Revoltech - Iron Man Mark VI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys makes every other product look like cheap plastic crap:/

In fairness, the Revoltechs are about 5 inches tall, and are not meant to compete with Hot Toys. Still way better than the garbage Hasbro is selling at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us, which is a more comparable product.

I actually thought the 6" Iron Man/War Machine WM exclusives were very well done. Paint was very good, joints were very tight, and just great overall figures for $11

In fairness, the Revoltechs are about 5 inches tall, and are not meant to compete with Hot Toys. Still way better than the garbage Hasbro is selling at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us, which is a more comparable product.

Amen to that. And like a good marvel fanboy I got all the Marks I thru VI except for V. I am just gonna get rid of them though, sell em at a garage sale or something. now that I am started to receive the Hot Toys stuff, I have no need for them.

I was surprised it took this long for a thread to appear for this :) I have it pre-ordered at amiami. I think it looks awesome and yes it's not meant to be competition for Hot Toys but it would be cool to have, can't wait to get mine!

Revoltechs are really pricey for their size. Not sure about the quality of the figure itself though.

Never had a Revoltech figure. Do they arrive like HT snap kits or fully assembled? Think I may pull the trigger on this one.

I actually think Hot Toys forces other companies to raise their game. The revoltech stuff is always cool...I don't buy them but they are really solid little action figures. Even hasbro figure sculpts have gotten more detailed. It's win win across the board for us collectors!

The Revoltech's come fully assembled and are real works of art. Their Alien Queen is one of the best figures ever made. Their Buzz Lightyear and Woody are really fun and I can't wait for the Predator figure.
The Iron Man can do every pose they did in the movie but with all the great poseability this Revoltechs have, where is my Spider-Man?

I like Revoltechs. I've been collecting them on and off since they debuted back in 2006. Prices have gone up lately, and because the disparity between the high Japanese Yen and U.S. Dollar is still bad, I've held off buying a lot of the newer ones from mid-2009 onward. I mean, the Japanese price for these on import shops is about $18-25 each, but with shipping included (or if you're buying from U.S. based shops like BBTS), it is quite expensive.

Some people say that Revoltechs are expensive. Yes, they are, but they are imported items. Same as Hot Toys.

The Mark VI looks great for a 5-6" figure.

FIG-KAI-2395.jpg

FIG-KAI-2395_03.jpg

FIG-KAI-2395_05.jpg

Can the Hasbro IM2 toys do this?
FIG-KAI-2395_06.jpg

Plasmid you are right, thanks to the yen thriving and the dollar burning the cost has gone up. The place I've been going to since 2001 has been Hobby Link Japan and they are aware of the situation.
The Iron Man Revoltech, including shipping, is easily 10.00 cheaper on HLJ then say BBTS. One of the reasons is HLJ offers a discount for Fed Ex shipping making the cost of shipping really not an issue anymore. Plus, it will get to you quicker from Japan, believe it or not.

Yep HLJ and AmiAmi are the only places I go to for Revoltech and other Japanese miscellanea. I do appreciate that HLJ has added the Fex Ex option, but to be honest I usually wait for big sales or shipping discounts. AmiAmi had a 50% EMS shipping sale last summer and HLJ had their big sale back in November. Picked up a few Revoltechs.

I wonder if this will be the only IM figure made for the Revoltech line.

Yeah, the sales make you feel good if you splurg. Knowing Revoltech they might make a Crimson Dynamo, War Machine or Iron Monger. Or, like Batman, they may only make Iron Man.

Just went over to HLJ's site to looak at shipping prices. I am assuming the shipping will be comparable to the Alien figure.

Iron Man figure $27.76
No shipping info available yet

Alien figure $27.76
Size/Weight: 21.9 x 21.7 x 6.8 cm / 290g
FedEx $15.56
EMS $16.16
SAL $9.38

Alien Queen $32.12
Size/Weight: 21.8 x 21.8 x 10.0 cm / 390g
FedEx $27.21
EMS $19.63
SAL $11.79

The Aliens Warrior is not available on their site any longer :(

FedEx: 3-5 days
EMS: 5-14 days
SAL: 7-45 days

FedEx looks like the way to go with a shipped price of $43.32 if the exchange rates hold up. BBTS has it up for $42.99 before shipping, and I assume would arrive long after HLJ has it available to ship.

On a side note 7-45 days with SAL???!!!

Yeah, I've never used SAL. Before they offered Fed Ex I always used EMS since it's guaranteed to get there. SAL is usually cheaper but you don't know if you will actually receive your item. For an extra 5 to 8 dollars to guarantee you'll get it; that won't break me.

Out of curiosity I checked the Hot Toys Mark IV on their site $264.00 shipped...
I will hold onto my preorder at BBTS for that one, but will go with HLJ on the Revoltech. Thank you for the heads up on that btw :)

Back