Revoltech Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Revoltech alien up for preorder !!!!!

I've only had a couple of minor breakages too, but that's because I know (learned very fast) how to handle them. If someone who had never picked up a figure like this tried to pose it, there is a very good chance that they would snap the joints. Trying to flex the joint against the direction it swivels WILL do that very easily. That's how a couple of my figures got damaged... You have to study these joints. Flex the joint sideways, with a moderately light pressure, and they will snap like twigs... The figure itself is fairly solid (depending on the figure), but the joints would be better made from metal. A dog could give it a light chew, but if he rubbed it on the ground while doing it, there is an excellent chance he would snap a joint or two. One snag and it's broken.

Google this exact phrase: "Revoltech broken joints", you will see hundreds/thousands of people that have troubles with their joint designs. Read the various AMAZON reviews and comments. These figures are for occasional posing and tinkering with, not really for playing with. They aren't built anywhere near as tough as the old 4" Star Wars figures, that's for sure.

So, you've actually read through the supposed 'hundreds/thousands of google results to bring anecdotal evidence here? I bet I'd find similar results if I googled "broken ________", and fill in that blank space with most any consumer product. If I typed in 'broken Hot Toys', I could get a large number of results, mostly of incidental happenings. That's not indicative of the overall quality of a line/series of figures.

I actually did humor you though, I googled, and glanced through the first 3 pages of results. I found that most of it was about how seemingly sturdy and almost unbreakable Revoltechs are. And it does seem that a lot of the breakages are limited to the female Fraulein Revoltechs.

There's always going to be a margin of malfunctioned or broken items. If I take the more credible websites into consideration, i.e. Collection DX have no mention of broken Revoltechs in their history of reviewing the toys (from the very first figure).

And no thanks to your suggestion of flexing a joint sideways to see if it breaks. That's just asking for breakage. I'm pretty careless about these things and have been pretty rough on the joints, but I know when not to force a joint into a direction it's not supposed to go.

Anyway, this Revoltech Alien is going to rock, and it'll survive a long time without breaking, I'm sure. If it happens, I'll eat my serving of crow, no problem.

I think it's a bit like the Medicom body, it is constructed so differently that I think a lot of breakage issues also stem from the fact that people apply force in the wrong places and directions.
If you don't take the time to look a bit at the construction of a figure and start twisting and turning the wrong way breakage will most probably ensue.

This. Of course the joints will break if you bend them perpendicular to the designed range of motion, physics in action. Same reason heaps of people break HT wrist joints.

I've only got three Revoltech figs but each of them have stood up to multiple posing & testing of the range of motion. It would be a safe bet this Alien fig will be just a durable.

I just hope they expand the Sci-fi range & produce some more classic movie monsters in the next year or so.:naughty

I picked up one of my Revoltechs last night to see if I'd just imagined how durable they are. It's the King Gainer figure (which is awesome by the way, check out this review: https://haromk2.blogspot.com/2010/01/revoltech-no007-king-gainer.html) and I hadn't re-posed it for maybe 2 years.

It's completely fine, as clickable and infinitely re-poseable as the day I bought it.

In short, back under your bridge "Dwibzle". The Revoltech joints are the whole point of the things!

Last edited:

Revoltech joints are fine if you're posing them the proper ways. You have to consider that they're small toys and really can't take big man hands trying to snap them into directions they're not supposed to go.

Well exactly. I love how his complaint is "If you try to bend them the wrong way, they break". Well duh! Guess what, if you try to bend your leg the wrong way, that'll break too!

And like Plasmid, I googled for broken Revoltech joints and found almost no complaints at all. He's just trolling for attention, and I ain't giving him any more!

How tall is the Revoltech Alien? 1/6 scale, or...?

Revoltechs are a range of small action figures, approx 5" tall.

I can only imagine how cool a 1/6 Alien made by Revoltech would be, with an outer "suit" covering the joints. It would probably be the best thing ever. This will do for me though, as I don't especially care about what scale I collect. All it has to do is look cool on my desk.

Revoltechs are a range of small action figures, approx 5" tall.

I can only imagine how cool a 1/6 Alien made by Revoltech would be, with an outer "suit" covering the joints. It would probably be the best thing ever. This will do for me though, as I don't especially care about what scale I collect. All it has to do is look cool on my desk.

I agree with every bit of that statement.

Well exactly. I love how his complaint is "If you try to bend them the wrong way, they break". Well duh! Guess what, if you try to bend your leg the wrong way, that'll break too!

And like Plasmid, I googled for broken Revoltech joints and found almost no complaints at all. He's just trolling for attention, and I ain't giving him any more!

I agree with every bit of that statement.

And, on a side note, what is up with noobs here lately?
People with less than 20 posts (yeah you Dwibzle) act like they've been here forever and smart off about everything.

Just ordered two of this with my local retailer...Honestly speaking, I wanted to get more, like build & army of Aliens....but the price is a little high for revoltech & I held back.

I never had the revolver joints break on me, only the non-reolver joints broke, like Dante's arm. One of my earlier Eva 03 had loose joints but breakage, never it's still as strong as a horse.

What an absolute storm in a teacup! Way to completely ignore and twist everything I wrote guys, real slick... I was sharing my observations and experiences with the revolver joints on these toys, the fragile pins in particular. Why would any of you think what I said was some sort of attack? I thought this was a community, no, is a community of people that can freely exchange information and ideas etc. you guys trying to prove my theory totally incorrect or what? Sorry for posting in YOUR forum guys!

It's becoming one of those forums where some of the big posters think they own the joint, know everything, anyone that wants to join in with a low post count gets called a troll/noob (how childish) for saying anything that doesn't fit in with what the authorities say.

How can this place thrive without new posting members?? Big poster are always correct, new posters are just trolls interfering with THEIR forum. I've been reading this forum (on and off) since it started. DSD, Sabres, Plasmid, you guys really need to relax and accept than not everyone with a differing opinion is a troll out to get you. Your post count and positions don't automatically qualify you as an authority, an expert.

I like these tiny figures, always have, always will. I'll buy a couple when they are out. I never stoped buying them because of the issues I mentioned, but I will always handle them with the great caution they deserve. I predominantly purchase them for my two young boys these days, I showed them how to handle the various models without breaking them, they learn fast. However, constructing the revolver joints out of metal would be HUGE leap forward in quality, I would give them 10/10 if they did that. It's well documented on the web that too many people are having issues with the revolver joints breaking. How you guys can deny all the reports on the web is completely baffling to me. You must be putting your fingers in your ears and head in the sand.

Thanks for the welcome...

Sorry that you got some bum Revoltechs. I'd offer to send you one of mine, but you'd probably break it.

Welcome to the forums! :peace :D

What an absolute storm in a teacup!

Well...I did try looking, but couldn't find anything besides the faulein breakages. In addition, it never happened to me, so I was wondering what was up with your figures? Only to have you yourself say that you forced the joints in a direction they were not meant to go. If you force anything hard enough....it'll break. That doesn't detract from the joints at all....that's your fault.

Regarding "noobs", personally I have nothing against newcomers.
I think the problem is that you bash a figure with no real evidence that the manufacturer is at fault.
Please post a pic or something of the sort that wasn't the consumer's wrong doing, and no one would have anything else to say.

Now it's basically your word against ours, and you're in the minority.

God...Your computer is broken...Google must be too. It's not even worth engaging in conversation with you man. You're twisting my words, being very selective with them, looking for some dumb childish fight. Forget it man...

I've only got like, 517 posts.

And here's a tip for you - I didn't spend the first 20 or so of them wading in and slagging off stuff with ill-informed "facts" like "It's a shame that Kaiyodo/Revoltech can't get beyond those ugly and very fragile ratchet ball joints; they snap after only a few basic movements".

God...Your computer is broken...Google must be too. It's not even worth engaging in conversation with you man. You're twisting my words, being very selective with them, looking for some dumb childish fight. Forget it man...

Today must simply not be my day! WTH? :confused:
Forget it. If you think revoltechs aren't worth your time....who am I to say otherwise.

No, the fact is (and several of us have done it just to see) is that you Googled it, but didn't bother to read any of them. You just came on here with some half-assed facts about Revoltechs.

And DSD is totally correct...most of your posts are just negative crap that we don't want to wade through. And, you're pretty damn argumentative with EVERYONE that disagrees with you. Kinda makes people here not want to deal with you. I personally don't have a problem with new guys. It's the ones who come on here and start arguing right off the bat...like you did.

I've only got like, 517 posts.

And here's a tip for you - I didn't spend the first 20 or so of them wading in and slagging off stuff with ill-informed "facts" like "It's a shame that Kaiyodo/Revoltech can't get beyond those ugly and very fragile ratchet ball joints; they snap after only a few basic movements".

Last edited:

On the topic of metal joints, look on the side of any Revoltech figure, they have a small schematic of the revolver joints. The system works due to the slightly flexible properties of the plastic used on the internal parts, it could be possible to make parts (like the main ball & pegs) out of cast metal parts, or machined, leaving the internal ratchet plastic. But at that size I reckon it would actually be far more brittle.

I think the plastic used is the best material option for a figure of that small scale. Obviously, the company is founded on the joint.

Welcome & I hope you end up getting this little Alien and enjoying it for years to come, Dwibzle.:peace

Thanks man! I've already got a couple ordered.

I really think cast metal would be a perfect solution for the joints, forget the ratchet mechanism and just pin/screw the two ball halves together, that would allow for smoother and easier posing and reduced part stress. I think it would create an ever greater range of motion, you wouldn't be limited to the positions the ratchets dictate, make fine posing easier. The revolver joints ratchet feature feels as though it's been slightly over-engineered for the task, a little too stiff and robust. It's Achilles' heal is the 1mm+ thickness and position of the posts that fit into the various joints, that's where they snap. The posts actually hang half way over each half of the ball, it's that D shape that greatly reduces the designs strength. Metal would be much stronger for that task. I think the reason they don't use metal comes down to production cost, increases in shipping weight, patents, profit. Maybe a bit of built in redundancy as well, shaving the edge, like almost everything these days. But I completely agree with what you say about not being able to substitute metal for plastic with the current revolver joints, the design principals couldn't operate with metal for the reasons that you eloquently stated. Hot toys could make their pegs out of metal too... I'm sure we've all broken a peg or two. Making them from cast metal would make them much, much stronger. I'm not holding my breath for it though. I've actually thought of making a batch of different joints from T-6 with CNC etc.

I've actually thought of making a batch of different joints from T-6 with CNC etc.

If you do, I would be very interested to see how they work. One problem would be having to paint them to match the figure. Although consider the fact that if you make the joints on these figs unbreakable you're risking a potential break in the plastic moulded part it connects to, then it's "game over".

Back