Revoltech Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the new Revoltech stuff that is based on American TV/movies are part of the "SFX" line, which won't see release until 2010. No specific dates yet.

It just looks better each time I see it. Just to re-iterate, this thing is 5 inches tall. That they've managed to capture the essence of Giger's Alien in such a small scale is a real achievement.

If I was to be ultra, almost cruelly picky, I suppose I could wish that the front of the dome was darker, and the plastic thinner. But again, these things are tiny - those of you not familiar with them will be surprised how dinky they are when you get them in hand. and anyway, I might rip the dome off one of mine, just to have it posed like it was mid-production, or between takes.

Also, slightly off-topic but I thought I'd mention them because it means they are expending the line into US franchises...

revoltech-jack-skeleton.jpg

revoltech-batman.jpg

The Jack Skellington figure in particular looks great.

All the new Revoltech stuff that is based on American TV/movies are part of the "SFX" line, which won't see release until 2010. No specific dates yet.

SFX line, eh?

... wonder if they'll do Predators... :naughty

Yeah, it'd be smart for Kaiyodo to expand the Revoltech line to encompass lots of American licenses. They'd certainly grow in popularity among those who don't necessary collect anime-based toys. The Transformers Revoltech are nice though, but that's really that's all there is at the moment (and they're originally Takara anyway).

The thing is, as toys they are cool enough to buy even if you're not massively into anime. I've got several EVAs and various other robots like the Ingrams, and I've never seen any of the shows or films they come from. They're just cool toys.

However, when you factor in a franchise that I really like, for example Alien - that's a match made in heaven.

I really can't wait!

Looks like the Revoltech Alien will stand at the same height as other Revoltech figures:

revoltech-batman.jpg

Height among Revoltechs are fairly standardized. Maybe the Alien would fit well terrorizing your G.I. Joes or HT snap kit marines?

Wow revoltech is now producing movie-based figures.Gotta make more money to cover these next year.

I remember I started collecting revoltechs because of all there renditions of classic super robots. Then they started branching out into the anime figures which I wasnt a real fan of and they raised there prices. If they start doing American movie licenses this could get interesting again.

Thanks for the new pics.

It seems like we waited SO LONG to hear anything...and now there are pics coming in left and right.

Well, you guys have pretty much sold me with all these images flooding in. But I have one question, as I have no experience with the Revoltech line.

Any guesses on price range for these?

It really is superb. Considering the size and the need for the Revoltech joints it's pretty damn accurate as well, wouldn't you say?

Looks like the Revoltech Alien will stand at the same height as other Revoltech figures:

revoltech-batman.jpg

Height among Revoltechs are fairly standardized. Maybe the Alien would fit well terrorizing your G.I. Joes or HT snap kit marines?

That's pretty much why I'm interested.

If they ever did human characters from the movies, I hope they make the effort to make them a bit smaller, if all previous Revoltech figures are the same size.

If they ever did human characters from the movies, I hope they make the effort to make them a bit smaller, if all previous Revoltech figures are the same size.

Revoltech figures aren't in scale with each other generally (hence a multi-storey Mecha and a Street Fighter character are both about 5" tall), but I would think that they would be in scale with other figures from within the same franchise. In other words yes, a colonial Marine should be shorter than the Alien.

Back