Revoltech Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really is superb. Considering the size and the need for the Revoltech joints it's pretty damn accurate as well, wouldn't you say?

yes... I would say ;). looks alot better than hot toys version anyway :monkey1

yes... I would say ;). looks alot better than hot toys version anyway :monkey1

Well I wasn't going to go there, as they are two very different types of collectibles, but yes. Or at least, this one has the overall look more right than the HT one, the shape of the mouth, the overall silhouette.

Yup... Medicom, NECA and now Revoltech have all -in various scales and with different types of material/articulation- been able to produce a much more accurate Giger Alien than HT.

Which goes to show that where there's a will there's a way.

That's pretty much why I'm interested.

If they ever did human characters from the movies, I hope they make the effort to make them a bit smaller, if all previous Revoltech figures are the same size.

Revoltech figures aren't in scale with each other generally (hence a multi-storey Mecha and a Street Fighter character are both about 5" tall), but I would think that they would be in scale with other figures from within the same franchise. In other words yes, a colonial Marine should be shorter than the Alien.

I really do hope that if they make more human characters (at least, human characters related to the Alien film), they'll scale them down a bit. I don't see that happening. It would be a bit easier for them to scale the Alien Revoltech up a bit more.

I really do hope that if they make more human characters (at least, human characters related to the Alien film), they'll scale them down a bit. I don't see that happening. It would be a bit easier for them to scale the Alien Revoltech up a bit more.

Along with that would be your price tag scaling up as well. I mean for as small as these guys are there starting price point now is about $30/$35.

Revoltech figures aren't in scale with each other generally (hence a multi-storey Mecha and a Street Fighter character are both about 5" tall), but I would think that they would be in scale with other figures from within the same franchise. In other words yes, a colonial Marine should be shorter than the Alien.

Sweet.

Well, here's hoping! :duff

Well again revoletech wont make these to scale, as others noted, none of there stuff is in scale so they wont start now. Also thinking about since these are based on American licenses I dont doubt that there going to be even more expensive than the regular revoltechs.

That's a bit pessimistic isn't it? I can't see any reason to suspect that they will be any more expensive. Anyway, Revoltechs are cheap to begin with! Especially considering the sheer amount of accessories they come with

I still don't understand this obsession with scale that some collectors have. If they release a Space Jockey the same size (i.e. the "wrong" scale), just display one on one side of the room, and one on the other!

I don't consider Revoltechs cheap. You're paying $25-30+ for a 4-5 inch toy. They have good paint apps and come with great accessories, but that's a relatively high price. They are getting more expensive, actually.

Yeah I wouldnt use the word cheap either, when you look at a $30(min) for a 4.5 or 5 inch toy some of them are even more expensive, depending on the license. Thats why I think these american licenses will probably be getting close to the $40 mark.

Im not knocking them I have a ton of revoltech robots, Im just saying why would Aliens as awesome as it is be special enough to warrant scaled figures. I dont care about scale, Im just speaking to all the people who are hoping for scaled marines to go with there aliens. I bought a revoltech a few months back and while it looks like there adding more accessories, for the $35 I paid...once I opened him I didnt think itw as worth the money. There great little figures with great articulation and Im so happy to see there reviving them and getting away from all the "cutesy" anime stuff. The price will definetly be a determining factor.

I guess they seem cheap to me in the UK, as I usually buy on eBay at around £10 to £15. When Character Options are charging £25 for a figure of Jon Pertwee and some Maggots, they seem pretty good value to me.

Still, I'd rather walk into a store in Japan and buy them!

Edit: Actually some of the prices on eBay seem to have gone down a lot, for example:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Revoltech-05...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a01d865db

Last edited:
Perhaps the two threads on this could be merged by a kindly mod?

HLJ usually puts Revoltech on sale and you can get them at conventions (sometimes from Revoltech itself) for super cheap. I remember at NYCC they were about $10-$13 a pop if you bought 2 or more, wide variety too. I'm sure they'll be pumping out tons of the alien so it shouldn't be tough to get it for under $30.

This alien release must mean only one thing ..... predators are coming soon !!!!

I don't consider Revoltechs cheap. You're paying $25-30+ for a 4-5 inch toy. They have good paint apps and come with great accessories, but that's a relatively high price. They are getting more expensive, actually.

$25 is peanuts, dude.

Back