Revoltech Spider-Man and Venom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This line keeps getting better and better...this is probably going to be the definitive Carnage!!! He always has tendrils and such flowing out of him in the comics and now there's a figure (not custom) coming out that we can actually do that? Amazing!

Say what you will about the line, but they've been hitting home-runs with almost every figure!

-Deadpool: Solid first release and drew lots of first attention due to the articulation possibilities. However, there was also heavy Deadpool competition around the figure community!
-Spider-man: Some people may hate the articulation's "look", but I feel this helped cement the promise of the Amecomi Revoltech line and drew people's eyes to the line. The poses were straight out of the comics!
-Venom: WOW! A Venom that looks like he has in the comics! Unfortunate quality issues hit this one, but the poseability for such a massive figure...incredible! And the symbiote tendril possibilities were near-endless!
-Spider-Gwen: Great release for the first female figure as Spider-Gwen has a cult following, however, I feel this one wasn't as strong as the others as it's basically a female Spider-man figure.
-Wolverine: This is another defining figure for the line. He's just plain FUN, and actually looks like the comic Wolvie we know and love, plus with a dash of MvC in there as well. This was extremely well-executed.
-Magneto/Captain America: These are both going to be solid releases because we haven't seen a Magneto in a while, and the magnetic feature is pretty clever. I'm a little less excited about Cap because of his bulk and Marvel-Now look, but he looks to be great as well.

Does anyone have Magneto? I'm thinking about ordering it, but I want to see some in hand pics first...

Does anyone have Magneto? I'm thinking about ordering it, but I want to see some in hand pics first...

I got him. Will try to get some decent pics this weekend (gonna be hard though cuz will be also unboxing HT HB :)).
Did you check out any youtube vids? (DAmazing)

A few notes. His helmet can come warped a little so the hot water trick would come in handy to fix it. I used the hairdrier trick for attaching the cape. The cape is really heavy so I am only using 2 of the 3 pieces. Wish they did a new stand for him. Of course using the stand, he would be levitating but he ends up only less than an inch off the ground...ha
QC problems with mine is one of the shoulder pegs came apart just from moving the shoulder..so annoying but not broke.

I got him. Will try to get some decent pics this weekend (gonna be hard though cuz will be also unboxing HT HB :)).
Did you check out any youtube vids? (DAmazing)

A few notes. His helmet can come warped a little so the hot water trick would come in handy to fix it. I used the hairdrier trick for attaching the cape. The cape is really heavy so I am only using 2 of the 3 pieces. Wish they did a new stand for him. Of course using the stand, he would be levitating but he ends up only less than an inch off the ground...ha
QC problems with mine is one of the shoulder pegs came apart just from moving the shoulder..so annoying but not broke.

I haven't seen it, I'll look it up now.

Thanks for the info, by the way. :) Despite some of the issues, would you still recommend the figure?

Here are a couple pics so you can see the detail. It seems like the dark shading is a little more pronounce in person, but nothing bad.
You can see how out of the box his helmet is a little warped but fixable and with the stand he comes with, he's not off the ground that high.

And if that stand leans just a little more, the figure falls over due to the weight of the cape. Maybe I need to locktite/glue one stand just for him.

Not sure your taste in figures. I only own these three and so far I am happy with them. It is a challenge to pose them and I'm not so great at it, so it takes time. But I still like the comic representation.

Just hope they make more X-men!

Revoltech_Magneto_IMG_8830_copy.jpg

Revoltech_Magneto_IMG_8824.jpg

Wow...they've really done a good job of working on the figures looking more aesthetically-pleasing when in neutral poses. This is a case where I think the Revoltech VASTLY wins over the Marvel Legends figure (especially since Hasbro just reused their standard Male "Buck" figure). The sculpted detail in the muscular "veins" and the vast amount of tendrils is awesome!

I picked up Spidey and holy ****, this thing isn't for amateurs. I'm having a hell of a time finding a pose that I'm happy with. :lol

Wait till you get Carnage.

I have yet to warm up to Spidey so I doubt I'll get Carnage. I can appreciate the articulation but the joints are a touch too loose and the figure's too fickle for me overall.

I might change my mind over the next few days but I'll probably sell this and wait for the Mafex comic version.

Anyone got details on the new color variant Revoltech Venom?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Got my Carnage from Aliexpress today!
This figure is INSANE! I have a Yamaguchi Deadpool and this one beats it for crazy articulation. Yes it can be challenging, but it is such hand and camera candy :lol

20180816_092949-1~2.jpg
20180816_094458-1.jpg
20180816_094052-1.jpg

Back