Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics I took at NYCC. Definite purchase for me.

29594109753_0cbaef8d3b_b.jpg

29593499734_e4770f3f8b_b.jpg

29594088173_191871a136_b.jpg

30188583956_4987881c78_b.jpg

30188553226_05d21ca90f_b.jpg

29594095033_d6fc89eeb0_b.jpg

30188576376_1713d16a82_b.jpg

30138223841_f3b3f74083_b.jpg

30188559226_aceb20fbef_b.jpg

30223486005_3186f99636_b.jpg

WOW! Best pics to come out so far! Thank you so much bro

okay the portrait is better on these pics. but still worried on the end result from production. will order if it will be close to the prototype.

I just love this piece.. to bad BB8 is on a separate base

29594095033_d6fc89eeb0_b.jpg

Mattman, great shots! Definitely the best so far, and it's nice to see shots that weren't taken by Sideshow that actually look good!

With those shots you took, so long as the price is reasonable (which I HIGHLY doubt :lol) then I'm likely on board with her. As others have mentioned, here's hoping that production can nail it as well, as it's so easy to lose things during the painting process. The prototype is a professional that spends loads of time on just the one piece, so it's happened time and time again where production pieces lose a bit of the look...that's risky here, as it's an actress with zero helmet or mask covering her face...it's all out there. Easy to go from a solid Daisy sculpt to a Rey cosplayer due to paints/production.

Again, that's just experience and fear coming from how much I know this'll cost. :lol It's the same with every PF thread because you really never know if it'll be a hit or a miss until you open the box more often than not. I'm hoping they're able to nail it. The 1/5th Kenobi Mythos is one of the best likenesses they've ever done! I actually would've been fine with this being 1/5th also, but I know that's like blasphemy around these parts for some reason. :lol

In short: great shots Matt...you really captured her perfectly from all angles and showed the true distortion in earlier shots. Really looking forward to this piece going up for order now...I'm just hoping it's no more than $650 with BB-8, but I fear $699.99 with him, which would be getting insane. Oh, and I noticed that earlier also Centurion, about the arm wraps...I'm guessing they didn't want them sliding down? Or something made it easier to go this route? But yeah, it definitely leaves more chance of paint from the wraps ending up on the arm or vice versa if they're not careful.

Fingers crossed all around.

Wow, those pictures really helped. Thank you Mattman. I really can't wait for it to go up for pre-order now. Still kind of nervous about the price though. I very much want both Rey and BB-8, but if its very expensive I might have to settle for just Rey (Assuming its possible to choose between getting both or just Rey alone).

Wow those pics are the best I've seen! I'm still a bit hesitant to order this when it goes up for PO though, because even though Rey looks incredible here on the prototype, SS has a history of disappointment when it comes to the paintwork of flesh tones on their production pieces. I will probably wait for in-hand pics before pulling the trigger on this.

Wow everyone here seems to like this piece since the last batch of uploaded pics.

But to my eyes I still don't think the face sculpt is good enough; heck maybe I'm blind or expecting too much. It's sort of good that many here are pleased with it, but I'm probably passing on this piece.

The problem if I order this piece is that I'd then want to get Kylo Ren as well...and then a Stormtrooper....and then etc., etc.

We'll see though.

I feel the same way, but I pretty much just want Rey and Kylo, the two main characters in the film. Maybe a stormtrooper and Finn, and maybe Phasma... lol

Back