Reworked H2 Snake Plissken Head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure nicky, I had a look at theefnylapage.com as there are a few 1/6 plissken resin kits shown there ..but none of them seem to have the HS that elvis used. I could be mistaken about his one being from a vinyl kit, as there are a couple of plissken recast sculpts that pop up on ebay every so often.
Is there?? I never seen any on eBay though I havent been looking long. In fact I didnt even know any Snake kits existed.

Thanks elvis! Top work on painting that HS :)

Nicky ..I think those kits of snake were made a while ago, some still seem to be available but are pricey.

snakebigdarkcarnival.jpg

Snake Which Way To New York Kit - $155US

I've ordered a Snake from Lonnie just now too, I'll post pics when I've painted it
Here we go. It looks more like him than I thought it did. Do you think the stubble is OK? I havent painted stubble before, I just dry-brushed over the sculpted stubble, I was thikning of adding more but its hard to make it look right.
Aliensguests001.jpg

I think the stubble is looking pretty good, especially seeing that as your first try at dry brushing it on! It is hard to make it look right considering the sculpted on stubble is very light to begin with but you've done well!

With the stubble on my painted head, I went another direction by going much darker so it is practically a full beard to start, with slight amount of flesh mixed into it. My next step is to dry brush flesh over it, to the point where the beard color just shows through the dry brushed layers. I havent worked on the sculpt in a while, but I'll update again to give you an idea of how that looks.

Should have the dremel by tomorrow too and really eager to get working on the second head :)

Here is a little bit of paint work to show you how the stubble looks after a bit of drybrush.

This pic is the head before the dry burshing. These are the base colors.

basetone1.jpg

Here it is again with a layer of flesh tone over the bearded areas. Disregard the look of overall lighter skin, sunlight was coming through pretty strong.

brusha1.jpg

brushb.jpg

It looks more of a 5 o' clock shadow that stubbly at this point, so by drybrushing over the area again will give more of a speckled look by covering more of the dark tone. Anyhow, I guess it really comes down to what effect you want ..particularily as in EFNY/LA, Snakes stubble tends to be light in some shots and heavy in others. Just go for the look you prefer :)

Ah thanks QuiGon! You know, every time I read the name "QuiGon" ..I cant help but add "fishing" to the end of it!! It's automatic!! AAARRG!! :duh

..there are a lot of areas to refine, and I hope to do a much better job with the second head I have sitting here. When I get the right tools, first thing is it is going to be dremeled to death lol! Watch out plissken! :emperor

Wasnt too happy about the skin tones on the previous attempt so re-did it though with this lighting you probably cant tell the difference that easily:
Aliensguests053.jpg

Last edited:
Wasnt too happy about the skin tones on the previous attempt so re-did it though with this lighting you probably cant tell the difference that easily:
Aliensguests053.jpg

Nicky I can see a difference and it is looking better. I think you are getting the idea of shading and dry brush :)

Just a few pics of a small update with the head I had reworked. Well, the dremel has been awesome ..but rather than start work on the untouched spare sculpt, I thought I had better practise first using the dremel on the head I had altered to begin with. So I did a bit of modification to slim down the features that I added to the sculpt, and changed the hair a little. I'd really like to do the hair stlye over completely, with more jagged kicks on the ends, also to bring the face out more. Just did this one to get a bit of practise with the different drill heads, sanding papers, and speeds of the dremel. Added a bit of paint to see if I was going in the right direction, but probably finish off the paint after adding some more hair detail. Going for more an EFLA likeness of plissken:

rwsnake1.jpg

rwsnake2.jpg

rwsnake3.jpg

rwsnake4.jpg

I wasnt sure which of these pics were the clearest but theyre much the same shots ..oh I forgot to take pics of the other side of the face lol ..I'll add again when I've gone back to it.

The paint tones looks good. Skin is a nice match, which can be a pain to get right sometimes ..just need to blend and highlight then things will start coming out. Just a tip on eye brows - water down some red-brown or burnt umber paint (50/50 mix should be alright ..whatever you prefer though), then with a size 000 brush or similar fine tip brush you have, stroke in the hairs lightly. Then lighten layers over it - same method can be used on other areas too :)

Also for stubble - if you feel brave enough to do it, use a scalpel to lightly scratch in some extra to fill in the growth on the jaw area.

Also for stubble - if you feel brave enough to do it, use a scalpel to lightly scratch in some extra to fill in the growth on the jaw area.
I did that with my Reese head with a safty pin and it worked out really quite well. The thing with enlargenig pics like above is that you then see all the imperfections that werent visibible to the naked eye.

I'm hoping to get some clothes for EFLA custom too but having trouble tracking down even his Python pistols.

I did that with my Reese head with a safty pin and it worked out really quite well. The thing with enlargenig pics like above is that you then see all the imperfections that werent visibible to the naked eye.

I'm hoping to get some clothes for EFLA custom too but having trouble tracking down even his Python pistols.

Same here, most probably will have to make his weapons by modifying whats available. Outfit is going to be interesting to peice together as well lol. I have only come across one example of a really well done EFLA snake although have no info on who made it etc:

snake1.jpg

..hopefully the custom I am doing ends up half as good as that one haha

Thanks barryo! Still a long way to go, as it's all practice and learning atm ..more of kurt needs to come through! Hope to do a lot better on the second head. From there, maybe I can look into doing a Jack Burton sculpt :)

"What a beatiful blue eye. It's a shame there's nly one."

At least I think that's how Cambell's line went. Nicky your Plisken head is looking great! Love the stubble and the eyework!

Rabbit, I can't wait to see what you do as far as outfitting EFLA Snake. Your headsculpt is look awesome!

Snake's one of my most wanted 1/6ers so you guys definitely have my full attention here! :D

Thanks Mando, you are too kind about the sculpt. I see a lot of areas that need improvement! I have found a few items on ebay to use for his outfit but will need a little modifying:

Leather jacket
dsp_fc229-2.jpg

Gloved hands
dsp_pa084-2.jpg

Boots
dsp_fb005-2.jpg

..as for pants, maybe just modify the Saturday Toys biker ones (have a spare here) and shirt no idea yet :) ..it is all coming together a bit at a time :)

Last edited:
Back