Reworked H2 Snake Plissken Head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyrabbit

Super Freak
Reaction score
WIP of a frontline snake plissken head I have been doing. The original seemed off in certain parts, so I've used fimo to add to those areas around the jawline, cheeks as well as eye socket. Also made the eye lid heavier and re-did the patch strap too. Some minor skin textures but still to add more stubble.

Any suggestions on refining it further?

Original on left, rework on the right (white undercoat).

snakeD.jpg

snakeB.jpg

snakeC.jpg

Just added these for distance perspective.

snakeA.jpg

snakeE.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought that head was a bit off too. The Stargate one though is dead-on, you should try comparing it to that one.

Thanks for the comment Snake :)

Nicky, yeah I had that in mind too - I was thinking maybe the Kurt Stargate sculpt could be possibly be made into Jack Burton as well ..with a lot of modification lol.

As for this Plissken sculpt, I really need a dremel and some small chiseling tools to get it exactly as I would like it to be. I had used a few different grades of sand paper with this rework, which limited what I really want to achieve in likeness to Kurt.

So, I decided to give it a paint up to gauge where it was going, so this is how it looks with some base colors down. Still a long way to go :)

I think I'll consider this one a practise and rework the second head sculpt when I'm able to get a hold of some better tools.

snakeF.jpg
[/IMG]

I've got the Stargate Kurt Russell head on its way to me from Lonnie right now. Will post pics once I've painted it. I think the likeness is one of his best, shame he couldnt get it right for Snake though. I wonder if he modelled it after EFNY or EFLA? In EFLA Kurt seems to be a bit chubbier in his older age.

I've got the Stargate Kurt Russell head on its way to me from Lonnie right now. Will post pics once I've painted it.
Here: I'm not a Stargate fan nor did I like Kurt's hair in it so I chnaged it to his natural colour. Perhaps I can make a Sgt Todd from Soldier with it. To the right is Lonnie's Hicks sculpt.

Aliensguests210.jpg

I can see more Kurt in that SG head than the original snake plissken. You were right about that :) Actually, its just missing the hair style and eye patch - could be a pretty good option to convert it, thanks for the "heads up" nicky :)

You're getting much better at the paint too. Lot more accuracy and very clean lines. Just need a bit more of tones/highlights down and you're good to go! Keep it up :)

I can see more Kurt in that SG head than the original snake plissken. You were right about that :) Actually, its just missing the hair style and eye patch - could be a pretty good option to convert it, thanks for the "heads up" nicky :)

Actually, the SG and snake head are the same head. Just a different hair style and added eye patch.

Actually, the SG and snake head are the same head. Just a different hair style and added eye patch.
Actually that kinda makes sense cos the SG head is very small compared to other heads and alot thinner - I guess Lonnie was taking into account the hair he'd have to add on for Snake.

Got one of these, but have never gotten to it. I am on the fence too. Nice work so far. And yeah, I wish he'da done a Jack Burton also. THAT would be my first choice for a figure I think.
"This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang!" :rock

I've ordered a Snake from Lonnie just now too, I'll post pics when I've painted it. I'd be more inclined to do a EFLA custom fig though as I much preferred that costume and look though getting a PVC shirt might be hard.

Last edited:
Amazing work as always, you always seem to do the best characters :rock

Great work elvis! I have seen that sculpt around ebay. Think it is originally from a vinyl model kit(?) Still waiting on the dremel to do anything further with my sculpts. Anyhow, thanks for sharing :)

Great work elvis! I have seen that sculpt around ebay. Think it is originally from a vinyl model kit(?) Still waiting on the dremel to do anything further with my sculpts. Anyhow, thanks for sharing :)
Was it this one on the left by Needful Things? It's 17" though so cant be 1/6. Also there's this other one I found which is 1/6 at $50 which is reasonabley priced. I'll order it soon.

ab56a2fcb2ee9835f38cc721dca297b1.jpg
dkpliskin1.jpg
drf31_400.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure nicky, I had a browse at theefnylapage.com as there are a few 1/6 plissken resin kits shown there ..but none of them seem to have the HS that elvis used. I could be mistaken about his one being from a vinyl kit, as there are a couple of plissken recast sculpts ..H2's in particular, but that likeness on his custom does have a vinyl kit look about it to me.

Back