Revoltech Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I own around 20 revoltechs and they all have fairly obvious joints. This Alien Revoltech has got to be a proto...unless they're using some sort of rubber sheath on the joints, but I can't imagine Kaiyodo doing that.

Either way, I'm in for one. The sculpt is amazing for just 5 inches.

This would have to be a proto... Revoltech is known for the articulation and this guy looks to have none. Unless they've developed something unbelievable I'd say this is just an early proto.

Although, just from what is shown the sculpt looks awesome :rock

Super articulated you say? About 5" tall? I'm in for many!

Are these Revoltech figures very durable? I like the Hot Toys 1/18 scale Aliens but they're not exactly "play friendly", if you know what I mean.

They are very durable. The joints are ratcheted and click when moved, so they won't get loose over time. Revoltechs are like the Hot Toys 1/18 scale figures in that they can be easily disassembled, the joints can be popped off.

I only have an Eva-01 New Movie version from Kaiyodo's Revoltech line and it ROCKS! I'm sure as hell getting this one... I was hoping the Aliens' Alien from the teaser though... I think it even fits more with the poses the Revoltech joints can achieve...

I'd seriously kill for a Revoltech Predator. I'd kill any of you!!!! :monkey5

edit: Oh yeah, usually Revoltech prototypes don't have any joint on them... So that's why there is a lack of them.

Oh fantastic! I have a burgeoning Revoltech collection (18 of 'em so far), and as an Alien fan I've been eagerly awaiting this ever since they showed the silhouette preview a few months back. Can't wait!

Oh, and to answer a few of the questions from earlier in the thread, Wikipedia has a list of all Revoltechs released so far:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revoltech

And yes, they are usually super poseable, in fact I can't think of an action figure range that has anything like the poseability of the Revoltech line. You can go from this extreme:

Helldiver1.jpg

To this:

DSCN3120.jpg

Because of the ratcheted joints, they hold their position indefinitely. Plus, they usually come with a stand so you can pull off this sort of pose:

DSCN3119.jpg

And they usually come with a ton of alternate hands, weapons etc.

Basically, they're awesome. What amazes me about this Alien figure though, is just what a fantastic sculpt it is. I was expecting something fairly stylized, but this looks spot on, especially at the scale. And the poses will be incredibly natural, you guys just wait. :)

Oh go on then, one more pic! ;)

EVA00Test.jpg

Love 'em!

Yeah I have around 15 Revoltech figures, and this is one that i'm definitely adding to the collection. It would be cool to see if they did make some sort of rubber coating, but I can't see them doing that for the normal cost of the figures (around $25). Definitely picking this one up though. I'm sure they'll do grey/brown joints for it, so we'll be all good.

I have Revoltech Transformers Megs & Screamer. They are super articulate. I hope there will be a lot posibility on the Alien version. However I will still get just one! :D

What are the odds that we'll see more aliens, or possibly human figures from this line? Or are they more of a one-shot type of company?

What are the odds that we'll see more aliens, or possibly human figures from this line? Or are they more of a one-shot type of company?

They do all sorts including human characters like the recent Street Fighter ones:

16.jpg

They usually do several figures from a franchise, but they may well just do the iconic Alien in this case. Some dinky little Nostromo crew members would be ace though.

They should do all the aliens! And the human characters!

Oh, I already said that...
yeah, if i were them, i'd start out with Aliens and USCM figures to take advantage of the army-builder crowd.
they love spending $25 a pop for multiples of the same damn figure.

No news yet?
I suppose the alien will come out as part of the third generation figures then... hmmm... might have to wait a bit longer than I thought.

Word on the street is that they have decided to retire the revoltech series.:monkey2
I hope this is not true.

Back