Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's actually a $90 piece that lights up and moves on it's own that might be in scale to 1/4. If I didn't hate Last Jedi so much I would consider buying it. I dug BB-8 in Force Awakens.

Finally opened mine. I like it but way overpriced. Looks great on the shelf but so light and hollow. Light up features are great but I don't care about them mostly. Would have liked a heavier piece. Still though great paint work and I don't regret getting it. Displays very well and after all, displayability is most of the reason why we like these things. They are our 3D paintings.

BB81.jpg

BB82.jpg

BB83.jpg

BB84.jpg

Has anyone with the R2 and C3PO sand base thought of displaying BB-8 directly on it with the other two droids, without using its own base?

Has anyone with the R2 and C3PO sand base thought of displaying BB-8 directly on it with the other two droids, without using its own base?

There's a hole in the bottom of him that the rod from the base goes into, I'm not sure BB8 would stay in one place with the weight of his head, given he's round and all...

May be a stupid question, but I don't know where else to ask this. I'm tempted to get this premium format (of Rey and BB8), but considering the price they will be my only Star Wars pieces. Then again...the 1/6 Hot Toys versions look nice too (tho I'm not the biggest fan of having the option to try different poses - which action figures have) and it can save me a lot of money. It could give me the chance to also buy some other SW characters. Lotr/Hobbit is my main passion, so I don't have space/money for multiple premium format statues. But I love Rey!

May be a stupid question, but I don't know where else to ask this. I'm tempted to get this premium format (of Rey and BB8), but considering the price they will be my only Star Wars pieces. Then again...the 1/6 Hot Toys versions look nice too (tho I'm not the biggest fan of having the option to try different poses - which action figures have) and it can save me a lot of money. It could give me the chance to also buy some other SW characters. Lotr/Hobbit is my main passion, so I don't have space/money for multiple premium format statues. But I love Rey!

I'm not a Hot Toys collector so I can't speak on those. As far as the Rey and BB-8 Premium Formats, they both turned out fantastic! The Rey in particular is beautifully done and priced right. BB-8 looks great and has a real nice light up feature but is $100 overpriced. I'd recommend him on a sale or purchased with some reward points. The catch is that they pair together so perfectly that you really should get both. They really do look great on display together!

Couldn’t think of anywhere else to discuss this... remember when Star Wars (and SW collecting) was new and exciting always? Getting the characters like Darth Talon, Ayala, etc. Now it’s just like the humans in different outfits and it just doesn’t feel as special.

It’s one reason I am really excited for these other films with new characters to start. Sorry for the rant. I’m just ready for something new and exciting.

I picked up a bargain last week, finally unpacked Rey. A retailer over here had Rey and BB8 half price. Rey cost me $370 AUS thats about $240 US. BB8 was $199, about $130 US. Really happy with the likeness. She looks awesome next to the new PF Leia. I'm going to have to get Jyn, then I'll have all my ladies together. I'll just wait for a good deal on Jyn.

Won't let me post pics at the moment.

I picked up a bargain last week, finally unpacked Rey. A retailer over here had Rey and BB8 half price. Rey cost me $370 AUS thats about $240 US. BB8 was $199, about $130 US. Really happy with the likeness. She looks awesome next to the new PF Leia. I'm going to have to get Jyn, then I'll have all my ladies together. I'll just wait for a good deal on Jyn.

Won't let me post pics at the moment.

I completely missed that 50% discount on Rey over at Zing and now obviously it’s sold out:gah:

The last time I saw it, it was only part of the 25% sale.

Back