reminded me of an Indy type movie. If a movie is similar to something else I don't think its unnecessary. If you go with that logic anything similar to any great movie shouldn't have been made nor should we make something similar ever again.

I think thats one of the reasons I liked The Mummy so much is that it reminded me of an Indy type movie. If a movie is similar to something else I don't think its unnecessary. If you go with that logic anything similar to any great movie shouldn't have been made nor should we make something similar ever again.

Not the films, but the PF for me; I enjoyed the first movie and the second to an extent (never did see the third), but with a decent Indy display I don't need anything from The Mummy. :dunno

Might just be me though, we'll see how long this takes to sell out. :impatient: :lol

Not the films, but the PF for me; I enjoyed the first movie and the second to an extent (never did see the third), but with a decent Indy display I don't need anything from The Mummy. :dunno

Might just be me though, we'll see how long this takes to sell out. :impatient: :lol

With an NRD it will never sell out. :)

I think very odd is maybe the better choice of wording. Not that it upsets me either way. They're similar but not enough that if I was wanting to get both they'd hurt each other. Thats just me though.

Back