Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the EX is Dosmit Raeh's X-Wing helmet :D she's probably holding it rather than having a COH.

That's cool...though it may just be one that goes on the ground. They've done that with a few EXs recently, where you just kind of place it at the foot of the character. It doesn't really fit on the base here, but I guess we'll wait and see. It'd be nice to have a full swap out arm, where instead of her leaning on her leg, the helmet is under her arm as she's looking out. It COULD go in her back hand, but I think that'd get tight with how close it is to her staff.

I'm actually surprised that there isn't a swap out wrapped/masked head. I'm sure most wouldn't use it, so maybe that's why, but both Carnage and Venom have alternate sculpts for their EXs. I liked her having this X-Wing helmet, so it's neat having it as an EX...it'll just be a matter of how it's placed in.

well how about its a sneak of Luke X-wing PF statue ... :lol ... we can dream no?

Thanks for the pics Fastball! So then the EX will attach onto the base like BB-8 does...I do like how it looks, and as I said, I always liked it being in the film. It'll be nice to see it connected to the base and the overall look that way once the order pictures go up.

But I mean, if I do get it the EX is basically what'll be ordered anyway, because why wouldn't you? :lol Have to wait for the prices now, as the pictures do keep improving on this, which is what I said with pictures...angles and lighting can make a piece look totally different. Right now, from the angles seen, it looks like there are a couple that'll make it look a tad off, but others that'll make it work nicely. Overall, if they can deliver with paints and production, it should be a successful piece! It all comes down to that, really. I mean, reading that again it's kind of like, "Well, obviously that's the case!" But it's especially so with statues based off of actors, as it's not easy to capture that, and I'm sure it's even easier to lose it in production, more so than comic book characters and such.

As of now though, I'm really liking some of the more recent pictures shown. I really do fear for the pricing though...Kylo was $569.99. IF Rey goes right at that price point, I'd see adding BB-8 making the statue go up to $699.99. It may even be that if they jump up Rey to $599.99, but that'd be another huge jump really quickly. Guess we'll just wait and see on that front.

I think pieces like Rey, Kylo, Jynn Erso, etc would all fly off the shelfs if they were priced at $350-$400 like the good old days.... seeing as Kylo is what? $570!?!? They are losing so much business. The saddest part is that it is most likely not even sideshow's fault. Disney charging out the butt for licensing on Marvel and Star Wars

Pics above just show that the likeness in the sculpt is good, it's just the expression that is lacking. Don't like at all the fact that they are cutting the base to make the Ex helmet and BB8 separate. Just seems greedy, make the whole thing as a 650$ package and call it a day.

Amazing piece!!! Must own...immediately at the moment it is offered on pre-order.

For the price of these things I don't accept acceptable, it better be perfect.

You must not own a lot of collectibles...

I think pieces like Rey, Kylo, Jynn Erso, etc would all fly off the shelfs if they were priced at $350-$400 like the good old days.... seeing as Kylo is what? $570!?!? They are losing so much business. The saddest part is that it is most likely not even sideshow's fault. Disney charging out the butt for licensing on Marvel and Star Wars

Are they losing business though? Do you have data to support that? Or have Sideshow done market analytics and realized that eventually they will sell out of a higher priced and higher edition sized product? Whereas, if priced lower with a smaller edition size it might be an immediate sellout, they are willing to wait the time it takes to completely sell a larger, higher priced stock as the benefits outweigh the negatives.

A lot of people tend to think that because a large edition size isn't immediately sold out means that the product was a failure and a business loss for Sideshow. I bet it's quite the contrary in reality.

Pics above just show that the likeness in the sculpt is good, it's just the expression that is lacking. Don't like at all the fact that they are cutting the base to make the Ex helmet and BB8 separate. Just seems greedy, make the whole thing as a 650$ package and call it a day.

Every official Sideshow picture has looked beautiful. Every crappy cell phone picture has without a doubt some for of distortion. I think the likeness is great, but you're right about the expression. It almost makes her look Hot Toys-ish.

I don't think the Exclusive is a separate base, but rather a little stand when you're not displaying the helmet on the base. I may be wrong, but I hope not.

When they're holding up the head sculpt next to the photo you can see the mouth & lips are def off, too wide.

Unless the sculpt changes for the better, this one is going to come down to price (honestly might still pass even with the right price), otherwise I can wait for the next Ref PF with an actual lightsaber.

Every official Sideshow picture has looked beautiful. Every crappy cell phone picture has without a doubt some for of distortion. I think the likeness is great, but you're right about the expression. It almost makes her look Hot Toys-ish.

To me the term Hot Toys-ish would usually be a compliment. But I guess the way you're using it is for the opposite reaction.

Imo the 1/6 Hot Toys sculpt looks better, but as the Hot Toys one was what in my opinion was only an average sculpt that's not saying much at all.

About the official pics looking better that's usually the case for various reasons, but even those imo aren't that impressive. I usually split the difference between the posted pics before making a decision on sculpts, as the official protos are rarely what we get in hand.

Hot Toys have done two almost perfect 'face' sculpts for their 1/4 Iron Man and Kylo Ren (if you can ignore the thick hair). As I have moved primarily into statues from Hot Toys I wish Sideshows facesculpts would be comparable with Hot Toys but I don't see that happening. Any time soon anyway.

But even Hot Toys have some issues with their facesculpts sometimes. They appear to have some trouble with female head sculpts (see Widow, Wanda and yes even Reys) and as implied by Marker2037 most of the expressions used are what many have called bland/neutral.

Are they losing business though? Do you have data to support that? Or have Sideshow done market analytics and realized that eventually they will sell out of a higher priced and higher edition sized product? Whereas, if priced lower with a smaller edition size it might be an immediate sellout, they are willing to wait the time it takes to completely sell a larger, higher priced stock as the benefits outweigh the negatives.

A lot of people tend to think that because a large edition size isn't immediately sold out means that the product was a failure and a business loss for Sideshow. I bet it's quite the contrary in reality.

You are right. They aren't technically losing business. In my opinion, they are most likely losing customer loyalty though. They price it high, and even if it doesn't sell right away (like you mentioned) they are willing to let it sit on the shelf for a while and slowly sell. The next logical step that they have shown they take is to offer discounts, double rewards, or free shipping on the items. Even then, they aren't losing money because they will eventually all sell. And if they sell most at $550 and some at a discounted fee... they are still making more than if they instantly sold them out at $400. However, if they truly do decide the edition sizes of the item based on initial sales, they could be losing money.

Example: $400 price tag, more Sell instantly, higher ES leading to eventually selling more of that item. High price tag, lower initial sales, lower ES... etc

You are correct. But I do think they are losing customer loyalty.

Overall I think the piece doesn't look bad but its just not winning me over. But then again a lot of pieces have fallen short for me this last year. I'm just losing my drive to keep dropping hundreds of dollars. Did she ever strike that pose in the movie. I guess I don't like the whole leaning pose.

Is the face perfect no. Is it decent yes. Would it be better if she was two hand wielding her weapon of course.

It's really not the worst or best to me. I'm too lazy to read every post but I was going to ask is BB8 sold alone but included in the PF. I figured he was included since they showed them together since the start.

I am interested but always have been. Maybe her eyes are in real life closer but it's not that bad. Still pretty good but unless they bring her in for a head scan or get better sculpting personnel this is it which again is not bad.

Go buy a farm boy lol that thing would never get the guess of Luke Skywalker if you never saw it and they asked who it was lol

I wish they made a Phasma but maybe later

Some pics I took at NYCC. Definite purchase for me.

29594109753_0cbaef8d3b_b.jpg

29593499734_e4770f3f8b_b.jpg

29594088173_191871a136_b.jpg

30188583956_4987881c78_b.jpg

30188553226_05d21ca90f_b.jpg

29594095033_d6fc89eeb0_b.jpg

30188576376_1713d16a82_b.jpg

30138223841_f3b3f74083_b.jpg

30188559226_aceb20fbef_b.jpg

30223486005_3186f99636_b.jpg

Beautifully sculpted! Boring pose but it will look great once you include BB-8...I can see myself including this piece into my collection.

Back